Achievement First Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 4, 2017

3.4

Resident Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgeport, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Achievement First (Bridgeport, CT) in August 2017.

Interview

After going online and filling out an application, I quickly received an email to complete the second part of the application. Upon completion of that and listing three references, AF contacted me about a week later to come in for an interview. I had already interviewed in the past with them so new candidates would first have a 30 minute interview over the phone before the finalist interview. AF is very quick to get back and they always let you know whether or not they want to give you an offer!

Interview Questions

• What is one strength you have and one thing you would like to work on?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Achievement First (New Haven, CT) in July 2017.

Interview

This process was very quick and supportive. There was always someone there to help you answer any questions and guide you into the next steps. Studying really helped for this interview.

Interview Questions

• Which comes first, respect or relationship?   1 Answer
    • How did you respond to feedback that you did not agree with?   1 Answer

Middle School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Achievement First (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

A phone conversation that lasted 20 minutes, followed by an in-person demo and interview that lasted 2 hours. After the phone conversation, the principal and recruiter send an email to prepare for the next step. The recruiter preps you for the interview so you can feel at ease during the process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us
      Tell us about our experience in the classroom
      Tell us about a time you received feedback
      Tell us about a time your supervisor convinced you to do something
      How is your mission in line with ours?   Answer Question

Elementary Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Achievement First (Providence, RI) in July 2017.

Interview

Sent resume and had a phone conversation with a talent recruiter. Filled out an online application and set up a tour with the talent recruiter. After the tour I had a demo lesson with live coaching and then an interview

Interview Questions

• What are top 3 values a school has that is achieving high scores?   Answer Question

Assistant to the Principal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Achievement First (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

The process was okay. I applied for the position online and the next day I got an email that required me to do a small scheduling task and a one-way interview. Two days later I got an email inviting me for an in-person interview. The interview was about 45 mins. I was asked some basic questions and did some role play. One role play was speaking on the phone with an angry parent and the other was writing a memo to parents about an upcoming field trip. I still haven't heard back!

Interview Questions

• Why Achievement First? Why did you apply for this position specifically?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • What are you most excited for about this position? What are you nervous about?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Achievement First (New Haven, CT).

Interview

First I applied with my resume, references, and some some short essay questions. I received a response back with an invitation to set a time for a phone interview. The phone interview was approximately 30 minutes and my recruiter, while very professional, was very pleasant, which eased my nerves. We went into my background, my goals, and why I chose to apply to AF. I was told I would hear back within 72 hours. I was then invited to go to the school location and have a tour, give a demo class, and interview with the principal. I was emailed some specifics for my demo class. Also, the day before, I had another 30 minutes on the phone with my recruiter to answer any questions and receive some additional coaching on what was expected of me and what I could expect the following day. The tour, demo and interview were what I expected. I spent some time observing prior to the demo and interviewed with the principal at the end for about 30-45 minutes. Again, I was told I would hear back within 72 hrs, which I did!

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe one episode from my past where I was told I needed to improve and how I handled it.   Answer Question

First Grade Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Achievement First (Providence, RI).

Interview

Everyone was very helpful throughout the interview process. They were friendly, informative and happy to answer my questions. They made sure to offer enough time at the end of the interview to answer any questions that I had for them.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working at Achievement First?   Answer Question

School Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Achievement First (New Haven, CT) in June 2017.

Interview

The interviewing and hiring process was incredibly positive and engaging. The staff at achievement first are remarkable individuals. The overall positive energy that is present at the school is very contagiousness.

Interview Questions

• How would you help the teachers understand a child's needs while maintaining a child's confidentiality.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Achievement First (New Haven, CT) in June 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call from a recruiter name TiffanyAnn Johnson. We talked 3 times before I was brought in for a demo lesson and interview. I was told that I will be contacting within 72 hours with a decision. I was contacted by the school's principal and offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for Achievement First?   1 Answer

Teacher, Elementary School Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Achievement First (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

This was a phone interview, that I felt went well. The recruiter invited me to next steps, which was an in person interview with the principal and other staff members. She gave me a brief description of what to expect and asked if I would like pursue the school based on her description.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at AF?
      What were some professional feedback you received?
      How do you feel about following routine?   Answer Question