Abbott Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Abbott Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2018

2.8

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abbott.

Interview

Got called by the hiring manager for phone interview. Went in for on site interview within 3 days. Got an offer the following day.
    The background process took forever.
    Otherwise the interview was very professional.
    I got interviewed by 5 people 30 minutes each.

Technical Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Abbott.

Interview

Pretty routine interview process, introduce yourself and ask why the position interests you. The hardest part was trying to get a feel for the Interviewers; they were very monotone and uninterested and seemed to already have a decision before the interview started.

Clinical Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sylmar, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Abbott (Sylmar, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied through recruiter. First round of my interview was done by phone by a hiring manager, who was really nice. It took about 20 minutes. Then, I was invited to the on-site interview which was 3 hours (!) long and was very exhausting. I met 6 individuals, spent 30 minutes with each of them at 1-on-1 meetings. They were asking absolutely same questions, however, last two persons made the accent on behavior questions which i hate.
    The temperature in the conference room where the interview was held was very hot and there was no drinking water at the facility per the receptionist. I had severe headache by the end of the 2nd hour. Even though I haven't received a job offer, the overall experience was terrible and left bad aftertaste.

Specialty Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott (Austin, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

It started with a video interview, then phone interview then in-person interview. I really enjoyed my interaction with all the people I was in contact with during this interview process with Abbott. It seems like a fantastic company, with fantastic compensation, culture, opportunity, and benefits. Everyone I have spoken with who works for or has worked Abbott really loves it.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals this year?   1 Answer

Regulatory Affairs Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abbott in March 2018.

Interview

Two phone interview, one with manager and one with director. One on-site interview. The phone interview was pretty nice and friendly, the process was fast and quickly get into on site interview process. They have more needs for regulatory person because of the new MDR that need to be complied with.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abbott.

Interview

Submitted resume initially thru recruiter than the process was expedited when submitted via employee referral. Received a call to have a phone interview with hiring manager. Shortly after, got a call from recruiter to schedule for an in-person interview. Met with 2-3 people 1:1. Received acceptance offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Why did you want to leave your last job?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for a medical device company?   1 Answer

Internal Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Abbott (Columbus, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and through their website. After the initial screening, I sent in a Hirevue video and was contacted couple weeks after to go to an onsite interview. They flew me out to their offices and I had 2 interviews (one with a former intern and another with 2 of the sales managers).

ITPDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Notre Dame, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Abbott (Notre Dame, IN) in October 2017.

Interview

There was a very casual pre-interview dinner the night before with the interviewers and graduates of the intern program or members of the PDP program. The day of the interviews involves two back-to-back 30 minute interviews. During these, you are asked to tell a little about yourself and then the interviewer asks several situational questions. Being able to tie these situations to a professional, scholastic, or extra-curricular experience is essential.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were able to succeed while working with a difficult group.   Answer Question
    • How would you resolve a conflict in the workplace that you are apart of   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott.

Interview

Application is submitted online. First round of interview is an virtual interview. You will have chance to practice. The second round is two 30minutes back to back behavioral interview with VP level interviewer.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott (Bloomington, IN) in October 2017.

Interview

There were 2 30 minute interviews back to back. The process was simple. There were multiple candidates interviewing during the same time block, so once you finished your first interview, you move to the next interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you are interested in the pharmaceutical industry?   1 Answer