Advantage Rent A Car Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Advantage Rent A Car Interview Questions

2.3

Customer Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Advantage Rent A Car (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewed onsite with city manager and had phone interview with regional vp later in week. Assuming if city manager interview went well the vp interview isn't of much importance. Overall the process was pretty laid-back not near wrecking or troublesome.

Interview Questions

• Explain your previous experience ?   1 Answer

Interview

Was emailed, then called. Interview was at a location near the airport.(John Wayne) The location was filthy and run down. The hiring manager was running late. There were two other candidates. When the hiring manager. When he got there we went into a dirty office. He was chewing gum. He looked sloppy. I have never had such a laughable interview. This guy was unprofessional and talked so fast and make weird fake faces. He literally had no clue on how to interview. If the condition of the office, the unprofessionalism of this particular employee is any indication of how this company runs their business...Ugh! I would never want work there. The interview lasted only a few minutes. What a joke.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Role play selling to me. Apparently role playing is not a teaching tool. Besides who role plays alone?   1 Answer

City Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advantage Rent A Car (Sacramento, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Was notified of the open position, called and spoke to Regional Director on the phone, then in person for an hour or so, and had the job offer before i left the lot. Drug/Background/DL checks took a while, started a few weeks later

Interview Questions

• how would your relationship be with competitors on lot since you worked for a couple in the past   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advantage Rent A Car.

Interview

It all depends on your City Manager. They sometimes allow other management to make hiring decisions however there was no set process in place at the site I worked at.

Interview Questions

• Name your biggest weakness... Too often people will say they don't have one and that is a bad sign. It flags overconfidence which is scary to your boss because they want you to ask for them for help. It's better to be honest.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't one from the interviewer because the HR rep calls and offers you the job. The salary wasn't negotiable to my knowledge.

Customer Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advantage Rent A Car (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Face to Face interview with City Manager, phone interview with regional sales manager. Drug test with back round check needed before starting. Walk the lot, view vehicles and speak with employees.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advantage Rent A Car (Denver, CO) in June 2012.

Interview

The process is pretty quick actually. They ask you some questions based on your sales experience and sometimes I know they will do roll play with you to see your technique in selling. They also will ask you some questions based on experience and see how well you answer like " if a customer were traveling to the mountains and it's snowing how would you sell to this person " in response you would want to say something in the lines of " offer them a 4 wheel drive vehicle of course because it will handle better up the mountains for them and offer their insurance because if any damage were to come back they would be responsible " these type of Senarios happen everyday at that place so they want to see how well you would handle that and see where your selling techniques come into play.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my sales history.   1 Answer

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advantage Rent A Car (Memphis, TN) in June 2010.

Interview

I applied online for position and had forgotten about the job, because I had never heard of this company and we didn't have one in Memphis. So the day my unemployment benefits endedI got a call from the HR person asking if I was still interested in the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell about previous sales experience. And explain what prior sales background did you have..   Answer Question
    • All questions center around how and when did you sell something and the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate any thing...I was sure with my background in sales and customer service would have paid me more. Only took job because I had no...income.