ASTRO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 24, 2017

2.8

IOS Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASTRO (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in November 2017.

Interview

1. Talk with one of scrum team
    2. Task
    3. Talk with Technical Team and Senior
    4. Got form to complete the offer process but i decline it

it was lengthy but i have another offer and at the moment and i havent ready yet to move to Malaysia ..
    In future will try again if i ready to move. I really like Astro environment and tech stack,

Assistant Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ASTRO in July 2017.

Interview

Worst pre- interview experience, doubt that working environment or culture would be any better! I was shortlisted for an interview. Unfortunately the interview date coincides with my event date. I politely called up and inform that hiring department. The reply got me dumbfounded “If you can make it you come. We don’t reschedule interviews!” Really not impressed with ASTRO after this treatment.
    Didn’t make it to the interview.

Interview Questions

• NA as I’ve only experienced the pre-interview arrangement.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASTRO (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in June 2017.

Interview

The HR called me up and had brief phone introduction. Then asked me to work on an assignment before any face to face interview.

The assignment had a 7 days deadline and it was followed by a generic questionnaire.

All 3 parts of the assignment were done using the latest technologies and practices. But based on mobile analytics that I setup on the code, the evaluator didn't go through all the tasks.

I could also see that he/she spent less than 2-3 minutes testing the app functionalities. It was disappointment that a candidate spend 20-24 hours writing best practice codes and the evaluator doesn't event go through the code.

It would be professional to at least have a technical review feedback instead of a generic message saying we are impressed but your skills do not match the requirement.

Interview Questions

• The assignment had 3 parts:

Create a mobile app to list astro channels and enable users to sort the channels based on channel no or name.

Enable the user to add channels to their favorite list and persist the data on the phone

Enable the user to log in using a social account and sync/persist the user favorite list and sort settings on the cloud   1 Answer

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ASTRO (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in June 2017.

Interview

Very fast and quick. Just a chat really with the hiring manager and then with the C Level. It was all very easy and laidback. Really enjoyed the interview and quite flexible to do over the phone as the C Level was in overseas.

Interview Questions

• What would you say is the most effective and ineffective situation that you can perform?   Answer Question

AVP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASTRO (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in January 2017.

Interview

Smooth and professionally conducted. HR was very accommodative when I needed to shift the interview session and all. 2 Senior AVP interviewed me for the position, buth seems highly experienced in this.

Interview Questions

• What makes you plan to leave the previous job?   1 Answer

Associate, QA Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASTRO (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in May 2016.

Interview

Cool. It was a short and precise interview. Interviewer briefed about the benefits and the job scopes as well. Visited the broadcast & operation workplace right after the interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at ASTRO in March 2016.

Interview

Simple and straightforward face-to-face interview. I received a phone call that day itself saying that I got the job. An official offer was emailed to me in the days that followed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No, I was not able to negotiate the offer.

Associate Interview

Interview

Very relaxed and friendly, with an intention to grow my career if I were to get the job. I got a clear understanding of the job scope and was anticipating to be hired.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASTRO (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in July 2015.

Interview

Sent in my CV and immediately got a call from ASTRO's Talent Management team to set up interview the following week with the Head of Department. even though it was just a first interview, there were a lot of documents to prepare and hand over: employment form, MyKad copy, certificates and a passport photo. Happened very quickly.

Interview Questions

• 1. What my status was (whether I was single/had young kids). Due to the demands of the job, the interviewer set expectations fairly.
      2. Current salary and expected salary   1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ASTRO (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward. First stage interview was a face to face interview with the head of business (VP level). Second stage interview was a face to face interview/calls with the CCO. Fortunately, the CCO gave a green light without the need to go through the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself   Answer Question
    • Explain what were you doing in xx company & what was your role?   Answer Question
    • How do you design the xx model & what are the variables in the model?   Answer Question
    • What do you understand about this role & how do you think you can contribute to this role?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were few rounds of negotiation with the HR through phone calls. It was concluded within 2 weeks.