ALEKS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.8

Sort:

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ALEKS (Irvine, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Pros: salary range was up to 55K - reasonable for the title, yet not reasonable for "how busy they claim to constantly be". Office was clean and well kept. Was offered a drink when I talked to the COO. They offer decent benefits on paper, but I never did get to see the specifics. Heard they had a great kitchen for the employees, yet never got a tour or anything so I could find out.

Cons:

Told I would have an interview, showed up and it was an improptu test. Nothing like being deceived. The two gentlemen who introduced themselves to me, never bothered to give me a buisness card or even talked to me beyond telling me their names and roles. They simply tested me for about an hour or so. In the end, the tests were a waste of time (they didn't even read my resume, massive experience!). I was shown out the door afterwards with barely a "thank you". One of the most impersonal interviews I have ever been on.

Was invited back for a second interview, almost didn't go, but everyone told me I should, so I thought I would just go and see if things got better. Another waste of time, met with people who have NOTHING to do with the day-to-day operations of the position. Overkill! Why was I meeting a COO about a help desk position? Also, why did I meet with 5+ people over such a basic position? By this point, I already knew I wasn't interested in working here, but this was confirmed when EVERY single person I talked to just kept saying how "busy" it constantly is and how there isn't enough help. Nice! Nothing like telling the guy your interviewing that he will be subjected to more work than what one more hiree can handle. Good job giving your new prospect little hope the position will work out. Maybe you need to hire 2-3 more people? Just don't call me, I'm good.

Also, they knew I had a current job and my time was limited, yet both of these "interviews" could have been done on the same day. There was no good reason to force canidates to take multiple days off when one would have sufficed.

Interview Questions

• Was unemployed for almost 2 years (nearly a 99'er) during the "great recession". It was hard to find quality work (obviously) and I was drilled a bit too much on that I thought. Also, I am already doing the work they interviewed me for, why would they ask me if I "minded" doing it for them? Also, some interviewers repeated questions (and repeated "I don't want to ask you the same questions as the last guy").   1 Answer

Head of User Experience Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at ALEKS (Irvine, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

They are very thorough in their hiring process. I had 2 different phone interviews, was asked to do some basic design work and then present it on-site to a panel of relevant people, and then came in again for a final interview. They are well-organized and a kind bunch. The first time I came in I got to meet a few key people and spent some quality time with them... this was a huge plus that I really enjoyed, and was very relevant to the work I would have been doing. Everyone was very courteous and kind. You can tell there are a lot of brains here... they are very picky about whom they hire, and the environment felt very professional, but also warm... a rare combination.

I got a solid competitive offer, which I accepted, but then right before my starting date unforeseen circumstances forced me to decline, which I still feel terrible about to this day. ALEKS would have been an incredible place to work. Overall an amazing experience, ALEKS comes highly recommended by me.

Interview Questions

• I had not expected to do a presentation, but I didn't mind it at all, and it turned out to be a good way to break the ice.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations were done by phone with HR and that worked just fine. Took a few times back and forth, as normal.

Math QC Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALEKS (Irvine, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Got an interview about 4 weeks after applying to the position. The interview was conducted in person. Had to answer a math question at the beginning of the interview. The managers were polite and courteous. Pretty standard interview questions were asked to to know more about your interest in the position and company, personal skills, and your understanding of what the position requires and what the company does. The work environment seems friendly and relaxing.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses? Why do you think you are a good fit for the position?   Answer Question

UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALEKS (Irvine, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

They did an initial phone interview, then I came into the office and interviewed with various people for about half the day. I interviewed with the director of UX, then a panel of UX designers and researchers, after which I interviewed one-on-one with various stakeholders and leadership.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about native mobile versus mobile web in terms of the user experience   Answer Question