inSync Computer Solutions Reviews

Updated Jan 14, 2022

Found 9 of over 9 reviews

3.1

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to workl; Alot to Learn and Growth available

Jan 21, 2020 - Front Desk Receptionist
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is by far one of the more challenging jobs ive worked at in the best way possible. I have a degree in Culinary arts and yet wanted to get a desk job for more stability on top of my kitchen job. I have very limited computer skills, yet they were willing to hire me and teach me the things I know now. I have grown a lot and have been given more opportunites to grow than I could have imagined. I went from knowing almost nothing about computers, to being able to do quite a bit. The work environment: The bosses Karen, Nikki and Frank really make this place feel like a family vibe. Its nice to come into work and enjoy the bosses and coworkers. They are very accommodating when it comes to time off and different needs you might have. The fridge in the back being stocked with beverages galore is a very nice plus, there's a Keurig where you can have as much tea, coffee and other drinks as you want; Also its stocked with yummy and healthy snacks constantly!

Cons

to me I wouldn't say there are any.

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Lacks culture and overall direction

Jan 14, 2022 - Network Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Compensation is higher than most

Cons

Company completely relies on engineering staff to run company, however that staff is left out of any actual decision making. This results in engineering being responsible for poor and uneducated decisions for their clients. Poor communication between staff. Feelings of being left on an island to fend for yourself. The company would prefer to stay boutique, and there is absolutely zero growth opportunities.

3. 3.0

Not too bad.

Apr 14, 2021 - Software Developer in Laguna Hills, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great opportunity to grow your experience.

Cons

May not work for people that need direction or structure.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Growth!

Dec 9, 2019 - Resource Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

inSync is a great place to work. I have worked at inSync going on 6 years now and it has been a great place to learn and for growth. I started as a receptionist and have worked my way up to be a resource manager - and a key member of the staff. I cannot say enough about the owner, Karen, and everything she has taught me. I did not have the "shining" resume before getting hired, but Karen gave me the opportunity and took me under her wing. The knowledge I have gained here in the last 6 years is amazing. Great clients, great coworkers, great owners (Karen & Frank).

Cons

Like every job - there are frustrating moments and stressful days, but I would not consider that a "con".

5. 5.0

Great place to work

Dec 3, 2019 - Network Engineer in Laguna Hills, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Where to start, this is one of the best places I've ever worked, the only reason I left; I had interests outside of the type of work being performed. Starting with the management team; Karen, is an excellent boss and will do her best to make sure both the employees and clients are happy and that things are getting done efficiently and in a timely manner, this doesn't mean that you'll be micromanaged or have someone looking over your shoulder; it means that she'll trust you'll make the right decision while also providing feedback and input where necessary if you're unsure about something. Personally, she's also good at managing work-life balance for employees despite the demands of the job, if you have some personal needs outside of work she'll do her best to help you out where it makes sense. Frank, Another extremely knowledgeable member of the management team at InSync with a strong software development background; always willing to provide input where asked or necessary making sure things get completed correctly in a way that makes the most sense long term for the client. Nikki, Karen and Nikki work together to get the engineers in the right places at the right time and is amazing to work with understands both the needs of clients and engineers; if you've got a problem with a client or work that was performed Nikki is always great at getting it resolved and ensuring that both the engineers and clients are happy with the work performed. The clients; Every client you work with will always appreciate the work you're doing for them. It's a good feeling being able to assist people with keeping their business afloat despite the fact they've encountered IT issues along the way. Karen and Nikki personally vet every client that InSync works with to ensure that there's no bad apples, if a client becomes problematic or unreasonable they're let go; in my time at InSync I can honestly say every client I worked with was extremely respectful and fully appreciated all of the work I did for them. The staff/other engineers; From what I've heard a lot of the other engineers I worked with during my time at InSync have left, but I can say that the people that management hires have always been knowledgeable and down to earth willing to put the effort in to do their best work and I never had issues with any of the staff here. Mark a senior engineer, specifically is an invaluable resource to have on your team and extremely knowledgeable in all things IT from networking, to architecture design and certainly someone you can learn from; during my time at InSync any issues I had he was willing to chime in and provide his feedback and input or lend a helping hand in order to make sure things were done properly, it's always nice to have this kind of support when you're working on a team which I can honestly say I've lacked elsewhere. The work; You'll have the chance to work with the latest technologies and a wide range of different technologies as well; this isn't your average help desk position. During my time at InSync we did several in-depth activities including replacing entire networks in order to improve overall cost efficiency and network latency compared to what the client had previously; there was always a complex problem to tackle for the person who wanted the challenge and it kept you on your feet, on the same hand depending on personal experience and skill-set Nikki and Karen made sure to effectively manage and ensured you were capable of performing the task given before assigning it so you weren't left dead in the water. Pay, Progression, and Career Advancement; Starting with pay, the pay here is more than fair and has always been above or at market rate for the skill-set you bring to the table Karen has been more than generous with this and ensures she's beating the market rate if you bring the correct skills to the table. Progression / Career Advancement, while there's no real hierarchy in InSync itself outside of a Network Engineer vs a Senior Network Engineer (At the time I'd worked there things may have changed since; there's really no need Karen is more than willing to give raises where they are deserved and there are learning resources provided by InSync which you're able to use during downtime when you're not billing work. InSync as a team is always looking for their engineers to better them selves, learn and progress and will do what they can to help push that along, including having a lab onsite in the office which engineers are free to work with on downtime.

Cons

The only negative thing I can say is that sometimes the travel to clients can be a bit much, but that's the nature of the job really and Nikki and Karen will do their best to make sure you're not overbooked on long travel if that's not something you're comfortable with. Note: Travel is local only, there's no travel out of state and is usually within a few miles of the office.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great place to work

Oct 11, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The office managers are great and keep you updated throughout the day. They are super dependable and make your job easy. You can work without feeling like someone is constantly looking over your shoulder.

Cons

There can be a lot of travel to different client sites. Documentation for existing clients and protocols are not always up to date.

7. 1.0
    Former Employee

Receptionist

Aug 29, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The manager is nice and allows you to take an hour lunch whenever you would like. It's a small and quiet office which is only nice if you prefer to be isolated and lack any interaction besides phone calls.

Cons

The boss is a rude and very negative. She relies too much on others to run the business and will take out her frustration on her employees. Very toxic environment to be in. The room for growth within the company is minimal. Hence the high turnover rate.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Grumpy Boss

Feb 14, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Laguna Hills, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Bah ! Is there any ??

Cons

They know how to suck your blood and leave you with nothing. Boss is a grumpy old guy who mutters 'stupid' all the time and curses everyone around. I have never seen a work place where boss keeps cursing all day.

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 4.0
    Former Contractor

Great exposure

Jan 9, 2021 - Human Resources in Singapore
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice environment and colleagues. Stable and innovative

Cons

Nothing I could think of....

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 English Reviews