Adelphi University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Adelphi University

2.4

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adelphi University (Garden City, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Easy, very comfortable and informative.
    I was asked about my experience in graduate school, what I was looking to learn and how many hours could I commit to the the internship.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adelphi University (Garden City, NY).

Interview

I was hired immediately to cover for another professor who was ill during
    the semester. There was a brief interview over the telephone (the interviewer
    already had my curriculum vitae), and then I came to the office and was
    hired.

Interview Questions

• Was I available immediately?   1 Answer

Negotiation

An offer of $1000/course ($3000) was made to finish the semester,
    and it was accepted. I was told that it would be a three-week assign-
    ment, but, in reality, it was five weeks, including final exams.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Adelphi University (Garden City, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Everything was done online, they contacted you if they wanted to interview you. The only way to check the status of your application was to go online and see if the status read "successfully submitted, under review, rejected"

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Adelphi University.

Interview

I applied for the job online and received a call requesting an interview within a few days. The interview process was very brief, 5 to 10 minutes total. The interviewer telling me a lot about the school without really asking much about myself. The man was very friendly, but I walked away with a hesitant feeling towards the position.

Accounting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Adelphi University (Garden City, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

some questions to convince the interview that you are eager to learn and dedicated to your works. Simply introduced you background and what you can brought and help to the team. Be sure to mention you are well organized person and hard worker.

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Adelphi University (Garden City, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I was called for an interview shortly after submitting my application. I met with three senior members of the department for about 15 - 20 minutes each. I was offered the job a few days later.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle difficult situations that may arise during your work day?   Answer Question

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Adelphi University (Garden City, NY).

Interview

I had a group interview. The experience was nothing out of the ordinary, aside from the fact that I had only been interviewed by one person up till this point. The questions asked were not trying to stump you, they really just wanted to see how you responded to job related questions like "how would you advise a student that is uncertain of his career path?"

Interview Questions

• There wasn't any questions that threw me off guard, it was your basic textbook interview   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, your salary is on a scale based on previous experience

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Adelphi University.

Interview

Interviewed off-site for first interview with chief promotion officer and marketing associate. A test was provided for basic industry specific computer skills at the first interview; Called back for 2nd interview on-site with creative director and marketing associate.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't one. The salary was set due to the structure of the institution and the department 'class' position, non-union.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Adelphi University (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

A Phone interview which basically talked about my prior work experience and going over my cover letter, followed by an in person interview with multiple professors and a data project using a software

Student Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adelphi University (Garden City, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview was easy. Questions were cookie cutter. It was a one on one interview then I had a second interview with the Director of the department. Very Easy and It took and very short while. Only about an hour or two each interview

Interview Questions

• Describe for me a time in your life when you struggled and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question