ActionLink Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
ActionLink President, CEO & Founder Bruce Finn
Bruce Finn

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great pay for part time work and fun company to work with (in 17 reviews)

• Was able to work from home for a couple of years when I moved from the home office location (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Really only a part-time gig unless you get promoted (in 11 reviews)

• The in store employees could literally do it themselves in 30 minutes or less (in 4 reviews)

1. "Not the worst, but not the best either"

Current Employee - Assisted Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Assisted Sales Representative

I have been working at ActionLink part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Easy work.
    Sometimes you get to keep products you're trying to sell.
    Relaxed/fun environment .

Cons

No room for advancement.
    Little feedback.
    Other third parties/vendors get paid more for the same job.

2. "Not Worth The Money"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at ActionLink part-time

Pros

Yes, you can make your own hours but those have limits to particular days.

Cons

The company goes through district managers quite often and is always rushing you to finish work just so they can meet their quota, they also don't have a good understanding of the amount of time it takes to do a particular job.

3. "Pretty horrible as a merchandiser, honestly"

I have been working at ActionLink part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I thought it would be a cool part time job with the flexibility of hours and the "work on your own time frame" spill they give you over the phone before hiring you. Although, it's a blatant lie and in my experience, I was hired in to fill in 3 other merch positions they were lacking. Which meant more traveling, so incorporate that with fuel, food, and any other acquired expenses along the way (vehicle breakdown, tickets, etc.)

Cons

The first day on my job I was supposed to meant another rep to "train me." He showed up 2 hours late (I really should have just left after the first hour, but I wanted to give this a try.) Then, when he finally showed up the work literally only consists of the easiest tasks. The in store employees could literally do it themselves in 30 minutes or less. Then, it all goes down hill after this. The God awful reporting and surveys you have to do after your task. You don't get paid for doing them. You have to complete them on your own time. And they are ATROCIOUS. I can never finish them because they asked questions I couldn't answer. And one question unlocks a chain of other questions and so on... Nope. I have college and a second STABLE job. This isn't for me. And the rep I worked with literally told me I was hired to be "heavily utilized" and he said to expect lots of traveling and other bs. No thanks. I'll pass on this!

Advice to Management

Have realistic expectations for your employees. Do not blatantly lie to their faces and promise them stuff you can't deliver.

4. "Fun, relaxed place to work!"

I have been working at ActionLink full-time

Pros

Fun corporate team with highly collaborative coworkers who care about the work that they do. Relaxed environment with work from home policy for some departments. Company has attracted some major, big name clients in the tech industry and is set up to grow even more in the future. ActionLink has an excellent district field management team in place.

Cons

Clients and processes can often change and evolve quickly in this environment, so if you're not adaptable or are resistant to change, this may not be the place for you.

Advice to Management

Management holds monthly town halls to provide company wide communication, so keep up the transparency and employee recognition.

5. "Severe systems issues"

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at ActionLink part-time

Pros

Contracts with recognized companies and retailers.

Cons

Computers and internet connection very buggy. The computers freeze and lose your work.

Advice to Management

Get apps that work better.

"Decent Part time job"

I worked at ActionLink part-time

Pros

Decent Pay, Lot's of sales opportunities throughout the country.

Cons

It was a great job for the most part

"Decent company to work for, happy for ~2 years"

Current Employee - Product Specialist in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Product Specialist in Denver, CO

I have been working at ActionLink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Easy work, good pay
    -Stable schedule and hours
    -Some great benefits (PTO accrual, 401k, etc)
    -Tons of autonomy to operate on your own

Cons

-Capped income for representatives (I'm worth a lot more than what I'm paid for) and difficult to receive raises

"Brand ambassadors"

I worked at ActionLink part-time

Pros

Flexible hours good for students

Cons

Can't move up the ladder

9. "Great!"

I have been working at ActionLink full-time

Pros

Very easy to work with stores and make sales happen.

Cons

Distance Job meaning all communications with supervisors and managers is done via email or phone call.

"Get it in writing (even if it is in writing)....."

Former Employee - Manager in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Manager in Akron, OH

Pros

Work from home. ..And in all honesty you won't have to deal with the Akron or Vegas office face to face. Being lied to over the phone is a little easier to being lied to in person.

Cons

Poor leadership above the RM level. Actionlink is very reactionary and does a poor job of prior planning to make any program really successful. If you have any type of "bonus" structure get all, and I mean all the details in writing. Having the bonus info in your offer letter means nothing. Be sure you have it spelled out that upon separation from the company your bonus is paid out immediately. Learned this the hard way. Thought I was protected because it was in the offer letter, but in the employee handbook it states that they can change their mind at any time on paying out a bonus. After my yearly bonus was not paid out I inquired about it and they started scrambling and making excuses on who was reviewing it. 4 months later my position was "eliminated" and they would not pay out my bonus. Actionlink runs with the ebb and flow of business needs, hires when they need more reps, DM's etc.... knowing full well they will have to fire these people in 6 mos, 1 year. This is their business model and they do not care to ride out the tough times with their leadership, they would rather hire and fired based on need. If you are in management at Actionlink you should be very concerned about your position with the company in December of EVERY YEAR. Also, when it is time to decide who get's let go and who doesn't, it really is a popularity contest. Your name will go up on a blackboard and then the thoughts of the internal team go along with your name. If they don't like you, you're gone. Most of the time your work habits / ethics do not come into play. There is a general lack of ethics involved with most of the leadership. I have read other posts about "they are out for themselves" and it is true. You will be thrown under the bus by most of them in order to save themselves. I am going to cut Bruce Finn some slack because I not sure he really knows what is going in within his company. If he does, shame on him. But I believe he is being told one thing by the upper "leadership" while another reality goes on behind his back and if something is revealed to be false, a program is in trouble, the finger pointing starts on who's fault it is. To summarize, if you want a paycheck and can deal with the risk of losing your job at any time, Actionlink is for you. If you want a career and stability please look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Learn how to appreciate your staff and learn to budget properly. Hiring in the second quarter only to fire at the end of the 4th quarter is no way to run a business. You may have gotten away with it for years, but eventually it will catch up to you. I am sure it doesn't matter as Bruce and team will likely retire soon and you will all be out of a job. I hope that doesn't happen because I am sure you have families that rely on the AL income. Too bad you don't take that into consideration when you purge your staff every year.