ABS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 17, 2016

2.5

Design Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ABS (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

My interview included my direct manager and the general manager of the department I worked for and an assistant general manager. They reviewed my past work samples and it was an average interview. I was given a tour of the group and was given a short presentation on benefits for working full time and was told after a year I would be hired full-time if the year went well.

Interview Questions

• They asked what my skills were.   1 Answer

Helpdesk Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at ABS in March 2015.

Interview

easy, but i felt like they were pulling the strings had to follow the unspoken rules. also did feel like were always being watched. And felt like they feel like they know more than you. A weird interview.

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied through human resources directly. Heard back in 2 weeks for a phone interview. Invited to superday the following week. This process was done by many employees with 2 sessions of interviews. Later in the day we had a case study competition to complete.

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Employee in DeForest, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ABS (DeForest, OH) in March 2013.

Interview

2 in person interviews.they talked about what the company has done. They wanted to know what was successful. It was a good interview.I talke about my other jobs and what I did there.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest sucess   1 Answer

Helpdesk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ABS (Rolling Meadows, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by 3 people at once, a manager, a teamlead, and a supervisor. They all shot random questions at me varying from technical to behavioral. It felt very disorganized. Also, the interview was for a teamlead position and after telling me they were working on an offer they said it would actually be for a helpdesk agent position until they picked up new clients. After they picked up new clients I was constantly passed over by outside people they brought in as teamleads for the new accounts despite me receiving excellent reviews each year, having previous teamlead experience, and being promised multiple times I was on track for the next teamlead position but never getting so much as notice when I was being skipped over much less a chance to interview for the position.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your technical duties at your previous jobs.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ABS (San Antonio, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

one two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven twelve thirteen but hum for six tree a bit fun call jim dave john and cindy. Can't believe that this question is part of the process of signing up. Some people just don't want to provide information like this and they shouldn't have to to.
    This should not be a mandatory step in the process.

Interview Questions

• how many years in the industry   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ABS (Pune (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

I went for interview through agency. It took 2 days for the process. There were 3 rounds:
    First round: I cleared this round

Second round: This was somewhat easy round; similar questions were asked on core java, design patterns and database. I cleared this one as well.

Last round: Above 2 rounds were executed on the same day then I was told to come again on another day (after 3 days) to attend discussion with MD. I went and had a nice communication with him. I was judged more or less on my approach for organization and towards work. I was asked a simple question on database. Then I was told to join as soon as possible.

Then I was directed to a off-shore HR person who gave insights about company policies and benefits. He told me that he will send provisional offer which I need to confirm. After my confirmation, they will start sending actual offer letter.

Yet I am to receive provisional offer letter. I followed up to the person over email; but I haven't received any offer yet. Its almost 10-15 days over and even the agency person also not replying to my emails/calls. I don't know how much more I have to keep on wait.

Interview Questions

• Ways in which thread can be created. Here they were more interested on Executer service i.e. Thread Pool   Answer Question
    • How Strings are immutable? What are String literals & String objects?   Answer Question
    • Implementation of Singleton design pattern and Factory pattern   Answer Question
    • Explain Hashmap & Hashtable difference. How hashmap works internally.   Answer Question
    • joins, group by and aggregate function questions on database   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Interview

Interesting and moderately difficult.
    language communication technical knowlege. college styudies. I was jusdged on my communication skills and negotiation skills. it was a very interesting interview.
    I would like to join this place. the office is good. and the perks are good too. i think good place for working and networking

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABS (Pune (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

First round was technical, really hard to crack, asked so many questions on collection, and algorithms.
    The interviewer keep asking the same question to give optimize solution.
    Don't know if they want to create a rocket.

Interview Questions

• How to copy a hashmap, without using hashmap.
      Linked list implementation in java.
      Multithreading questions.
      Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABS in July 2014.

Interview

Excel test. General personality test. Ask question about expected salary. What sort of environment do you strive best. What are the challenges you had in your last job.
    The last 30 minute test requires a vba test to resolve a problem and try to plot graphs using columns of data points.