AKT II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 8, 2017

2.8

Graduate Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AKT II (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Quick turn around between application and setting up an interview date. Interview featured the standard questions you would expect but was only 20 minutes long and the interviewer didn't try to sell the company, if anything tried to put me off the job, i.e. late hours, expensive to live in London.

Company also took a long time to get back to me, said 1 week but actually ending up being a month and I had to call them to find out. No feedback was given either.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about us?
      Why do you want to do engineering?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AKT II (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

First step involved sending a CV. The company replied in 2 weeks to set up an interview date and in another 2 weeks I was sent an offer. The process was well coordinated and any concerns i had prior to accepting the offer were answered to my satisfaction. While the interview itself was relaxed and not too difficult. The interview mainly focused on my experiences in education and work. After the interview, I was shown around the office by a graduate engineer who also answered any questions I had, which was very helpful in obtaining an graduate's perspective of working with AKT II.

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AKT II (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

A strange experience - I've never had someone call me in for an interview and then spend the entire time trying to tell me why I wouldn't want it. The interview was a simple 1 to 1 with one of the directors of the company. I was asked some basic questions about my experience but I felt that the interviewer had made up his mind beforehand that I was overqualified.

I also had to do a lot of chasing with the director's PA to get a response following the interview and felt that if I hadn't I wouldn't have ever heard back. When you have spent money going up to London to interview for a role and blocking out half a day that could have been more productively spent applying for other roles - it's just common courtesy to get back to people.

I found it quite frustrating that the job description wasn't detailed enough for me to make a reasonable judgement about the opportunity before I applied. Salary was not mentioned (it was not indicated on the job spec either) and the job responsibilities amounted to a half dozen non-specific bullet points.

I was told in the interview that the job was dead-end, with no opportunities for advancement. Again - what is the purpose of this? Clearly I had different ideas from the interviewer on what the job was which wasn't made clear in the advertisement. However, given that my experience was clear in my CV and LinkedIn profile why was I invited to interview for a job if the interviewer thought I was overqualified.

As a suggestion - perhaps don't advertise for a role if you don't know what the job is or who you want for it.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AKT II (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Send a CV and covering letter to AKT recruitment email address. Over the next few months should receive a confirmation email for interview or not. Finally an email of offer will be sent over the following weeks.

One to one interview lasting roughly 45 mins with 15min chat with a recent graduate. Relaxed atmosphere with relatively intense questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe project work carried out at university.

Talk through extra curricular stuff on cv.

Strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AKT II (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied in early October and was informed that a shortlist was to be combined in late November. Invited to interview in Jan/Feb. Interview was 1-1 and comprised of questions about education, why AKT, ambitions and general chat. After the 30 minute interview there was a tour of the office and the chance to ask questions to another graduate engineer.

Interview Questions

• I had not prepared an answer for strengths and weaknesses which was my mistake.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at AKT II (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

Two steps interview. The first one was over the phone and the second one I was invited to the office and discussed for about 45 minutes on my previous experience, nothing technical. I talked about the languages I speak, my soft skills as well as my key expertise points. Then I was talked through the projects I would have worked on, the office mindset and what we foresaw for the forthcoming years for myself and the office.

Interview Questions

• What did I specifically work on   1 Answer

Graduate Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AKT II (London, England (UK)) in February 2012.

Interview

Set up initial phone interview by email. First phone interview was only to check language skills (foreign applicant). Then we set up an in-person interview a couple of weeks later. Didn't feel like an interview: interviewer told me about the company, the job, the kind of person they were seeking.
    I was only asked to explain briefly my education, if I still was interested in the position after what s/he told me, and also if I applied to other companies.
    The interview ended with a tour of the office.
    Generally nice and efficient communication via phone or email but the interviews was a bit awkward.
    Didn't wait for an offer as I accepted another job shortly afterwards.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AKT II in September 2011.

Interview

Face to face interview reviewing the C.V. followed by a walk around the office.