There are newer employer reviews for LoopNet

A great entry level position to have right out of college!

Former Employee - Territory Manager in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Territory Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LoopNet

Pros

LoopNet is by far the most fun and educational companies I've ever worked for! At LoopNet you will learn the skill sets essential to being a great sales person. The training provided is unmatched and prepares you for every possible scenario that you might fall into. The training process builds comradery between peers by hiring and training groups at a time that connect with each another so you go into the company with your own group of friends. It is a very friendly, supportive and welcoming environment to start in and a place where you will meet a lot of quality people and make lasting friendships.

They treat there employees incredibly well especially if you are good at what you do. They provide a great breakfast spread for everyone every Monday morning and an amazing happy hour with beer, wine and h' orderves every Friday. They encourage play just as much as work and hard work does not go unnoticed. Everyone on the sales team goes out for drinks and sometimes the managers, VP or even Rich the CEO will join. It's a great way to pick their brains, introduce yourself and meet new people within the company.

I felt that the management team was always really on top of keeping things up to date and listening to employee feedback on suggestions for company change. Any changes that did occur within the company I felt was told to me in a very straight forward way and before it was being implemented. I felt that LoopNet made an effort to have everyone feel included whether it be in company events, knowledge sharing or company updates. As an employee I felt that my input and feedback was valued .

The benefits are great and after 1 year they match your 401k as well as give stock options. The sales team promotes learning and education by peers and managers alike as well as volunteer opportunities to help the San Francisco community. Overall I'd say it was a great learning experience that gave me the training and insight needed to succeed in the corporate world of sales and would be a great place for anyone interested in breaking into a sales role.

Cons

The job itself is repetitive and does not allow for rapid growth opportunity. When promoted from Territory Representative to Territory Manager, you are not actually given managerial responsibilities. If you do not perform well on the sales team you may feel that your efforts are unrecognized but someone is always willing to help you improve.

This is a job you either love or hate. You hate it because of the job itself or the micromanaging, especially if you can't get the hang of it (it can be infuriating), and you love it because the people really make the company a spectacular place to learn and work.

I would honestly say that if there are any bad reviews that attack LoopNet sales, it's most likely because that person did not succeed and is bitter, hated the job itself or because they weren't on the track they were hoping they would be on at that point in their life. I left because the growth opportunity didn't match my personal time frame. If it did, I would still be there.

People that are hitting their goal consistently should not be micromanaged.

57 Other Employee Reviews for LoopNet (View Most Recent)

Disappointing experience for someone with a lot of Sales talent and drive

Former Employee - Territory Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Territory Representative in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LoopNet

Pros

- great sales training- if you want to learn how to cold call, they will train you and the trainer is great
    - good work life balance, if you can handle the monotony of the job, the day ends at 4:30

Cons

- you have to clock into a phone in the morning- if you are late ( even by a minute) clocking in 4 times a month, you lose your incentives- a big benefit of working at LoopNet
    -very fraternity-like environment, great for people right out of college, but for working professionals this is not the most professional environment
    -certain regional managers are just plain bad managers and they do not demote, so if you get placed on a team with a bad manager, you are pretty much out of luck.
    -very high turn over mostly because people cannot hit their number. In my case, I hit my number and outsold most of the top reps which brings me to the biggest CON:
    -They micromanage and in sales this just does not work. If you are great at sales I really suggest you consider the fact that no matter how much you sell- even if you outsell most of the sales force, the fastest you can get promoted is 6 months. If you are very ambitious and like to be the best and work on your own terms and have flexibility with hours- this is not the place for you
    - Money is bad- as a rep who was in the top ten consistently, I made less money here than I did in my first Sales job right out of college.
    -when I quit, the managers announced to the entire sales team that I was not a " team player" and that it was a mutual decision to let me go- they lie.

Stop micromanaging top reps.
    Stop making announcements about personnel changes that are false- this is Slander.
    Be more competitive with your pay structure- a few cash incentives do not make up for a base of 30K in San Francisco.

Negative environment, staff acknowledges each other but it doesn't seem real.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LoopNet

Pros

LoopNet offers their employees good benefits and provides commuter checks. Dress code is casual which is good also and they also provide breakfast on Mondays and Happy Hour on Fridays.

Cons

Management treat their entry level employees like children esp Sales dept. If you clock in even 2 minutes late, expect a warning coming! They over sell the positions, once you're hired - the "ugly truth" comes out. Feels like a sweat shop factory except you are infront of a computer all day.

Treat your employees better so you will get something positive in return. It's great that the company promotes from within, atleast that's what they say but I am not sure if that's really true. It seems like they promote who they like - qualified or not.

There are newer employer reviews for LoopNet