ASPCA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ASPCA Interview Questions

2.6

Veterinary Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ASPCA (Urbana, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted to interview a day after I submitted my application online. It was a phone interview that consisted of questions related to experience and education. Information was shared by the interviewer about job expectations including hours, training, and pay. After the interview I was told I would hear back by that afternoon about the status of the job and if I was moving forward in the process....Nothing after that, no email, call nothing. I emailed and thanked the interviewer for the time they took to interview me (like I have done with all my jobs.) After 4 days I attempted to email again and no response. I called after waiting 3 days and left a voicemail. Again no response. I feel this is highly unprofessional and disrespectful of this manager. I am a volunteer with ASPCA's FIR team and don't think this is how the company itself treats people but this branch might be the sour apple.

Government Relations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ASPCA.

Interview

After submitting my application, I was immediately emailed asking to set up an interview. The interview was easy enough and went smoothly. I was told that I would hear back in less than a week. When two weeks went by, I reached out and was told that they were still making decisions. Two more weeks passed, and I finally received an email asking for a follow-up interview. I immediately emailed back with the times that I was free. I didn't hear back in almost a week, so I reached out again and we scheduled for the following week. Then she cancelled the interview 10 minutes before the arranged time because of a meeting and said she would email me the next day to reschedule. I was cordial and respectful, and I told her that I understood. She didn't email me the following day, so I emailed her and we planned for the following week once again. Then she emailed me late in the evening the night before the interview was scheduled saying that they were no longer looking for interns. I spent 4 weeks trying to make a second interview happen only to be told the position was filled after being strung along. The entire process felt extremely unprofessional and frustrating.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ASPCA (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online using the standard form but had a very impassioned cover letter, which I believe is why I received a call to interview despite experience that didn't exactly line up. The first interview, with my direct superior to-be went extremely well, and I was excited for the potential to improve and grow the campaign. My call back interview was with her superior, who seemed to have no intention of improving anything about the campaign, and flat out said that they would just be pushing the exact same ideas/agenda they had been, rather than looking for new angles. From my experience, I'd say that those highest in the company seem resistant or slow to change and would not be receptive to new ideas.

Director of Safety & Security Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ASPCA.

Interview

Couple of days after submitting application online, received an email to set up a phone interview with HR. Phone interview went well, normal "get to know you" questions. About a week or two later received an email to interview with hiring manager. This was also a phone interview. Interview went well asking about current roles and responsibilities. Overall interview went great and non-intimidating.

Interview Questions

• Can you relate to the mission of the ASPCA and how do you feel about it?   Answer Question

Member Communications Coordinator and Web Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ASPCA (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I've seen some of the negative reviews on here for both the interview experience and the company and I wanted to post a different perspective. I've been through the interview process twice (and didn't obtain the position in either case) and also volunteered for a year. Everyone I interviewed with from HR to hiring managers were warm and responsive and the interviews were conducted in a fair and straightforward manner. (Note: This has certainly NOT been the case with other interview experiences.) I had the same experience with other people I met in the office throughout the interview process as well as with the staff volunteer coordinators prior to that. So, yeah - I don't know if I just lucked out with the departments I interacted with, but my advice is to go for it if you're considering applying!

Interview Questions

• All questions were pertinent to my background and the expectations for the role.   Answer Question

Licensed Veterinary Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ASPCA (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed with HR and waited weeks for an offer letter even though I was told by the department head that I got the job. It's amazing to my how slow most Human Resource Departments are.

Vet Tech Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at ASPCA.

Interview

It was very fast at the time I was hired, all done within a matter of a week. Submitted my resume, got a call back immediately, was in the following day for an interview, was hired within that week.

Interview Questions

• Behavior based questions. Give me an example of time xyz happened and what you did to resolve it   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ASPCA (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Overall, the experience was positive but the lack of any communications after FIVE interviews (a one hour and a half screening call, and then four in-person interviews) was unprofessional at best, particularly as I was told before the final interview that I was one of three finalists. After the screening call, I was brought in and met with HR, followed by two separate interviews with different executives, followed by the final interview with the ultimate hiring manager. This process (from the screening call to the final interview) took about two months, and I was told in the beginning that it would be a lengthy process. Two weeks after my last interview I followed up, and did hear back promptly that there were still a couple of other candidates to be interviewed and I would be told of their final decision (this was three months ago). I didn't get a warm and fuzzy feeling from this response, so I moved on but at some point I would have certainly thought that after the time and energy I put into this process, that someone would have circled back to say that it wasn't a fit, they would be pursuring other candidates, etc. Prompt feedback is always appreciated but in this case there was zero feedback.

Overall, though, it was a positive experience and I enjoyed meeting the people that I did meet and learning more about the ASPCA and their mission.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ASPCA (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

There were several rounds of interviews. First a phone screen, then a face to face with someone in HR, next was a face to face with one of the department heads. I did not get an offer from this company. That's fine because I don't really think it was the right fit for me. They seem like REALLY, REALLY awesome people though! I know that they have some not so great reviews on Glass Door. I can't speak as an employee, but everyone I met there was warm, wonderful and really, really friendly.

Interview Questions

• There were LOTs of "What would you do if... type questions.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ASPCA (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I don't typically write reviews, but as a result of the frustrating hiring process I felt inclined to share my experience. This doesn't reflect the people who interviewed me, as I enjoyed meeting with them. I met with 4 people in the new york office on two separate occasions. I was told they would reach a decision by next week, but I didn't hear anything by that date. I was later asked to provide references (that hr did call). A week later I sent hr a brief note to check on the status, and the hr manager didn't respond back to my email. The next week she advised me I would find out by the end of the week. Two weeks went by and I hadn't heard any news, so I called and was initially asked if I could hang up so she could send me an email. She then went on to tell me that they had decided to change the position to make it more senior and were not moving forward with me. This is something that happens, and I get that. I feel hr should have communicated this to me personally, instead of essentially leaving me in the dark. The process in general was very drawn out, and hr never took responsibility for the dates I was told decisions would be made.