ALSTOM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ALSTOM Interview Questions

Interviews at ALSTOM

2.8

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALSTOM in April 2020.

Interview

The interview was fairly informal and almost resembled a discussion between two professionals over some coffee. The interview was 1.5 hours and consisted between myself and a data scientist. We discussed my background and experiences. Overall, I explained most of my past project work and how it could relate to some questions he asked. He discussed the company, the culture, and the work that is being done at Alstom.

It was a great interview and felt natural. It didn't feel like I was being asked multiple technical questions to try to test my knowledge, but getting to know my experiences and how that could be applied to the company.

I think the position and the company would have been a great opportunity. However, I hadn't heard from the company in 2 weeks since the interview and had to remove myself from consideration due to a competing offer. If I moved forward next steps would be a small SQL & Python technical interview.

Interview Questions

• What kind of libraries do you use?   1 Answer

Software V&V Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALSTOM (Telephone, TX) in December 2019.

Interview

After submitting my resume online I got a call from some guy in Virginia (I'm located in Toronto Canada and the job is in Toronto). I guess it was a pre-pre-pre screening.

He asked me if I was legally authorized to work in Canada? Duh - did you read my resume? I went to school here and been working for > 20yrs. Then he asked me how much I was expecting - I said C$80K/yr. I could sense he thought that was too much! Geez - average price of a house in Toronto is close to a million $ and asking for $80K/yr salary is too much for a company that makes billions? Never got a call back for a proper interview. What a cheap company.

Interview Questions

• 1. Am I legally authorized to work in Canada?
      2. How much do I expect in salary?
      3. Am I OK to work downtown?   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ALSTOM.

Interview

Interviewed by 2 people. It took almost three hours with 2.5 hours of me waiting in a room for the interviewers. Felt a bit like interrogation. Interviewer had no college degree yet was entry level in a management position

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ALSTOM.

Interview

I applied online and the interview was set up by third party recruiter (SystemOne). Recruiter was helpful and set up the interview properly. They called on time and polite and gave attention to my answers.

Interview Questions

• They asked behavioral questions as well as technical questions   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ALSTOM (Melbourne, FL).

Interview

Getting the interview was quick. Went through an employee referral. The hiring manager was very friendly. Lots of behavioral questions. Interview lasted about 30min. They took a very long time to get back to me. HR said that hiring manager was impressed and that they had to work out some details. A few months later I was told that the business needs had changed and they had decided to close the requisition. Could have conveyed that earlier to save time.

Interview Questions

• An example of when you had to work with a difficult/challenging person?   Answer Question
    • An error made by you and the consequences?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when I felt I was right and everyone disagreed including management.   Answer Question
    • What is your 5 year plan?   Answer Question
    • What is the process you follow to get something done? Give an example   Answer Question
    • An example of a time when I felt following the process was not required.   Answer Question
    • What was something I could not deliver on time?   Answer Question
    • Was there any risk I had to take in my job?   Answer Question

Logistics Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at ALSTOM.

Interview

Invited to 1 to 1 interview at one of their plants. Offered to pay for travel but never did. Ghosted for 4 months and didnt answer emails and then contacted me 4 months later with the job offer.

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at ALSTOM in October 2017.

Interview

The job was contract position on behalf of Alstom and the posting was at supplier location. The interview came on the same day I applied through the hiring agency. The hiring manager was polite and explain the whole working condition. The hiring manager was from french and we were having some communication problems.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALSTOM (Melbourne, FL).

Interview

Never happened, my current boss at alstom refused me to apply to get out of his group. I applied online, HR got the notice, went to my current boss and since neither favored me, they said I was not allowed to apply.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hornell, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALSTOM (Hornell, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, 3rd party recruiter calls to set everything up, onsite interview, notification on whether you're moving forward or not. The information the 3rd party recruiter (System One) gave me wasn't correct, so when the Alstom employees asked me about these things I was left high and dry. Had to wait for a meeting room to open up. The interviewers seemed to be very busy, and had other things on their mind. Typical STAR questions with explaining your work history.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ALSTOM (Melbourne, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call from a recruiter talk about position, 2days later got a call to set phone interview with manager, then a day later after phone interview received invitation for in-site interview in Melbourne fl.

Interview Questions

• First interview with HR (behavioral question)
      2nd interview with section manager( general question)
      3rd interview with 4 Ingénieurs (technical software questions about c++, vhdl, how you write a code given something, break down coding problem)   Answer Question