AGL Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AGL Energy Interview Questions

Updated Jun 10, 2017

2.6

Project Controller Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AGL Energy.

Interview

Wonderful experience. The team made me feel welcomed and comfortable. The knew what they were looking for and asked the right questions.
    The interview was well structured. It was obvious that AGL is an employer that values work life balance and it reflected in the interview and their attitude. I was treated with utmost respect and kindness.

Lead Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AGL Energy (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

Applied online, attended interview. Interview was ok, just didn't click, and that's okay. Interviewers also a little up themselves. Didn't hear back from AGL digital recruiter at all following interview which was both disappointing and poor considering I went out of my way to meet with them. Sometime it's the little things.

Interview Questions

• Identify a user story for me   1 Answer

Human Resources Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AGL Energy in March 2017.

Interview

First interview was great, was offered a second interview at conclusion. Then nothing. After a week I followed up. No response. Given the positive interview I deciphered the manager's email and sent a follow-up. Immediate response from recruiter. After convincing my way to a second interview with the recruiter I eventually returned. I was then fleeced of information in the "interview" by a rude senior manager. I doubt any intesion to hire me.

After courtesy thank you emails reiterating my desire for the role (the reality is I was going to decline at this point anyway) I didn't hear so much as a "thanks but no thanks". 8 weeks on I still await feedback or some sort of courtesy.

Do your own research - I had the sense of a toxic culture in works.

Scheduler Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AGL Energy (Melbourne (Australia)) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a pretty easy process overall. I used a Recruiter, that first submitted my resume to them and after a few days they showed interest and a Phone interview was done. Before that I had to do an online skills assessment as well. I had to show my previous experience understanding new systems and learning quick. The test was timed.

Transformation Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AGL Energy (Melbourne (Australia)) in December 2016.

Interview

Travelled from Sydney to Melbourne at my own expense for the interview.

Met the Program Manager and the Business Owner for the transformation after hours - talked through how the company had progressed and where they were looking to go to, also my background and how I had approached challenges and run projects.

I got an offer for the role but had recently discovered my partner was pregnant, which would mean that I'd have to take a break (or work externally) late in the contract, as she's from Europe. Decided to be upfront and tell AGL this so we could negotiate something; their response was to withdraw the offer altogether. Arguably not technically illegal (though parenthood would not have been an issue until many months later) though says a lot about their ethics that they didn't even bother to have a discussion before kicking my application to the curb.

Interview Questions

• No real structured questions - more a talk through of experience and the program they are getting underway, how the business had evolved was looking to move forward etc.   Answer Question

Functional Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AGL Energy (Melbourne (Australia)) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who said AGL had been interviewing people for this role for the past six months, but had struggled to find anyone. That should have been a warning sign that either they were looking for something that didn't exist, or had extremely specific criteria.

Most of the time was taken by the lead interviewer talking about himself his area of the business. From the few questions I was asked, I got the impression that the interviewers hadn't read my CV, as they were asking about systems and experience which I never claimed to have.

It seemed they were looking for someone who'd previously done an identical role in an identical business, and had was already familiar with their internal policies and procedures.

I never received any feedback from the recruiter about my application, but I didn't bother to pursue it as it was clear I wasn't successful. This was confirmed when another recruiter phoned me a couple of weeks later asking whether I was interested in the role!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you've worked with CRM systems which take an input from one source, output to a second source, and then provide another output.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AGL Energy.

Interview

Good process and very strategic. HR is very understanding and structured interview. Although, outcomes are delivered slowly.
    The face to face interview was very structured and good range of questions.
    The phone interview was about generic stuff.
    The final offer may take some time though.

Corporate Operations Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Docklands (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AGL Energy (Docklands (Australia)) in October 2015.

Interview

Brief conversation with HR on the phone then a face to face interview of 1hr.
    The offices are very modern with 100% hot de skiing.
    Was relieved not to get the job as I had an immediate negative gut instinct the hiring manager and subsequently heard horror stories about the culture and operations at AGL and that it is a chaotic organisation.

Interview Questions

• Generic behavioural questions. It became quickly apparent the hiring manager had no skills in the field they were hiring for and that it was a role to plug a knowledge gap.
      Not a well conducted interview.   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canberra (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AGL Energy (Canberra (Australia)) in July 2014.

Interview

My first interview happened on skype since i was in Sydney. Two managers from company took the interview around technical knowledge and knowing more about me.

They told me about the role and company. explained my responsibilities etc. But i didnt have any experience in energy Industry. They want to know practical cases that you have worked on and share detailed analysis of the same.

Interview Questions

• All general questions like your present role, challenging situation, technical quetions about the skills you possess.   Answer Question

Senior Modeling Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AGL Energy (Melbourne (Australia)) in February 2013.

Interview

The hiring manager was very helpful in giving me the company structure and background. HR was helpful in providing follow-ups and organising logitstics. Offered flexibility in the final presentation format. All interviewers were friendly and open to new ideas.

Interview Questions

• What's challenges you think the utilities industry is facing?   Answer Question