AbelsonTaylor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AbelsonTaylor (Chicago, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

I met with multiple people over two different days. The management staff were friendly and upbeat. HR was generally organized and communicated clearly with me on what next steps would be. I found the whole experience to be positive and the company represents themselves well from an interview process standpoint.

Interview Questions

• Where would you like to see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AbelsonTaylor (Chicago, IL) in July 2010.

Interview

Was connecting to the HR woman through a friend. I submitted a cover letter and resume, and was brought in for an interview. I spoke with HR for about 30 minutes about the role, and then she sat me down with about 6 other CRAs, and we chatted. It was pretty casual.

One unpleasant aspect of the experience was that I did everything right, including a thank you email right after the interview, and I waited patiently to hear back for almost 2 weeks. I emailed another follow-up email, and was told the position had been filled long ago. I can only assume that, had I not reached out, I never would have been informed. While that's something okay for initial interviews, I think that's an inappropriate way to treat a final-round/in-office candidate.

Interview Questions

• What are your future plans with Abelson-Taylor?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AbelsonTaylor.

Interview

There are two separate interviews- one with the hiring manager (Helen Trbovic) and the second a group interview with the present Clinical Research Associates. The Clinical Research Associate group also review your resume, and Helen Trbovic gives the CRAs' opinion strong consideration. Although the group interview can seem intimidating at first, all CRAs went through the same process and everyone is generally pretty friendly.

Interview Questions

• Why become a Clinical Research Associate for an ad agency?   1 Answer

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AbelsonTaylor (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Had two interviews. The first was with CD and ACD in their office and was often interrupted. Challenge was to keep their attention on my skills/accomplishments. Second interview was with a panel, presenting my portfolio,during which they gave little reaction either positive or negative. Went away wondering how it went.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AbelsonTaylor.

Interview

Everything moves very quickly at AbelsonTaylor.

I was asked to come in for a few hours as soon as possible and meet with four Account Directors and Human Resources. Questions were typical ("Tell me about yourself," "What are you looking for," "Describe a time you faced a difficult challenge"). I found them to be nice, but I could see very little passion for their jobs. While there was a lot of time spent describing the benefits of the company, there was more time spent describing the frustrations of pharma advertising.

Maybe an hour after my interview, I had an offer. And they wanted an answer as soon as possible.

Maybe it's just me, but because the process is extremely fast-paced, I couldn't help feeling like I was just an extra set of hands. And I would've preferred to meet with someone closer to my level to get more day-to-day perspective.

Interview Questions

• What are three things that your colleagues might say about you?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AbelsonTaylor in November 2015.

Interview

Interviews were quick - met with PM leads, recruiter, and HR. PM leads discussed the role, while HR dove into benefits and struggles of pharma. Received an offer soon thereafter. They were unwilling to negotiate because everyone must be treated fairly/equally. While this approach seems decent up front, it indicated a "cog in the machine" mentality, that I was not looking for. Each candidate and employee is unique.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenge you've faced on the job, and how have you overcome it?   Answer Question

Senior CopyWriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AbelsonTaylor (Chicago, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

Met over lunch, reviewed portfolio. Talked about clients and the job requirements. Talked about advertising in general and what made me special. Then we talked about the Cubs. It was a bit awkward but we got through the interview and I guess he liked me and said he would call with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't get as much as I had asked for.

Senior Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AbelsonTaylor (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Emailed by Talent Acquisition and asked to have a brief phone conversation to discuss qualifications for the job. After a discussion at 3:00 pm of role and qualifications I was asked to come in the morning the next day at 9:00 am. The next day my schedule involved doing a school event for my kids ( has been planned with the school for a month) so I have my husband work from home last minute so I can go to the interview and the school responsibilities were met. I interviewed with two individuals, who I would report to and my supervisor's boss. Basic interview questions and they were very nice and respectful. However, Talent Acquisition informs me that I will hear something within a day since "they make decisions fast around there." I hear nothing for 4 days. Follow up with an email asking the status and get an email back within seconds saying they have decided to pursue other candidates. I am fine with not getting the job, however, I am not fine with completely changing around my schedule to accommodate their schedule and they don't have the respect or common courtesy to call me and inform me of my status. Not professional at all. Now, whatever career path I choose I will always have a bad impression of this company, and there could be a chance our paths cross again.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Tell me about your past work experience that could apply to this position.   Answer Question

PM Interview

Interview

Very fast. Interviewed on a Friday, received an offer on Monday.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there is no negotiating

Digital Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AbelsonTaylor (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I was represented to Abelson Taylor through a recruiter. I had a phone interview with the recruiter and I was directly called in for a face to face with the hiring manager and the Director. They got back the very next day and called me in for an HR interview. I heard back from them in 2 days.