ASTRO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 8, 2017

2.9

Associate, QA Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASTRO (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in May 2016.

Interview

Cool. It was a short and precise interview. Interviewer briefed about the benefits and the job scopes as well. Visited the broadcast & operation workplace right after the interview.

Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at ASTRO in March 2016.

Interview

Simple and straightforward face-to-face interview. I received a phone call that day itself saying that I got the job. An official offer was emailed to me in the days that followed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No, I was not able to negotiate the offer.

Associate Interview

Interview

Very relaxed and friendly, with an intention to grow my career if I were to get the job. I got a clear understanding of the job scope and was anticipating to be hired.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASTRO (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in July 2015.

Interview

Sent in my CV and immediately got a call from ASTRO's Talent Management team to set up interview the following week with the Head of Department. even though it was just a first interview, there were a lot of documents to prepare and hand over: employment form, MyKad copy, certificates and a passport photo. Happened very quickly.

Interview Questions

• 1. What my status was (whether I was single/had young kids). Due to the demands of the job, the interviewer set expectations fairly.
      2. Current salary and expected salary
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ASTRO (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward. First stage interview was a face to face interview with the head of business (VP level). Second stage interview was a face to face interview/calls with the CCO. Fortunately, the CCO gave a green light without the need to go through the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself   Answer Question
    • Explain what were you doing in xx company & what was your role?   Answer Question
    • How do you design the xx model & what are the variables in the model?   Answer Question
    • What do you understand about this role & how do you think you can contribute to this role?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were few rounds of negotiation with the HR through phone calls. It was concluded within 2 weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ASTRO (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in February 2015.

Interview

Great and easy flowing. Alot of task based questions were asked. Manage to answer all and give feedback on how to improve the process in the future. They asked how many of us were in the previous role as a team and how we managed overseas payroll processing. They are good at listening at your suggestions and opinion. Great place to start of with career. Thank you

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Kindly ask more questions on the task that will be given and what are their expectation in terms of performance by group or individual

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ASTRO (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in December 2012.

Interview

Met the hiring manager and had the interview with him around 1 hour. Plus a homework to send a CMS report. He gave me 3 days to send the report back to him. After that, all HR processes. It took around 3 months to get the offer letter. Overall, it was pleasant experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ASTRO in November 2012.

Interview

Just a straight forward interview asking what I had achieved in my previous job, why do I want to work in this company and what do I expect to learn from this job. Gone through 2 interviews and receive confirmation within 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What had you achieved and proud to share with me in your previous job ?   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ASTRO (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in September 2012.

Interview

The interview process was good except the period taken to offer the role was slightly long which required me to do continuous follow up. However, my immediate superior was helpful in providing the details on what was happening. Therefore I was kept informed most of the time.

For the one to one interview, my immediate supervisor who was my interviewer was friendly and welcoming. The environment for the interview was very conducive. I did not have to wait for too long before I was interviewed.

Interview Questions

• My experiences and how do I deal with stressful environments   1 Answer

OHSAS18001 Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASTRO (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in June 2012.

Interview

HR Executive called to make appointment for the interview. One to one interview by the HR Manager on the day of interview. Prior to that the candidate was asked to fill in a recruitment form with personal particulars and experience.