ActionLink Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ActionLink Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2018

2.1

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ActionLink.

Interview

After submitting the application, the next step is a video Interview, followed by a telephone interview with recruiter who discusses your prior jobs on the resume and evaluated your suitability for the position.

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ActionLink in May 2017.

Interview

Completed virtual interview on their rushed timeframe and then heard nothing since, even after a respectful follow-up. This company is either incompetent, unprofessional, or both. Recognize that that by applying, you're more than likely wasting your time. Do not recommend.

Electronics Merchandising Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ActionLink (Clearwater, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Relatively easy. My interview consisted of doing that HireVue video recording thing. The beautiful part was that between questions I got an infinite amount of time to prepare my answer before hitting record button and going to the next question. I'm terrible with random open-ended questions. About 5 days later the district manager called for a "follow-up interview" but it was more like just telling me about the job lifestyle and if I had any questions for her. I was able to choose any drug testing facility near me. Once cleared I got more follow-up calls and shortly after started my training.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience working with planograms?   Answer Question
    • What is your experience working with technology? What devices have you used?   Answer Question
    • What is your work history like?   Answer Question
    • What do you think are the 3 most important values of being a merchandising specialist and why?   Answer Question

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ActionLink (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

pretty easy, it was all done over the phone and using hirevue, as well as emails back and forth and a couple of phone conversations as far as who you are and your intentions. the back and forth took about a week or so, and i'd say around 3 days later I was given an offer. The whole process from being contacted to actually starting on my first day was roughly 2 weeks in total.

Interview Questions

• why would you want to work for action link?   Answer Question
    • do you have any previous retail experience?   Answer Question
    • previous customer service or just retail interactions where you went above and beyond.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was pretty straightforward, I was told it was part time permanent from the beginning and I chose to accept it from the start. The pay is straightforward, and whats expected and the goals are pretty realistic for the most part.

Tech Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ActionLink (Broomfield, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

I had a position with ActionLink two years before (good experience). They contacted me again through a recruiter, process only took about a week. I did a video interview through HireVue, responding to questions written and I record the response. I spoke with a DM a day later with some more questions regarding the job. Emailed a thank you response, called twice and voicemail once. Never heard back about them filling the job or anything. I do not know what changed with the company, but that was pretty poor. Also considering I was more than qualified, as I had the same position I had with them before. The interview questions were generic, which is a shame.

Interview Questions

• They asked basic interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary you would expect going into a sales job.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ActionLink in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was by phone. The regional manager was basically telling me about the job and its requirements. He asked me things like, what type of things I do at my previous job, and did I know what plan o gram is.

Retail Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ActionLink (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

Had a call with a recruiter, had a video call with a Regional Manager and had to take a psychological online test. It was sometimes tough to schedule and they told me a lot about the job as well.

Interview Questions

• What types of technology products do I own?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ActionLink in February 2015.

Interview

Very casual and not structured. Interviewed by my would be manager and their manager. Had previous work experience with them in a different role so it was very casual. I already held a position at ActionLink so I bypassed the background check and drug test as I'd already taken them for my previous positions. Not a good interview process from a hiring perspective.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ActionLink.

Interview

The process was a pleasant experience. It was a brief phone interview to get to know me and they proceeded to schedule an online interview. When the day came, they were experiencing technical difficulties and just did another interview over the phone.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ActionLink in September 2014.

Interview

I got recruited through a manager whom I worked for a quite sometime. I had my interview with him over the phone and he asked for a behavioral based questions about retail management and business acumen. I was instantly passed over to the recruiter for a brief interview and than offered a position as a sales manager and went over salary expectation.I took the drugs and background check . A week later I got called for a meeting with other managers on the program . Then the project kicked off.