Abbott Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Abbott Interview Questions

Updated Nov 8, 2018

2.8

Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abbott in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process was fairly straight forward. Everyone I spoke with was nice and respectful. The HR department did a good job with scheduling and follow up. It seemed like everyone I spoke with was very engaged in their jobs.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abbott (Hollywood, FL).

Interview

I was contacted via email a month after i applied. Filled out a questionnaire, had 1 phone interview: half hr, describe experience. Had the face to face interview one week later, 2 people panel, half hour of behavioral questions and half hour of a written test (pseudo code,testing, database general questions)

Interview Questions

• I expected a test: find factorial number using iterations, tables to create sql statements, testing procedure questions.   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott.

Interview

Took 60 mintues. Three different groups of people - HR, hiring managers and potential coworkers. All behavioral/situational questions. Waited about 2 weeks for their decision. The key to get this job is to submit you applicationa as soon as they open up a position. Apparently they have huge number of applicants every time.

Interview Questions

• In each case you have to answer by relating to some specific situation from your past, a problem and a solution to that problem. When/how you were innovative, if you dont know something how do you proceed   1 Answer

Negotiation

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott (North Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Was connected for position through recruiter. The initial interview was on the phone then was contacted a few days later for an in person interview, then heard back 2 days later with offer.

Statistical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abbott (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

If you had experience with healthcare data analysis, you will stand out in first round. On site is very easy, meet with four managers, and all questions are behavior questions.

Statistician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abbott in January 2013.

Interview

phone interview followed by site interview when you need to answer questions from a panel. The final decision comes in after 1 week. Stressful in the beginning but the outcome is good.

Clinical Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Abbott (Saint Paul, MN) in August 2017.

Interview

I had several phone interviews going up the management chain before they scheduled an on-site interview day. The on-site interview included a 30-minute presentation about my doctoral dissertation with additional time for questions as well a series of face-to-face and phone interviews. The process was fairly quick and the interviewers were more interested in my skills than any specific domain knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Why do yo want to move from academia to the corporate world?   Answer Question
    • What makes you interested in Clinical Science?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your research and experimental design experience.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your peer-review publication experience.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott (Greensboro, NC) in September 2018.

Interview

Very friendly interviewer. Simple behavioral questions and many opportunities to show my enthusiasm about the industry. I felt comfortable talking about my skills and experience and my interviewer was very receptive.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make an unpopular decision while on a team.   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Interview

participated in the online career fair and then was offered a phone interview the next day. the interview lasted 30 minutes and was pretty casual. the interviewer was nice and chatty.

Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abbott Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Abbott (Abbott Park, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

Online interview via a webcam. Took me about 40 min. Seven questions, some video, some essay. Ask about your DMV record, your compensation requirements, if you'd be willing to travel, etc. Also ask you to give a difficult situation you've been in and how you overcame it. Asks about any certifications you have and about your experience in the field. Interview was awkward as you are just talking to a camera but at least you can do it whenever is convenient for you. You have 3 days to complete the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Still waiting for the next phase of the interview process