There are newer employer reviews for STMicroelectronics

Very talented workforce, direction not always clear

Former Employee - Staff Engineer  in  San Jose, CA
Former Employee - Staff Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at STMicroelectronics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Individual contributors are very skilled and motivated. The company usually allows for a good degree of freedom in how we execute our work and are responsible for our results.
In general there is more attention to the people than in other, pure american, companies

Cons

Management sometimes loses focus and top directives are not clear or not always coherent. It requires a lot of self-direction and self-motivation. Salary range is not always in line with local competitors (Arizona / Colorado / California)

Make decisions and stick to them, unless they're proven wrong.

416 Other Employee Reviews for STMicroelectronics (View Most Recent)

good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at STMicroelectronics

Pros

good place to work. nice people and opportunities to work on interesting projects with leading edge technologies. Very stable company.

Cons

ST is an European company, so the focus is in Europe and not in US. working here you feel you are very distant from the company

Invest more in US presence. while we are a European company we need to keep reinforcing our presence in US where our customers and competitors operate

Excellent benefits, but not much of a future in the US

Former Employee - Staff Engineer  in  Longmont, CO
    Former Employee - Staff Engineer in Longmont, CO

I worked at STMicroelectronics

Pros

As a European company, their benefits are outstanding compared to many others. They still offer a pension plan, offer more vacation days that most, and their 401k match is not only excellent but is also fully vested from day one.

Cons

ST has been steadily decreasing their presence in the United States starting with the closure of both of their large manufacturing facilities in Dallas and Phoenix followed by the closure of several smaller design centers. Not much prospect for future growth within the US.

There are newer employer reviews for STMicroelectronics

Worked for STMicroelectronics? Contribute to the Community!