Intermatic

www.intermatic.com
  www.intermatic.com
There are newer employer reviews for Intermatic

Excellent company

I have been working at Intermatic full-time

Pros

Friendly people in the workplace.

Cons

Hit hard times during the recession. It's picking up again.

7 Other Employee Reviews for Intermatic (View Most Recent)

Early on a very positive experience - as the company started to slip -- in short -- not happy

I worked at Intermatic

Pros

The company is of a size that allows for any level to reach end to end and grow if one so desires. The company has been through the most ugly changes. Now it's about rebuilding!

Cons

Hard to work in an environment affected by the economy and other factors. Concerns about whether the commute will increase substantially if decisions are made about moving.

It is understandable that tough decisions need to be made at times. But it behooves the leadership to learn from what happened in the '70s and re-occured in the '00s -- because the formula was there and the company was growing and doing well. Key people who could have helped avoid the issues / recover were lost for various reasons while others stayed on contributing to the chaos.. in the end they left or were helped out anyway..

good while it lasted

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Spring Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Spring Grove, IL

I worked at Intermatic

Pros

Good, friendly atmosphere. Was close to home. Pay was reasonable. People were a tight knit, friendly community. Company was doing well when I first started.

Cons

A year into my employment, the company started consolidating and moving jobs to Mexico. People started get laid off every 6 months, every month, then about every 2 weeks. Morale went down quickly. Lifers lost their jobs. I was laid off also. By that time I was glad to be layed off it sucked coming to work everyday.

You should be more aware of the hard workers at the company and less concerned about the money and growth of the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Intermatic