AKUNA CAPITAL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at AKUNA CAPITAL

3.3

1. Featured Interview

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AKUNA CAPITAL in March 2016.

Interview

Four rounds. First hackerrank problem set, then invitation to a online video-based interview by answering questions, then phone screen, finally a live video site interview with two interviewers.
    The whole process was smooth and the recruiter was very kind and helpful.
    The interviewers gave me the impression of smart, talented and really performance oriented and impressed me a lot.

Interview Questions

• Conceptual questions on algorithms, data structures and operating systems. Then some problems on algorithms and data structures. Some probability math problems are also involved.   1 Answer

Junior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AKUNA CAPITAL (Chicago, IL) in January 2018.

Interview

I was quite a good experience. The first round was a technical interview of half an hour with a technical recruiter. The question at first half was basic network related questions and in the second half, the more conversation is towards troubleshooting site.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AKUNA CAPITAL (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied on glassdoor, I was asked to take one coding test in a week which is really easy and one phone interview about OS (what is a stack and heap, what is deadlock, and how to prevent or avoid. what is virtual memory and so on, I didn't prepare this part, answered really bad), Algorithm and OOP (notice that they test your C++ knowledge even if you are using Java) knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult, but need to prepare OS, Algorithm and OOP knowledge fully. The signal of the phone interview was really bad, cannot even hear the developer clearly.   Answer Question

Junior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AKUNA CAPITAL.

Interview

I applied online for Junior C++ developer. Got a OA with 5 questions(easy level). Then I received a phone interview invitation. The phone interview is good. I feels like what they want is experienced developer even for Junior position. The talk was good and I received reject few days after.

Junior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AKUNA CAPITAL in October 2017.

Interview

First, there is an online assessment that has three coding problems. I didn't passed all three but still got into next round. Second, phone screen interview last 60 min. Final step, web based interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AKUNA CAPITAL (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied Online, Received a Hackerrank programming test online. There were 5 questions, passed all the test cases for each question. But within 5 hours of taking the test, got a reject email citing "Did not meet minimum passing score in the test".
    I passed all the test cases of every question, seems like even 100% score is not enough.

Junior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AKUNA CAPITAL in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was given a hackerrank test. After passing enough of the questions I was granted a phone interview. This lasted about 30 min and consisted of some algo, experience and c++ knowledge questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AKUNA CAPITAL (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

For such a junior position, they expect a lot. First round is hackerrank. Then, I had 2 phone interview round. It went really well but still got a reject from company. First, they should realize they are offering junior developer positon. Second, they should be transparent in their process.

Interview Questions

• Q1. Get the median of a sorted list.
      Q2. Simple Tree Question.
      Q3. Implement STL Vector.   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AKUNA CAPITAL in April 2017.

Interview

Impersonal. No care or communication to candidates. I was first given 5-6 easy questions on hacker rank. Cleared that and then scheduled a phone screen like 2 weeks later due to lack of Engineer availability. Phone screen question was very unexpected, was given 150 lines and asked to write an Ai behavior algorithm. This was easy for me because I have already done it during my master's but I would expect any other entry level or normal engineer to have trouble with it in a 1 hour phone screen. Engineer didn't seem to have an idea about the question at hand and I got this drab feeling that he detests interviewing. The engineer told me they typically have a onsite after that. Waited a week, no communication from HR. I emailed her, got an email 3 days later, that they were restructuring their hiring process and no idea how long that will take. Waited another week and emailed her on May 2nd because it seemed like they vanished on me. I was given a generic email on May 3rd to complete another hankerrank test by the weekend. Since it was a generic email, my email didn't deem it as important. In addition to that, I was expecting an on-site or some sort of communication from HR not bombarded with a test. On Monday , Hr finally emailed me that I didn't complete the test and that they would extend it by some hours and I needed to complete it. Told my concerns that noone replied to my thread, noone notified me of anything. Hr told me that I should be checking my spam and that they have dozens of candidates. Really? Ain't Nobody got time for that. Frustrated with their process, I took the 3 questions 90 minutes hacker rank test. 3 moderate- hard questions but the questions had such a long story it practically eats away your time. Wrote all three but had no time to debug and pass all tests. Told the Hr that I completed it but would like an engineer to preside over it because of lack of time. Got a reject from a no reply email this far down the process. Good luck solving every round if you have never seen those questions before. No wonder they have a sizeable amount of rejects on Glassdoor. Would never interview at this company again just because of their terrible treatment of candidates. Atleast change the name of the job to software engineer and not junior software engineer..

Interview Questions

• 5-6 Math, probability, pair questions   Answer Question
    • Ai flocking algorithm   Answer Question
    • Given a binary string , determine if it is power of five, if not break the string down into strings that represent powers of 5. Had some story about some game Jimmy was trying to do or something   2 Answers
    • Some maze question about having the shortest path to reach a destination. Some Tom and Jerry story about cheeses.   2 Answers
    • Linear interpolation among certain values or set of values. Easy but alot of conditions on when to do the linear interpolation. Story time this time was about a marriage wedding planner who had to buy stuff for events and people.   1 Answer

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AKUNA CAPITAL.

Interview

One hackerrank interview, Easy questions and the questions were mainly on python parsing, then a phone interview which required knowledge of the python questions - how python works, how are classes and objects initialized and utilized in python.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AKUNA CAPITAL in December 2017.

Interview

I have applied online and company got back to me literally within 2 days. I have received a hackerrank challenge which had one question to be solved in 150 minutes. You have to be very comfortable within financial sector to implement it.

Interview Questions

• The problem involved a real financial problem. Develop buy/sell API for a trading company.   Answer Question