ALSTOM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.7

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALSTOM (Melbourne, FL).

Interview

Never happened, my current boss at alstom refused me to apply to get out of his group. I applied online, HR got the notice, went to my current boss and since neither favored me, they said I was not allowed to apply.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ALSTOM (Melbourne, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call from a recruiter talk about position, 2days later got a call to set phone interview with manager, then a day later after phone interview received invitation for in-site interview in Melbourne fl.

Interview Questions

• First interview with HR (behavioral question)
      2nd interview with section manager( general question)
      3rd interview with 4 Ingénieurs (technical software questions about c++, vhdl, how you write a code given something, break down coding problem)   Answer Question

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ALSTOM (Rochester, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

- sometimes you are hired as a contractor and then offered a FT position or sometimes you are on role
    - First step apply online but getting internal reference always helps
    - A lengthy interview with basic questions on your profile and experience
    - Offer within 2 weeks

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ALSTOM (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

Two weeks after the phone interview, I was scheduled for an On-Site Panel/Group interview with the Operations Director, Field Service Manager, Director of Human Resources & Unit Infrastructure, and the HR Business Partner. However, the Field Service Manager was the only one available. The interview was basically easy and typical. Questions were all resume related. Another person (Field service engineer) joined to the interview and started telling about what I would be doing, basically telling me the job description again. At one point he asked me if the country where I am originally from is an alley with France. Bottom line is that, I had a very negative experience. The company lacks real leaders to make quick decisions. The recruiter lady from PA (works for the same company) was outstanding

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why you want to work for us kind of questions   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ALSTOM in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and heard back within 2 weeks to come in for an interview. The interview was with a project manager and a higher level manager. The interview was about 1 hour long. Overall they were very friendly and the interview was not very stressful. They talked a lot themselves about what they do and what I might be doing in the future if I took the job.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my previous work experiences and also asked how I break down a software problem from requirements to the implementation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was done.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ALSTOM in February 2015.

Interview

I was emailed by a recruiter after giving him my resume at a school career fair. We set up two phone interviews. The first was with the recruiter himself, who asked generic behavioral questions--strengths/weaknesses, working with a team, etc. The second was with an engineer, who turned out to be a tester, and asked very testing-specific questions. I had told the recruiter at the career I was looking for a development position, and so wasn't prepared for the type of questions that came up. Really I didn't expect to be interviewing for a testing internship at all.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ALSTOM in June 2014.

Interview

Basically just a questions about my "leadership qualities" from HR and the project owner just asked if I understood the job description. I didn't have much trouble with anything as it was an internship interview. I don't know if it is typical of their interview process but it was very easy and not really something I had to worry about.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleroi, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ALSTOM (Charleroi, PA).

Interview

Negotiation

Ask 20% and accept at 10% of what they offer. They offer cheap. There is a lot of turnover. If you are a good match for what they are looking for they will probably consider your terms.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ALSTOM in June 2013.

Interview

1 Phone interview, 1 phone rechnical, 2 rounds in onsite interview. Very easy and typical. Questions about the resume, a visit of the office and factory, meeting of the managers you'd work for. Casual.

Interview Questions

• HR interview was simple and easy. asked a couple of questions about the resume and start dates. 1 week later and on site interview with 8 different engineers and managers. The interview took 6 hours total including lunch. Most of the interview questions where resume related and power systems related. A couple of programming questions as well.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ALSTOM.

Interview

They can care a less what you do and how you do it, answer their questions, play their games and you get the job, cute or attractive woman? your hired!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us and how could we benefit from hiring you   Answer Question

Negotiation

here is what we want to pay, they would not move one dollar!