Zubi Advertising Reviews | Glassdoor

Zubi Advertising Reviews

Found 25 reviews

3.7
  1. "Good people, good company."

Former Employee - Creative in Miami, FL

I worked at Zubi Advertising full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Quiet, respectful environment. Excellent people.

Cons

I didn't find any downside of working at Zubi.

2. "Zubi will always be Zubi"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at Zubi Advertising full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

GTB/WPP did not replace our people with theirs. Better benefits. More focus on agency differentiation and new business. Feels more democratic. Department heads are much more involved in decisions affecting the agency, and employees actively encouraged to get involved. Agency looking to do more award-winning work. New employees, new ideas, a breath of fresh air just when we needed it. Tere's mural still watches...

Cons

There have been some jobs eliminated since acquisition. Nothing new to work on; current clients don't value awards. Increased emphasis on profitability and business; less on culture. Raises and promotions have been on hold since acquisition in January. There's still turnover. Some that left have returned. Zubi's are missed.

Advice to Management

Take care of your culture. It's what makes you different.

"Work and Life Balance is possible"

I worked at Zubi Advertising

Pros

Great company, management, very organized

Cons

Corporate far in Miami so time difference and training access isn't as convenient, but still very possible

Advice to Management

Great team and atmosphere.

4. "can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Coral Gables, FL

I have been working at Zubi Advertising full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Zubi used to be a great place to work with a great culture. The day the previous owners walked out the door, the culture was gone. there IS NO CULTURE AT ZUBI. At the present time, I can't think of any positive things to say about it, unless it changes fast.

Cons

Right now the company is on a downward spiral. It has lost all but two of its clients. The present management is made up of three people in Miami one Latin and two Americans who don't care nor are they interested in making the company grow. Management left are there to bank on their six-figure salaries until the company closes. It is sad to see the faces of my co-workers EVERY DAY and watch how morale is at its lowest....

Advice to Management

Management better open their eyes and try to talk to employees to retain them. We have always enjoyed working at Zubi, but right now everyone feels it is a drag to come to work. For us that have been there a while, it is very disheartening to see such a brilliant company be completely destroyed before our eyes.

"Great but Changing"

I have been working at Zubi Advertising full-time

Pros

Your co-workers will feel like family, everyone speak both English and Spanish, very little drama

Cons

- Sometimes long work hours depending on your department but not as bad as others - currently merged with another company, things havevn't seemed to change that much but lots of turnover since then and new processes which can be aggrevating to re-learn (may not be much on an issue for new membmers)

"Happy Medium"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Coral Gables, FL

I have been working at Zubi Advertising full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

It is a great company to work for, filled with amazing individuals. You can definitely learn a lot from your co-workers.

Cons

Zubi takes an extended amount of time to provide yearly reviews and does not necessarily pay very well. Furthermore, they are slow in hiring for positions that are vacant, which causes added stress and increased workload for those who already have a full plate.

7. "Used to be a great company."

Former Employee - Account Manager in Coral Gables, FL

I worked at Zubi Advertising full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Location. Good place to start your career. If you can handle this disorganization you'll be able to work anywhere.

Cons

Poor management, lack of cohesiveness. It's a free for all and aggressive workplace. High turnover and employee dissatisfaction. No new business and clients don't allow you to be creative.

Advice to Management

Get it together before everyone leaves. Listen to the needs and concerns of your employees and act upon it.

8. "Good place to start"

Former Employee - Copywriter in Miami, FL

I worked at Zubi Advertising full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Really good hours and awesome people. It feels like a family in there. It's one of the few agencies that still feels old school.

Cons

The owners control every aspect of the agency which limits the quality of the work the client receives. It's not a creative driven place. It's a business

9. "Good place"

I have been working at Zubi Advertising

Pros

Great work life balance. Location. Warm culture. Established clients. Decent budgets. Opportunities for learning and growth.

Cons

It can get too stable at times. It can feel stuck in times past. Benefits ok but not great.

Advice to Management

Dream bigger. Aim bigger.

• "Good"

I worked at Zubi Advertising

Pros

Nice team, good location, management

Cons

Salary not on the level

Found 25 reviews