Ad Council Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.7

Assistant Brand Manager and Counication Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ad Council (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I uploaded my resume online, and a few weeks later I received an email rom Ad Council asking if I was still interested in the position and if i would come for a interview. I said yes, and we set up an interview for a week later. Interviewer asked me to email link of my work. I did, and I never heard back from them. I think they should have said thank you, at least, as other companies do. Just good manners.

Interview Questions

• Which kind of professional experience I had and how could i help Ad Council. She asked me to send links of my work. I thought it was strange that they asked me to fill a from with my work experience by the front desk, since they already had my resume. I thought it was old fashioned and not very organized.   1 Answer

Ad Council Staff Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Ad Council.

Interview

Interview process was clear and straightforward. The questions focused on background of the applicant and thoughts on and interest in advancing public service communications. Preparing relevant case studies from previous experience would be useful.

Assistant Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ad Council (Washington, DC) in July 2016.

Interview

I had a skype interview and then an in person interview where I met with 4 different members of the team. They were all very nice and the conversations flowed for the most part. Afterward, I was given a homework assignment and I had 24 hours to complete it from when I responded to the email. I had an overall positive experience with the hiring process, and was told I did not get the job because there was someone who was more qualified, which was fair.

Interview Questions

• Talk about one of our campaigns that you are passionate about and why?   Answer Question

Digital Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ad Council (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I was encouraged to apply by a colleague, who was able to refer me to the employee hiring for this position. I applied online and over the course of a month interviewed with everyone on the team (on an individual basis). It was tricky scheduling all of those interviews with everyone's full schedules, but everyone was accommodating. Each interview only lasted about 30 minutes; two were in person, 1 was by Google Hangout, and 2 were by phone. Each interviewer asked thoughtful questions and had spent time reviewing my application materials closely. They all seemed most interested in picking a good fit for their team and were open and transparent about what working at the Ad Council would be like. HR was helpful in setting up interviews, in communicating the offer and benefits, and during the negotiation and on-boarding process.

Interview Questions

• Could you tell us more about your past experience, and why you would like to work at the Ad Council?   Answer Question

Media Outreach Chicago, IL Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ad Council (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Wonderful man, David Lowe.

Negotiation

Very easy, simple and not too lengthy.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ad Council (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

It was a pleasure to meet with everyone at the Ad Council. They are committed to their mission and the office seemed like a great place to work. Though I never got an offer, one complaint about working there is that it did not pay as much as a similar position in another organization, but the office culture and opportunity to work with nonprofits, governments orgranizations, and ad agencies made up for this weakness.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel that this job is a step down from your last position?   1 Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ad Council (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

Only got a single phone call. Spoke to two different people. Both were very nice and asked me basic interview questions. At the end they let me know that they would contact me in a week.

Assistant Campaign Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ad Council.

Interview

Application process was very straightforward, though I did get an employee referral. Came in for an interview about a week after applying and met with 4 different team members. Everyone was very friendly and it was a pretty relaxed process. They are also very clear about what your exact role, working hours, etc. will be like.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult or unexpected--pretty standard interview questions to determine personality and interest in the company.   Answer Question

Business Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ad Council in April 2008.

Interview

Easy. Just be organized and have patience.

Interview Questions

• Working at the demands of advertising people who are always slammed with work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy. they worked with my concerns.