Albemarle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Albemarle Interview Questions

Updated Feb 1, 2017

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Albemarle.

Interview

Met a recruiter at the career fair. They asked me to apply online. I did that and heard back in a week to schedule an interview. There was one person who interviewed me. He was very nice and supportive. Asked for a copy of my resume and asked me to walk him through my resume.

Interview Questions

• General personality questions: work in a team, etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Albemarle (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was fairly laid back and informal. It was strictly behavioral. The interviewer was young and really only asked one open ended behavioral question and then explained about the company and asked what I am interested in.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Albemarle in October 2016.

Interview

Six behavioral questions took up the majority of the time. Interviewer was a young engineer who had graduated from my university the previous year. After the behavioral/STAR questions, he went over a little bit about the different sites you could apply for, including the summer internship opportunity at the Tyrone location and co-ops at several others.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you stood alone for something you believed in?   Answer Question

Sales Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Albemarle (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

Online application to start with.
    Phone interview from 3rd party with basic questions to screen.
    1 on 1 interview with 4 managers and an HR rep.
    Make sure that you eat before the interview. You'll be bleary eyed and tired as it takes about 2-3 hours.
    It's worth making it through though.

Interview Questions

• Normal interview questions. The biggest thing they are looking for is your experience, abilities and how you will fit into the team.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Albemarle.

Interview

Talked to company at career fair, applied online and on university career site, had a short campus interview and received an offer a few weeks later. Pretty atypical interview, more conversational and not really behavioral focused.

Chemical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Albemarle (Houston, TX).

Interview

I got in contact with recruiters at an Albemarle information session at my university, and the career fair. I would follow up with the contacts I made. I applied through my University career site and was notified within a week that I received an interview. I interviewed on campus, it lasted about 45 minutes. The recruiter spent most of the time talking about the company and its future directions. No behavioral questions. It was all conversational and very free-flowing. The interviewer would think of questions on the spot by looking at your resume and asking you about each project or job you've done.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Albemarle (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through a career fair on campus and gave my resume. After applying online I had an interview offer which was a one on one interview. My interviewer was very nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• What are some factors to consider in a reaction chamber?   Answer Question

Chemical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Albemarle (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied through my University career site and was notified within two weeks that I received an interview. I interviewed on campus, it lasted about 45 minutes and consisted of mostly behavioral questions. It was a two-way interview, and the recruiter spent a good chunk of time talking about the company and its future directions.

Interview Questions

• What's your biggest Strength/weakness?   1 Answer
    • How would you improve the efficiency of a plant?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Albemarle (Gainesville, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

I got the interview from university career fair and talked with one engineer from the company. He first gave a brief introduction about the company and the jobs roles. Then he asked some questions, both technical and nontechnical. I'd say the questions were not difficult if you were familiar with what you have listed on your resume.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Albemarle in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online. The whole process took 2 months. I was interviewed by a young and a senior engineer separately. Each interview took about 15 minutes. The senior engineer session was purely conversational and the other is mostly behavior problems. The young engineer also asked you to attempt a technical problem to test your problem solving skills.

Interview Questions

• How can you separate a mixture of chemicals? List as many as possible.   Answer Question