Alabama Media Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alabama Media Group Interview Questions

Updated Dec 11, 2017

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alabama Media Group in October 2017.

Interview

Phone call and email to set up time for a phone interview. The call was about an hour. No follow up interview yet, but we'll see. Interviewer was very friendly. The call lasted a while.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging sales situation amd how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Desribe a positive sales situation, and why was it positive?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the lead sources you have used.   Answer Question

Account Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alabama Media Group (Birmingham, AL) in March 2017.

Interview

Around early March, I applied online through social media and my resume was forwarded to a manager. I believe a few days later, I was contacted by phone and scheduled an interview the second week of March. The interview went well because I learned more about the position expectations, the company and got to explain my background. I even enjoyed the hiring manager I interviewed with. Looking over my experience, the hiring manager basically asked why I applied for this position and I got the notion, I might've been over-qualified. I was told there were about ten candidates for interviewing and that I was the third. This was back in March and I never heard back, as of May. They also seem a little off with the application process and job position. I mentioned I was interested in another position (and applied to it) advertised online that was more in line with my background and was told they were still figuring out the specifics of that role. I was confused as to why the position was advertised, for that matter. So, there was no follow up and I was left with a less than positive view of this company.

Interview Questions

• The bare minimum was advertised about this position, so I was asked if I had any questions about it during the interview. Conversational and easy-going.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alabama Media Group (Montgomery, AL) in June 2015.

Interview

The first "interview" was a series of written questions and answers which seemed designed to test written communication skills and practical sales experience. Then there is a one hour phone interview with the recruiter. There is no small talk during this interview - it is very thorough and very specific. The questions are targeted to your resume, qualifications and written Q&A. Third interview is with the hiring manager, in my case the Sales Manager for the division I would be working in. Questions are mostly behavioral and experience related. I was an out-of-state candidate and the recruiter advised me that was an obstacle going into the interview with the hiring manager. I tried to overcome it but ultimately they chose to keep their search in-state so I was not moved on to the next step which would have been an interview with the division Director.

Interview Questions

• 1. What appealed to you about this opportunity and how has your background prepared you to be successful in it?
      2. What are your current sales goals, and how are you progressing towards meeting – or exceeding them? What steps do you take when you are not on track to meet or exceed your goals?
      3. Please briefly describe your experience in digital sales and advertising. Which industries have you sold in?
      4. Please briefly describe a previous sale you made that demonstrates a consultative approach (print and digital advertising if applicable). What selling approach was utilized to close the deal? What obstacles did you face?
      5. What forms of social media do you use on a regular basis for business? For what purpose? What are typical results?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alabama Media Group (Mobile, AL) in June 2015.

Interview

Fairly in depth interview covering all aspects of your past experience and covering examples of how you might handle situations that could arise during your future employment with AMG. They provide you with a case study before the panel interview that they go over in some detail during the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite cuss word? Tasteless and completely pointless question to ask. Just foreshadows the companies lack of professionalism.   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alabama Media Group (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

I began with a phone interview, then went in for two in-person interviews (very positive and supportive, the second was more of a personality test), and finished by meeting with the company's head of sales / CEO.

Interview Questions

• Are you where you want to be in your career today, if not why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Initial offer (after they asked what I was currently making salary-wise), followed by a counter-offer (from me), two more back and forth with contacts, followed by a final offer (from them), which was accepted and very fair.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Alabama Media Group (Birmingham, AL) in April 2014.

Interview

I was called on an interview for an open position and went in to meet with a Sales Manager. I was asked about why I wanted to leave my current employer (although she was fully aware of the situation from a recent hire she had) so I told her my honest professional opinion.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to leave my current employer...she baited me and then used my answer against me.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Alabama Media Group in April 2014.

Interview

They outsource the initial interview process. Was way too over done especially for this company.
    Made me think that since they were so "knit picky", that I was going to work at a highly professional company.

Interview Questions

• After I passed the initial interview that was outsourced, the rest was easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. The offer was fair.

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alabama Media Group (Huntsville, AL) in February 2014.

Interview

Lunch / interview then official office visit with tour. Offer came a few days later. Met with 2 different managers and then the sales director. Met several sales people. Was shown the process they use for the entire sales process. Spent time discussing my business styles and experience. Enjoyed the tour.

Interview Questions

• How many years of sales experience do I have?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Advertising Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alabama Media Group (Birmingham, AL) in October 2013.

Interview

You were brought in and met with the Advertising Manager and Director. They asked you questions about your previous sales experience. They asked if you had a sales format you followed and what it was and had you been trained previously.

Interview Questions

• What is a time you took a difficult customer and solved their problem?   Answer Question

Account Executive, Audience Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alabama Media Group (Birmingham, AL) in August 2013.

Interview

This is a very detailed interview process. It began with an initial phone interview. I was then asked in for a face to face interview. They called me back to do a role-play where I demonstrated my sales ability. Then, the upper management decided to get involved and I went back for a third interview.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any cartoon character, which one would you be?   1 Answer