ALSTOM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ALSTOM Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2018

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ALSTOM in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and heard back within 2 weeks to come in for an interview. The interview was with a project manager and a higher level manager. The interview was about 1 hour long. Overall they were very friendly and the interview was not very stressful. They talked a lot themselves about what they do and what I might be doing in the future if I took the job.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my previous work experiences and also asked how I break down a software problem from requirements to the implementation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was done.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ALSTOM in February 2015.

Interview

I was emailed by a recruiter after giving him my resume at a school career fair. We set up two phone interviews. The first was with the recruiter himself, who asked generic behavioral questions--strengths/weaknesses, working with a team, etc. The second was with an engineer, who turned out to be a tester, and asked very testing-specific questions. I had told the recruiter at the career I was looking for a development position, and so wasn't prepared for the type of questions that came up. Really I didn't expect to be interviewing for a testing internship at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ALSTOM (Melbourne, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call from a recruiter talk about position, 2days later got a call to set phone interview with manager, then a day later after phone interview received invitation for in-site interview in Melbourne fl.

Interview Questions

• First interview with HR (behavioral question)
      2nd interview with section manager( general question)
      3rd interview with 4 Ingénieurs (technical software questions about c++, vhdl, how you write a code given something, break down coding problem)   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ALSTOM in June 2013.

Interview

1 Phone interview, 1 phone rechnical, 2 rounds in onsite interview. Very easy and typical. Questions about the resume, a visit of the office and factory, meeting of the managers you'd work for. Casual.

Interview Questions

• HR interview was simple and easy. asked a couple of questions about the resume and start dates. 1 week later and on site interview with 8 different engineers and managers. The interview took 6 hours total including lunch. Most of the interview questions where resume related and power systems related. A couple of programming questions as well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ALSTOM in June 2014.

Interview

Basically just a questions about my "leadership qualities" from HR and the project owner just asked if I understood the job description. I didn't have much trouble with anything as it was an internship interview. I don't know if it is typical of their interview process but it was very easy and not really something I had to worry about.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALSTOM (Melbourne, FL).

Interview

Never happened, my current boss at alstom refused me to apply to get out of his group. I applied online, HR got the notice, went to my current boss and since neither favored me, they said I was not allowed to apply.

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at ALSTOM in October 2017.

Interview

The job was contract position on behalf of Alstom and the posting was at supplier location. The interview came on the same day I applied through the hiring agency. The hiring manager was polite and explain the whole working condition. The hiring manager was from french and we were having some communication problems.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ALSTOM (Redmond, WA).

Interview

Didn't seem to have a formal or disciplined process. Seemed like they were very dis-organized. First Scheduled screens missed by the interviewer. When I traveled to an on-site interview, one of the first interviewers "forgot" interview and couldn't be found. HR didn't try to fill the spot. The last interviewer asked a question they didn't know the answer to. The interviewer kept insisting on calling a race condition a deadlock. At every step, it seemed like the next decision maker was on vacation for weeks.....

Interview Questions

• Code with a thread started in a static initializer. Interviewer said it would cause a deadlock. Code might have caused a race condition, but no global was ever locked by either thread.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hornell, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALSTOM (Hornell, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, 3rd party recruiter calls to set everything up, onsite interview, notification on whether you're moving forward or not. The information the 3rd party recruiter (System One) gave me wasn't correct, so when the Alstom employees asked me about these things I was left high and dry. Had to wait for a meeting room to open up. The interviewers seemed to be very busy, and had other things on their mind. Typical STAR questions with explaining your work history.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

PM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hornell, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALSTOM (Hornell, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward. The questions were mostly related to past experience. They were looking to see if that fits their current need. And they also wanted to know if I had any experience within the rail industry.