STMicroelectronics
www.st.com Geneva, Switzerland 5000+ Employees

Very talented workforce, direction not always clear

Staff Engineer (Former Employee)
San Jose, CA

ProsIndividual contributors are very skilled and motivated. The company usually allows for a good degree of freedom in how we execute our work and are responsible for our results.
In general there is more attention to the people than in other, pure american, companies

ConsManagement sometimes loses focus and top directives are not clear or not always coherent. It requires a lot of self-direction and self-motivation. Salary range is not always in line with local competitors (Arizona / Colorado / California)

Advice to Senior ManagementMake decisions and stick to them, unless they're proven wrong.

good place to work

San Diego, CA

I have been working at STMicroelectronics

Pros: good place to work. nice people and opportunities to work… Cons: ST is an European company, so the focus is in Europe and not… Advice to Senior Management: Invest more in US presence. while we are a European company we need… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Excellent benefits, but not much of a future in the US

Staff Engineer (Former Employee)
    Longmont, CO

I worked at STMicroelectronics

Pros: As a European company, their benefits are outstanding compared to many others. They still offer a pension plan, offer… Cons: ST has been steadily decreasing their presence in the United States starting with the closure of both of their large manufacturing facilities… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on STMicroelectronics.

Worked for STMicroelectronics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at STMicroelectronics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for STMicroelectronics CEO Carlo Bozotti. All reviews posted anonymously by STMicroelectronics employees.