AbelsonTaylor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AbelsonTaylor Interview Questions

2.6

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AbelsonTaylor.

Interview

Talk with Hiring manager, then she will bring you to the Account Director you will be under, and then you talk to the head of HR. Takes a few hours.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Senior Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AbelsonTaylor (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Emailed by Talent Acquisition and asked to have a brief phone conversation to discuss qualifications for the job. After a discussion at 3:00 pm of role and qualifications I was asked to come in the morning the next day at 9:00 am. The next day my schedule involved doing a school event for my kids ( has been planned with the school for a month) so I have my husband work from home last minute so I can go to the interview and the school responsibilities were met. I interviewed with two individuals, who I would report to and my supervisor's boss. Basic interview questions and they were very nice and respectful. However, Talent Acquisition informs me that I will hear something within a day since "they make decisions fast around there." I hear nothing for 4 days. Follow up with an email asking the status and get an email back within seconds saying they have decided to pursue other candidates. I am fine with not getting the job, however, I am not fine with completely changing around my schedule to accommodate their schedule and they don't have the respect or common courtesy to call me and inform me of my status. Not professional at all. Now, whatever career path I choose I will always have a bad impression of this company, and there could be a chance our paths cross again.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Tell me about your past work experience that could apply to this position.   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AbelsonTaylor.

Interview

I had an employee send my resume to HR. I then received a call from HR to come in for an interview. Afterwards I went into the office for two one-hour interviews. These interviews were very causal and conversational. Heard about a job offer several hours after interview. I accepted the offer and they expected me to start immediately.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AbelsonTaylor in November 2015.

Interview

Interviews were quick - met with PM leads, recruiter, and HR. PM leads discussed the role, while HR dove into benefits and struggles of pharma. Received an offer soon thereafter. They were unwilling to negotiate because everyone must be treated fairly/equally. While this approach seems decent up front, it indicated a "cog in the machine" mentality, that I was not looking for. Each candidate and employee is unique.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenge you've faced on the job, and how have you overcome it?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AbelsonTaylor.

Interview

Everything moves very quickly at AbelsonTaylor.

I was asked to come in for a few hours as soon as possible and meet with four Account Directors and Human Resources. Questions were typical ("Tell me about yourself," "What are you looking for," "Describe a time you faced a difficult challenge"). I found them to be nice, but I could see very little passion for their jobs. While there was a lot of time spent describing the benefits of the company, there was more time spent describing the frustrations of pharma advertising.

Maybe an hour after my interview, I had an offer. And they wanted an answer as soon as possible.

Maybe it's just me, but because the process is extremely fast-paced, I couldn't help feeling like I was just an extra set of hands. And I would've preferred to meet with someone closer to my level to get more day-to-day perspective.

Interview Questions

• What are three things that your colleagues might say about you?   Answer Question

Digital Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AbelsonTaylor (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I was represented to Abelson Taylor through a recruiter. I had a phone interview with the recruiter and I was directly called in for a face to face with the hiring manager and the Director. They got back the very next day and called me in for an HR interview. I heard back from them in 2 days.

Traffic Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AbelsonTaylor (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied for the position on LinkedIn. Within two hours of submitting my application, I received a call from the recruiter about setting up an interview. When I went in for the interview, I met with two people, the recruiter, and someone in HR. One of the first questions was 'Where else have you been interviewing'. We talked very little about my past experience, or why i even wanted the position. It felt more like they were trying to sell me on the agency and the job instead of getting to know me or learn about my skills and qualifications. They offered me the job before I even left the office, and wanted me to start the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• What are three words that your last team would have used to describe you?   Answer Question

I turned the position down because I had a few other leads at other agencies that I thought I would be a better fit for.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at AbelsonTaylor (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I interviewed in person very well, and they asked that I write an app that proved I could code in the language needed, so I wrote an app, they liked the source, and I got the job. I started immediately afterward and chose this company because the culture and vibe was better than the competing offer I had.

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AbelsonTaylor (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Had two interviews. The first was with CD and ACD in their office and was often interrupted. Challenge was to keep their attention on my skills/accomplishments. Second interview was with a panel, presenting my portfolio,during which they gave little reaction either positive or negative. Went away wondering how it went.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AbelsonTaylor.

Interview

There are two separate interviews- one with the hiring manager (Helen Trbovic) and the second a group interview with the present Clinical Research Associates. The Clinical Research Associate group also review your resume, and Helen Trbovic gives the CRAs' opinion strong consideration. Although the group interview can seem intimidating at first, all CRAs went through the same process and everyone is generally pretty friendly.

Interview Questions

• Why become a Clinical Research Associate for an ad agency?   1 Answer