Al's Garden Center (Oregon) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Al's Garden Center (Oregon) Interview Questions

Interviews at Al's Garden Center (Oregon)

1.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Al's Garden Center (Oregon)

Seasonal Horticulture Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sherwood, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Al's Garden Center (Oregon) (Sherwood, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call within a few days of applying. I was asked a few quick questions over the phone, and then asked if I would like to schedule an in-person interview. The in-person interview was one-on-one, and lasted only a few minutes. It took place two days after the phone interview. No actual interview questions were asked at this time, just questions pertaining to the scheduling and time frame of seasonal work. The next step was an interview with the actual store manager, which was really quick and similar to the first in-person interview. This one took place a week after the previous one. I was offered the position at the end of the second in-person interview, and was told I would be contacted by HR in the next few weeks.

Interview Questions

Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Al's Garden Center (Oregon) in March 2012.

Interview

Timely phone calls, friendly atmosphere, knowledgeable staff, humans! I didn't feel as though I was coming through a revolving door as we sat down to talk. 2 people were present for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel approx 30 miles to get to work, work weekends, 30hrs a week all for $13/hr?   1 Answer
    • Can you produce entire planting plan using only our plants and do it in 1 or 2 hours depending on how much info the property owners gives?   1 Answer

I couldnt diminish all of my education into 1 hour time slots nor did I want to get paid so low for my experience.