Alexander Street Press Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Alexander Street Press

Conference Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alexander Street Press (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

First time preparing a product presentation before going to an interview. I had to do research from their website about their products and services. I was interview three times total (on the phone and met in the office twice in group panel setting). There was room for negotiation on my salary.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alexander Street Press.

Interview

I contacted one of the VP's and had a 10 minute chat in person (no questions, just getting to know each other). He gave me a sample problem to solve and a week's time. I did a little research and presented my findings and solutions over skype to a panel of interviewers. They were happy with my work and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary during the skype interview. However, the innovative part was that I was given a week's time to solve a real problem. Some candidates may not have that kind of time to devote to a company that has not yet hired them. However, I found this interview style brilliant and wish more companies would follow this style that mirrors real life work (as opposed to "on the spot" questions that you have to answer within the next 15 minutes under artificial pressure).   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, there was room for negotiation.

Receptionist/Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Alexander Street Press (Alexandria, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

They usually will start with a group interview that can be very intimidating initially as you're facing 3-5 people at once. But they will act very down-to-earth and fun as that's the attitude the company wants you to buy into.

Interview Questions

• Related to how long you plan to stay, if you plan to try and move up, hard things to gauge when you haven't started working there.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations for my position, they told me what they'd like to pay me, it wasn't less than my last job, I needed a job, I accepted.