AWEA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at AWEA

Legal Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AWEA (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through a school portal. Online application and then a half hour phone interview. The senior counsel and junior and counsel were on the phone. Senior counsel did most of the talking and seemed to control the hiring decision. Followed up with them a few days later and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AWEA (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

I had one phone interview with a VP in the regulatory affairs team, then a follow up in-person interview with the same VP, the director for environmental permitting, and their senior counsel. I already interned their previously during law school, so I had an active rapport with senior counsel. Despite being a panel interview, they were all very personable.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very geared toward the job description that was listed on their website. The job involves leading a steering committee so there was a focus on managing conflict among members of the committee. Included were questions on my ability to pick up new material quickly (I have little wildlife experience but that is a substantial portion of their work in regulatory affairs) and ability to understand scientific findings in a regulatory context.   1 Answer

Legal Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AWEA (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview was very simple, one round with the senior counsel. He is mostly interested in your passion towards environmental law/energy law/wildlife law. He himself is a big fan of wildlife law.