Abbott Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 30, 2017

2.8

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Was recommended by a past intern. Received an email about the opportunity for an interview. The initial screening was asking about my resume and my interests including which team I would like to apply for. Second phone interview delved more into my project experience. I was not asked quiz questions, but more of experience with Python and lab work.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abbott (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

First, there was a phone interview with the hiring manager. Once this was successfully pasted, there was an on-site interview with 5 people with whom the position would work with and for.

Interview Questions

• How would you learn about all of the products that this division sells?   Answer Question

Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abbott in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process was fairly straight forward. Everyone I spoke with was nice and respectful. The HR department did a good job with scheduling and follow up. It seemed like everyone I spoke with was very engaged in their jobs.

Internal Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abbott (Columbus, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online in September and received an email with a hirevue interview to take that included several standard questions. I was contacted by a recruiter several weeks after by phone stating I had made it to the next round. I gave them a date and time that worked, they booked my flight and hotel then they flew me out to Columbus one week later. I had an onsite interview and it went great although they had surely had their minds made up before our interview as I received an email one business day later saying I had not been chosen.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Abbott (Berkeley, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

2 30min interview - mostly behavioral questions. Interviewers want to judge if you are a good fit for Abbott and if you are at the same page as they are for your future inside the firm. They also really encourage you to explore offices in other parts of the world

Interview Questions

• What do you want to have accompished 5-10 years from now?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abbott in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online on July and was contacted in early September. The recruiter invited me for an interview with apparently no phone screen prior. The company also offered to pay for my travel arrangements (plane, hotel, and limo). I didn’t even know what a "manufacturing specialist" meant but free trip!

THE PANEL INTERVIEW (30 mins)
    I was instructed to arrive 15 mins early and talk to the receptionist. The only reception I received a locked door followed by one of the interviewers showing up 5 minutes late. As we walked towards the conference room I made small talk in an attempt to have an idea about what "specialist" means. I made introductions with the 3 other interviewers, all of whom looked my age (one of them was an asian lady so she could very well be 62). I realised that I was being interviewed by people with the same Job Title I was applying for. They were all college educated technicians. I guess If you're going to hire graduates to be your technicians then you have to rename the title to a less derogatory noun that has "special" in it. The same logic as to why we call the mentally disabled “special.”

They admitted that it was their first time interviewing and they handed me a packet of questions the company "allowed" them to ask. They proceeded to take their time as they looked at my resume for the first time. It was a long awkward silence followed by looking at each other to see who has a question. I asked them if they wanted me to walk them through my resume. I proceeded to do so. They then asked a few very generic questions.

THE ONE-ON-ONE INTERVIEW (30 mins)
    The manager worked with abbott for 20+ years and her tiny cubicle told me everything about what a 20 year career looks like in Abbott. After talking on the phone for a few minutes she proceeded to not bother to stand up to introduce herself. She also didn’t feel like moving so we conducted an interview in her cubicle providing audio entertainment for the plantation. I thanked her for taking care of my travel arrangements and she apparently didn’t know “this happened.” She then defensively claimed that there is no address in my resume which made me ponder on the meaning of life. I watched as she looked at my address on the resume and didn’t bother to correct herself. She then proceeded to ask me questions... about the panel interviewers (her “team”). Yeah, it’s my job to review their performance in interviewing (2/10 because they were friendly). 15 minutes into the interview she finally started asking generic questions. She then said that panel was making the hiring decision. That didn't surprise me because you don't get this level of dysfunction without making inexperienced hourly workers do your hiring. I got a rejection letter a day later.

Interview Questions

• How do you pronounce your name?
      What made you decide to pick the university you attended?
      Why are you interested in the position?
      DId someone give you a lab tour?
      Tell me about yourself?
      Any questions?   Answer Question

Senior Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott (Columbus, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied on 7/6. I was contacted by an Abbott recruiter via email on 7/25 to be brought in for an in-person interview, there was no initial phone interview in the beginning. The in-person interview was set up on 8/2, then I had a phone interview set up later that week with another person who was located in another state. Three people talked with me at the in-person interview; one alone and then a panel interview with the other two. The in-person interview was a little over 2 hours long and the phone interview went for about 45 minutes. The first guy I talked with was more like conversation, really laid back just talking about my past work experience. The next part of the interview was a panel with the other two folks, one being the hiring manager, and that's where they really got into the Behavioral/STAR questions. Overall it was a good experience, they were very professional and pleasant to talk with.

Interview Questions

• What was the last project you headed up, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott in June 2016.

Interview

They used a staffing company and they handled everything like sending over my resume and coordinating my interview before I ever spoke with anyone at Abbott. The people were really nice and friendly. The interview went quickly

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were faced with a difficult situation and what did you do   Answer Question

Technical Services Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abbott (Plano, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Interviews with recruiter initially by phone. After initial phone screen there was one formal phone interview scheduled with Team Lead and Department Manager. A second in person interview was scheduled the week after that.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of your professional/academic failures in the past and how would you have acted to prevent it?   Answer Question

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott (North Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Was connected for position through recruiter. The initial interview was on the phone then was contacted a few days later for an in person interview, then heard back 2 days later with offer.