AMIkids Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at AMIkids

2.1

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMIkids (Tampa, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

I was asked four separate times during the same interview if I had ever been arrested. I realize the background check is extensive, but I am the most boring person in the world. I would remember if I had been arrested. From the time I applied to get to the interview was 6 months.

Interview Questions

• They did ask about my philosophy of teaching and my former experiences teaching.   2 Answers

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMIkids (Miami, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

One interview with Executive Director and Director of Education. Simple questions and quick process. They asked me to shadow for several hours. Position was offered within a day and I was in the building the following week.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good candidate to work with this population.   Answer Question

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMIkids (Shreveport, LA) in June 2016.

Interview

It was fairly quick. I interviewed one day, came back for a second interview the same day. The next day I was supposed to receive some overnight mail but it wasn't sent out. I then finally received it; went for my drug test. Passed and then heard an offer over the phone but had to continually ask for offer letter until I finally received one. However, feedback came in spurts.

Interview Questions

• How did I overcome a difficult situation in the workplace.   Answer Question

PM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMIkids (Tampa, FL) in July 2018.

Interview

One phone screen by a recruiter followed by three panel interviews from bottom-up to the final with CEO, CFO, & VP. Always last minute scheduling had me drop everything in order to meet their individual schedules.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where, in a matrix organization, project team members did not have adequate skills or available time to contribute adequately.   1 Answer
    • Several questions were of the type one would find doing a search for "interview questions". "How would you approach ..." "Name several examples from your experience where you had to deal with.....and explain how you did so"   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AMIkids (Tampa, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Met with support staff followed by a director and discussed the position and responsibilities, as well as what AMIkids does and the board of directors. Very relaxed interview with positive give and take conversations.

Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wimauma, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMIkids (Wimauma, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Pretty thorough process including phone screening, written response, initial meeting including tour, and another in person interview. Ultimately, I didn't get the offer. They still followed up with me and provided an answer as to why I was not selected (not enough relevant experience to population). Overall, it was a positive process and you get to actually meet the kids you would be working with. Everyone was friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• Rank your skills, what are your strengths/ personal philosophies, computer proficiency, described your leadership, boundaries, and provide answers to this scenario (diagnosis, goals, etc.)   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AMIkids (Melbourne, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Not very professional but informative some in the panel poor skills when it comes to human resources and the one thing I noticed was poor decision making long wait and they often seem off track about the real reason what a interview really is

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work with kids   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Behavioral Interventionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Hill, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMIkids (Spring Hill, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Got a face to face interview. Interview went smooth and the lady was very nice. She said there would be a follow up interview with the director and I never heard back from them again. It was still a positive experience because I got to practice of going to an interview.

Behavior Modification Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AMIkids (Columbia, SC) in July 2010.

Interview

Once you apply the the job on line they will call you immediate for a interview. The interview process is tradition. You will have a intervie with the ED or DO. Once AMIKids have a background completed which it takes about 2 weeks or more and it is clean you will be hired.

Interview Questions

• The question are not hard . It basically about security of the student and what history you know about the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No they pay you base on your experience or who you know. They do not pay their employer what they desir. Its a disgrace. They have people working for them who has been there a while and make a little more than $8.50.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AMIkids in July 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by the executive director to call her cell phone and schedule an interview. My interviews were via Skype since I live in Florida and this position is in North Carolina. There were a total of two Skype interviews as well as a written interview, Diana screening, drug screening and background screenings. The ladies I spoke with were very friendly and nice in both interviews. It does seem like a family environment and that’s exactly how they described the company culture. The entire interview process took an entire month to complete overall. Everyone was very professional and I actually had fun talking to them.