50onRed Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at 50onRed

Interviews for Top Jobs at 50onRed

Chief Financial Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at 50onRed (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Informal and friendly with a series of conversations. everyone was very friendly and the interviews varied from deep dives into the topic to general chit chat. Met with a range of people including the owners and everyone was very nice and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• everything from detailed financial analysis to general work style   Answer Question

Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at 50onRed (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with parent company Red Spark. Reason why it's negative: After the in-person interview a month passed and I never heard back from anyone from the company, even after making a few inquires. In my opinion the least you can do after a candidate spends 3-5 hours in your interview process is let them know they didn't make the cut.

Starts with a call with their in-house recruiter, basic stuff. Then you do a phone screen with two engineers. They will ask you to be at a computer and complete a couple coding problems that amount to things like returning the index of a specific item in an array.

The in-person is a ramped up version of this where they ask you to complete some challenges on the whiteboard. White-boarding isn't my favorite thing in the world and at the time I had never encountered it in an interview process. Most companies seem to lean towards pair-programming sessions or a take-home challenges that you review in-person.

The engineers I met were very nice and encouraging. They seem like they would be excellent colleagues and they're the type of people you'd want to work with.

Again, the only reason for the negative review is the lack of communication afterwards. I actually don't know what my fate was as they never told me.

Some Questions: Reverse an array, then followed up with how I could make it perform better. Return the index of an of an item in an array (without using indexOf obviously). There was also a challenge on prefix notation which I had never heard of until that day. They didn't ask about time complexity (Big O) or anything like that, but I imagine you'd get brownie points for knowing it.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that reverses an array without using built in .reverse(), follow up question centered around possible issues with my code and how I could make it better.   1 Answer