AGL Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AGL Energy Interview Questions

Updated Feb 11, 2017

2.6

Transformation Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AGL Energy (Melbourne (Australia)) in December 2016.

Interview

Travelled from Sydney to Melbourne at my own expense for the interview.

Met the Program Manager and the Business Owner for the transformation after hours - talked through how the company had progressed and where they were looking to go to, also my background and how I had approached challenges and run projects.

I got an offer for the role but had recently discovered my partner was pregnant, which would mean that I'd have to take a break (or work externally) late in the contract, as she's from Europe. Decided to be upfront and tell AGL this so we could negotiate something; their response was to withdraw the offer altogether. Arguably not technically illegal (though parenthood would not have been an issue until many months later) though says a lot about their ethics that they didn't even bother to have a discussion before kicking my application to the curb.

Interview Questions

• No real structured questions - more a talk through of experience and the program they are getting underway, how the business had evolved was looking to move forward etc.   Answer Question

Functional Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AGL Energy (Melbourne (Australia)) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who said AGL had been interviewing people for this role for the past six months, but had struggled to find anyone. That should have been a warning sign that either they were looking for something that didn't exist, or had extremely specific criteria.

Most of the time was taken by the lead interviewer talking about himself his area of the business. From the few questions I was asked, I got the impression that the interviewers hadn't read my CV, as they were asking about systems and experience which I never claimed to have.

It seemed they were looking for someone who'd previously done an identical role in an identical business, and had was already familiar with their internal policies and procedures.

I never received any feedback from the recruiter about my application, but I didn't bother to pursue it as it was clear I wasn't successful. This was confirmed when another recruiter phoned me a couple of weeks later asking whether I was interested in the role!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you've worked with CRM systems which take an input from one source, output to a second source, and then provide another output.   Answer Question

Senior Credit Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AGL Energy.

Interview

Good process and very strategic. HR is very understanding and structured interview. Although, outcomes are delivered slowly.
    The face to face interview was very structured and good range of questions.
    The phone interview was about generic stuff.
    The final offer may take some time though.

Corporate Operations Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Docklands (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AGL Energy (Docklands (Australia)) in October 2015.

Interview

Brief conversation with HR on the phone then a face to face interview of 1hr.
    The offices are very modern with 100% hot de skiing.
    Was relieved not to get the job as I had an immediate negative gut instinct the hiring manager and subsequently heard horror stories about the culture and operations at AGL and that it is a chaotic organisation.

Interview Questions

• Generic behavioural questions. It became quickly apparent the hiring manager had no skills in the field they were hiring for and that it was a role to plug a knowledge gap.
      Not a well conducted interview.
      Answer Question

Corporate Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canberra (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AGL Energy (Canberra (Australia)) in July 2014.

Interview

My first interview happened on skype since i was in Sydney. Two managers from company took the interview around technical knowledge and knowing more about me.

They told me about the role and company. explained my responsibilities etc. But i didnt have any experience in energy Industry. They want to know practical cases that you have worked on and share detailed analysis of the same.

Interview Questions

• All general questions like your present role, challenging situation, technical quetions about the skills you possess.   Answer Question

Senior Modeling Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AGL Energy (Melbourne (Australia)) in February 2013.

Interview

The hiring manager was very helpful in giving me the company structure and background. HR was helpful in providing follow-ups and organising logitstics. Offered flexibility in the final presentation format. All interviewers were friendly and open to new ideas.

Interview Questions

• What's challenges you think the utilities industry is facing?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AGL Energy (Newcastle (Australia)) in February 2011.

Interview

its random with little emphasis on talent, all they look is just some experince and willing to locate remote areas. The interviewer was not very skilled. he just asked me some basic questions. Lot of unwanted questions in the interview.

Negotiation

i negotiated and got best deal. but left the company after working for two years. lot of politics, not good to work