Akeena Solar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Akeena Solar

Candidate Interview Review

Installer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Akeena Solar (San Diego, CA) in September 2008.

Interview

I went there every day that i heard that the manager would be there to leave an impression that i really wanted the job, which i did. He had confidence in his current crew and because of the amount of time that I spent there trying to get the job, he interviewed me. I had basic knowledge of construction and he wanted to make sure that i could learn quickly and had the ability to do the physical labor. Laid back environment, with lackadaisical management. If he personally likes you, it wouldn't matter if you knew that much, but a little would help. He just looks for dedication and reliability.

Interview Questions

• None really, it was pretty easy, except if i could read a schematic of circuit of a solar panel system which i had no experience with, but it was easy to learn.   1 Answer

Negotiation

He basically negotiated the entire pay and hourly, but if you have experience it wouldn't hurt to bargain. But remember the highest paid get cut first normally unless you are exceptional at your job because all in all even though Akeena is a good solar company, they are pretty cheap when it comes to the employees supplies and pay, from a construction workers standpoint.