Universal Instruments

www4.uic.com

Universal used to be a nice place to work, now it's just frustrating.

Engineering/Technical (Current Employee) Conklin, NY

ProsThe facility is nice and people are considerate & friendly. Nice rural location without much traffic. Easy access to RT 81North or South. The profit sharing bonus is a nice annual financial incentive.

ConsManagement constantly changing direction and believing changing the name of a product and or software immediately makes the product better and more appealing to customers. Salaries are just about 1/2 of comparable jobs in the Binghamton area. Like many of Universal's employees I have worked elsewhere and seen better and worse, but lately the morale is pretty poor. The founders of this company would be sick about how this company has changed in the past 10 years!

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to seriously consider selling to someone who comprehends the industry. Understanding your employees are trying to make a living on the same wages they got 10 or more years ago makes it impossible to survive in today's economy. You need to do whatever it takes to maintain the engineering and technical skills necessary to make sure this business survives. The attitude "we can get anyone off the street to do your job" just is not true for people with specialized skills.

Executive Management Have No Respect

Unspecified Contributor (Current Employee) Conklin, NY

I have been working at Universal Instruments

Pros: Nice corporate setting. Small fitness facility on Site. Interesting (but… Cons: Binghamton area is poor and underdeveloped. There is not much to do. Low job mobility. Management treats people very poorly. SW running systems… Advice to Senior Management: Management will not listen to advice. If you were… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Difficult

Engineer (Current Employee) Binghamton, NY

I have been working at Universal Instruments

Pros: Great co-workers and strong history Cons: Management needs to value good employees Advice to Senior Management: At the end of the day, we are all judged… More
There are newer reviews on Universal Instruments.

Worked for Universal Instruments? Contribute to the Community!