AVI-SPL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 28, 2017

2.1

Lead Audio Video Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at AVI-SPL (Herndon, VA).

Interview

Fairly laid back guy, showed me around the place, asked me a few questions, nothing technical, really a pretty poor interview process for the level of expense they dole out per employee immediately after hiring. I find it to be irresponsible and inadequate. If I were the boss I would be angry.

Video Managed Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AVI-SPL (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process is conducted over the phone. I was required to interview with people who I never met in person, never worked with, and/or didn't communicate with me. during the interview process, they neglect to inform of pertinent information about things that would later be expected from you, and then held against you. The business model is built on deception, misinformation, and setting you up for failure.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider as keeping you from learning and progressing?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiating. They painted a very pretty picture and hired me on false pretenses.

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midland, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AVI-SPL (Midland, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

Sat down and was asked when I could start. Took less than 30 minutes. Getting onto Dow's campus and finding the visitor center was a majority of the battle. Process was straight forward. I submitted online through Indeed, got a call, got the interview date, did the interview, got a call where they ask how much you want to make, then started in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Generic runthrough of my resume   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AVI-SPL in March 2015.

Interview

Straightforward and quick. The manager I was going to work for interviewed me directly and inquired about my day to day processes and experience working within the payroll profession. I interviewed first with the recruiter, then with the manager I would be reporting to.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with Prevailing Wage and Job Costing   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AVI-SPL (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Sent in detailed resume and worked with national recruiter. I found a suitable opening in a local office and dropped off resume. It took over 2 months to get an interview as well as 3 addition phone calls. This was a successful process.

AV Technician Interview

Interview

Applied online. I received a phone call and was asked if I was interested in being interviewed over the phone since I was from out of town. I agreed, and an interview was arranged for the following week. I spoke with the operations manager and general manager. I received a phone call approximately a month later inviting me to come to in for another interview. I came in and everyone was very friendly. Was asked technical questions, personality questions, and questions about experience. I received an offer a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Explaining how to deal with difficult customers and coworkers.   Answer Question

Production Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parker, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AVI-SPL (Parker, CO) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a response via email a few days later. The email asked if I could come in for an interview, which was scheduled for a couple days later. When I came in for the interview, I sat down with the Operations Manager and someone else from upper management. The questions I was asked were directed more toward finding out more about me, what skills I have that qualify me for the position, and my past experience and how those skills were developed. I wasn't asked about why I had left my previous positions, which I appreciated.

Several days after the initial interview, I received another email asking if I could come in for a second interview. Of course I did, and went in a few days later. This time, the Operations Manager had me sit down with the four Production Managers in their office, as well as herself. The managers took turns asking similar questions as in the first interview, with others that were aimed at getting to know me and my character. One of the managers gave me a five-digit number to memorize. She asked me later in the interview what the number was, which I was able to recall. They were very friendly and I was able to get some laughs out of them. It was a very comfortable interview.

Interview Questions

• If you had a super power, what would it be?   1 Answer
    • Google or Bing?   1 Answer

Installation Technician II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AVI-SPL (Sterling, VA) in December 2013.

Interview

I applied online through their employment portal and got an email asking to come in for an interview. I emailed back saying I would be happy to come in for an interview. The interview itself was pretty casual and the interviewer made me feel comfortable right away. Actually one of the best interview experiences I have had.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about certain AV tech and just past instal projects I have worked on and what I know how to do. They asked if I would be comfortable traveling.   1 Answer

Web Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midland, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AVI-SPL (Midland, MI) in December 2013.

Interview

4 people in the room, very intimidating at first, but they reassured that they are people to and they just wanted to find out more about my style and personality. They made sure you were comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Basic programming questions such as preference.
      Example: To make a word bold, what would you rather use? <b></b> or <strong></strong>   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AVI-SPL (Tampa, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

It was very lengthy and very detailed questions being asked. But it was very a pleasant and relaxed atmosphere. There was a lot of discussions about the company, company goals, challenges, etc...I felt very relaxed and comfortable answering tough questions that I was asked. I spent about 3 hours with the person who interviewed me. I got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/a