nextSource Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.6
Catherine Candland

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Change is hard - but worth it"

Current Employee - Management in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Management in New York, NY

I have been working at nextSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Admittedly, there is a lot going on at nextSource but overall the activity is very positive and the company is getting better, stronger and moving forward every day. The new/existing employees are committed to working hard and making significant improvements - that is evident and makes it a great place to work, There is new business percolating and good things are ahead for the employees and the company. I like being part of the solution - it's challenging and fun and I'm looking forward to a bright future.

Cons

Change is hard but necessary and not everyone likes it. Some are better at adapting than others but embracing it, rolling up your sleeves and digging in is what makes the transition easier. Those who do gain the respect of management.

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward - you're on the right track and it's worth it.

nextSource Response

Apr 17, 2017 – SVP of Marketing

Thank you for the positive feedback! We're so glad that you are enjoying your role, and we sincerely appreciate your contributions to the mission and vision of the company!

"Hmmmmmm"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at nextSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some recent posts are fake news. Very well written though. Shame on you Glassdoor for allowing your site to be manipulated. Not helpful to the credibility of your brand.

Cons

Pretty much the opposite of everything that was stated in the most recent post.

Advice to Management

Think about how dismissive it is to your current employees when you attribute the critical feedback to a "few bad apples" that have left the company. If only that were the case. In spite of all the rah-rah efforts, we're still not seeing any real changes needed to turn our ship around. The on-going staff cuts are just undermining your words.

"Recruiter"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

I worked at nextSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work for. Convenient location and they treat you like family. I would recommend them to friends and family.

Cons

Benefits could be a little better or less expensive. Don't really have any cons but it makes me put in twenty words here.

Advice to Management

You all do a very good job at communicating and I think maybe a little better applicant tracking system would help and a dedicated person for just sales.

"A place to go to kill time"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at nextSource full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

10 out of the 15 people still employed at headquarters are pretty easy to get along with

Cons

Turnover is insane. New hires willingly leave after they see the mess they're about to walk into (in New York) or they start dropping the full time staff for contractors when they start losing clients.
    Speaking of losing clients, all of their big ones are abandoning them. They still have smaller clients but they don't do enough business to make up for the losses. They're doing so bad that the CEO actually celebrated the fact that they lost only 80% of one of their biggest and longest held clients.
    The people most unqualified for a position get promoted while those that are decent or good at their job get pushed out or fired.
    They are contractor crazy and can't seem to learn from their past mistakes. Perfect example is they'll hire one contracting group that's terrible, find out they are terrible then hire another group that's just as bad, find out they're just as bad, hire another contracting group hoping they aren't terrible and so on and so on. Meanwhile, they have their permanent staff who are more than capable of doing the job right, sitting there collecting dust or cleaning up the mess that the contractors create.
    They stopped giving year end bonuses. It went from $500, to $300, to a book to nothing.
    Also, there is no growth unless you brown nose the right people which gets very sickening to watch

Advice to Management

At this point, y'all have two options.
    1) close up shop and cut your losses
    2) let go of the people that don't know what they are doing in the management level and higher and work with what you have. Stop needlessly spending money to outsource when after 3 tries, you still can't get anything done and also stop hiring for the same positions you in New York in other states. You had a dedicated staff. If you had treated them right, the business wouldn't be doing so bad now

"Disappointed in management"

Former Employee - Procurement in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Procurement in New York, NY

I worked at nextSource (More than 5 years)

Pros

The team is pretty strong , there are still a group of workers that are all about loyalty and customer service

Cons

CE0 and Leadership , not sure how they are keeping their jobs . They seem to be destroying the company . We seem to becoming a staffing company . They screwed up the software update . Don't the have a conscience just resign let us sore again .

Advice to Management

Resign ASAP

"This Place needs new management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at nextSource (More than 5 years)

Pros

We have some great workers still here not sure for how long ? They are finally doing performance appraisals but we are all afraid it will be used to terminate

Cons

The management change after the sale has been disappointing. It shows by all the lost clients and the number of employees leaving
    The entrepreneurial culture has been replaced by layers of process allowing for an environment of its not my job , less about team work . All the changes have just made us loose clients , revenue and quality . We didn't need to be fixed but enhanced .
    The leadership lacks quality , where are the new clients ? Where are the quality industry people?

Advice to Management

Sales own up to the fact you haven't brought any significant business in in the last 2 years when there has been so many opportunities,
    Leadership own up to the lose of clients and the lack of relationship building . Process building and ignoring clients in a relationship centric industry makes us wonder if you are in touch with the pulse

7. "Excellent Benefits for Moms To Be"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at nextSource full-time

Pros

Even with the middle plan, the benefits cover all my doctor's appointments, lab testings, sonograms, etc. I also appreciate that there is dental and vision for the whole family!

Cons

No negatives. It seems pricey but compared to the market, it's really affordable.

nextSource Response

Nov 3, 2016 – SVP of Marketing

Thanks for sharing your review. We are always glad to hear when our employees have positive feedback and encourage that open line of communication so we can strive to provide the best work... More

8. "Business Development"

Former Employee - Business Development in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Business Development in New York, NY

I worked at nextSource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work life/balance is great. They provide resources as needed.

Cons

Communication is lacking at times.

Advice to Management

Better communication on new initiatives and changes.

"Absolutely appalling"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Henrico, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Henrico, VA

Pros

I'm not really sure if there are any Pros vs other temp agencies, but if you care about your employees at all please do NOT use Nextsource.

Cons

When our company used Nextsource, I admit I messed my tax forms up. That next paycheck I emailed them about it when I saw it on my paystub. 5 or 6 emails, some phone calls, multiple complaints to management AND OVER AN ENTIRE YEAR LATER they finally got around to changing it. I had submitted multiple change request that went unanswered.
    Furthermore, their payroll department has got to be one of the worst run departments in any company. Some of my co-workers, due to "clerical" errors went an entire month without pay.
    For years I've been contracted threw Nextsource and it has been nothing but problems. Problems that will absolutely have to have management involvement in, so if you value your management teams free time, absolutely don't.
    Additionally, we had submitted very cut and clear reviews with very clear pay rates for a large number of people, which Nextsource seemingly disregarded and paid that whole group much more than they were supposed to. As you can probably understand this is another big hit to morale when your fellow employees are told they're being docked over 200 dollars their next paycheck.

Advice to Management

My advice to management? Save your time, and your money, and a whole lot of really bad morale and use someone else. This is really unacceptable and you should not use this company at all.

"Shape up!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at nextSource full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have nothing positive to write about this company.

Cons

Company becoming top heavy. Employees are struggling working on many projects simultaneously. Senior management works in silos. No communication with the rest of the employees. Compensation package is a joke. No annual reviews, no bonuses, no sick days.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your employees...