Achievement First Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 276 of over 276 interviews

Teachers

9m

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,830

952 Comments

Join the conversation on

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Achievement First (Brooklyn, NY) in Feb 2021

Interview

One video interview, where you were asked questions for the recruiter to get to know you, second phone call interview (not really an interview, more so the recruiter telling you that you made it to the finalist interview and what to expect, and get a feel as to which school you would fit in the best. Finalist interview is with the principal and recruiter, similar interview questions to the first interview questions, along with watching a video and answering some questions on the video! Most of the questions were to get to know me as a person to see if I was a good fit for AF!

Interview Questions
  • Think about a working relationship that you have had that has not been successful, tell me about the relationship and what the roadblocks were there. *vise versa*
    Answer Question

Achievement First

Application

I interviewed at Achievement First

Interview

Amazing! first was a phone call and then a zoom interview. More like a conversation, rather than interview. I really enjoyed speaking with them and learning more about AF. I do wish I knew what grade level the position was for. I did not speak with principal.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Achievement First (New York, NY) in Aug 2021

Interview

Wasn't told until the end of the interview that I was being considered for multiple positions. I was also given less than 24 hours to complete a performance task that I also was not told about.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Achievement First

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Achievement First in Jul 2021

Interview

The process was thorough and streamlined; staff was communicative and responsive at all points throughout and after the process. Overall, a very positive experience that was also a valuable opportunity to receive feedback.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Achievement First

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Achievement First in Jun 2021

Interview

The interview process was really positive. Everyone I interacted with was really kind, which drew me even more to the company. I went through 2 actual interviews, one a short phone call and the other an in depth video interview with a demo lesson element. After my initial interview, it took about 3 weeks of back and forth communication for the talent coordinator to find the right position for me for a final interview. I was slightly anxious during that time. It felt like too long to be waiting and waiting for a job that might not even get offered to me. However, my point of contact throughout the hiring process was incredibly communicative and supportive. They didn't hesitate to explain the situation and made me feel like my time was respected. I really cared about the company's values so I stuck with it. I'm really glad I did.

Interview Questions
  • How will you commit to anti-racist practices in your classroom?
  • What strengths do you have that will contribute to a positive and supportive team of teachers?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Achievement First (Hartford, CT) in May 2021

Interview

There were three people on the call, the recruiter, principle, and another special education teacher. They rotated who asked the questions. Then they practice using Taxonomy. It is a way of using firm instruction.

Interview Questions
  • Think of a time you had a successful relationship with your co-workers. What did you do to make it work?

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Achievement First (Providence, RI) in May 2021

Interview

The interview process went well and I felt very supported throughout it. AF goes out of their way to support you throughout the sample lesson plan and you feel a sense of community through that.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Application

Interview

I had a great interview experience with AF Providence Mayoral Middle! Their recruiter was very helpful in preparing me with necessary information before my interview, and the principal made the interview feel conversational.

Interview Questions
  • If you heard someone say "I don't see color," what would you say?

Achievement First

Application

I interviewed at Achievement First

Interview

There’s an initial phone call that is first part of the interview, and then you complete the second part of the application where you answer interview questions via video. It’s not live but you record yourself answering the questions within a certain time limit. Afterwards, once you get accepted by the program you get an offer from a school and you do one final interview (supposed to be around 90 minutes with demo lesson, role play, questions about your teaching philosophies/techniques) with the school’s administration.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Achievement First (Providence, RI) in Apr 2021

Interview

The interview process was quick and straightforward! There was a lot of important information given. I also leaned a lot about the company and I enjoyed it! Every question and concerns I had was answered in a friendly manner.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Achievement First (New York, NY) in Apr 2021

Interview

There is an initial phone interview, followed by a finalist interview preparation videoconference. Finally, there is the finalist interview itself, which includes a brief demo lesson. At all phases of the application process, the AF administrators involved were warm, serious, transparent and responsive. It felt like a collaborative process, which allowed me to show my best self throughout the high-stakes meetings.

Interview Questions
  • How are you promoting classroom equity?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 276 Interviews