AlixPartners Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AlixPartners Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2017

3.4

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AlixPartners.

Interview

It went well with HR person and she gave me a project which requires me to build a model. The model is about to predict training sample with knowing results of a testing sample with whatever software you are familiar with. Because the independent variables are more than the observations, and that's the biggest challenge.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one of the projects you had done before.   Answer Question

Vice President Turnaround Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AlixPartners in December 2016.

Interview

Met with an MD. She said I needed to apply online. I did. I was called by a screener in the NYC office. The screener was nice and generally asked questions about my background and the key attribute was formal experience in bankruptcy proceedings. AlixPartners also does extensive personality tests and candidates must do an excel 13 week cash flow forecast. The screener said if I made it past, I would be doing the tests

Interview Questions

• Have you done a 13 week cash flow statement for a bankruptcy proceeding?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at AlixPartners (Washington, DC).

Interview

Initially started the process through a job fair at my university. I began with a basic resume/job interest phone interview with HR followed by a behavioral phone interview with an Associate in the office the next week. I then travelled on site for two tests, another phone behavioral interview, and brief interviews with VPs and MDs in the office. The hiring decision occurred within the next two weeks. Throughout the process, everyone I spoke to was critical of my qualifications but also very friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Need to show familiarity with queries and database work.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at AlixPartners (Detroit, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

Apply through the campus website. Have a phone interview first. Asking about your background. Second round was on-site interview on specific day. All the finalists were there for group interview.

Experienced Hire Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AlixPartners (Southfield, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

Completed a phone interview with Recruiter then was invited into office for a 2 hour interview with multiple people in the department. That was weeks ago and they don't have the decency or professionalism to follow up with me. Obviously I didn't get the job but are they really too busy to follow up with me to let me know? I really think they brought me in for an interview only to get information on my current compoany (their biggest competitor). Tacky tacky tacky. Good thing their interview process and the people I interviewed with were a huge turn off and I wasn't interested in the job anyway. Do yourself a favor and don't bother wasting 2 hours of your life at an interview here.

Interview Questions

• Asked numerous questions on how my current company (their competitor) operates. I believe they were just using me for information.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AlixPartners (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview Process is quite extensive.

There is pretty much 5 steps :
    1- Phone Interview with HRs : expectation are stated (travel M-F, and not M-T), salary is discussed upfront to avoid wasting all this effort for both side
    2- 2 or 3 Phone Interviews with consultants in your field. Professional discussions but not too formal either. very friendly and sharp people.
    3- "Red Carpet" event : They invite you to one of their office for half day : 3 interviews back to back + a case study (role play). The level of the people met was really really good. The consultants in this company know what they are doing. The role play is difficult : You have a lot of data to reviews in a short amount of time and you have to present your summary/recommendations to 2 customers (played by 2 AlixPartners consultants). Of course, they challenge you quite a lot. I really thought I failed but apparently I did not. I guess what is important is to stay professional and not lose you focus.
    4- Personality + IQ kind of test. Not so difficult.
    5- Last discussion with a HR/Senior consultant (I believe this step is only there if you make it and you are about to receive an offer).

The whole process was long and pretty challenging. However, whoever I met (HRs or Consultants) were all very sharp (not always responsive though so be patient). They know what they are doing and if they feel like you are a good fit, they will make it happen.

There is no reason to stress out. If you are not the right candidate, you want to find out as much as they do. Once you are in, the pace is really fast and the project challenging. You DO want to through a good screening process.

Interview Questions

• Could you describe how would you present datas on a single slides for a Product cost reduction project ?   1 Answer

Vice President Enterprise Improvement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AlixPartners (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

They come on campus to do tell about the company, and I liked what they told, even though I was not interested in the company. Later I reached out to one of the speakers and he helped arrange an interview with one of the employees in my area. After finding that I had prior experience in consulting and was mainly interested in entrepreneurship, the representative seemingly lost interest in me, and we continued with my question, from which I got a sense that there is no very unique about the company from the point of view of a regular employee.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AlixPartners (Southfield, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume and was contacted by HR within a day to schedule a phone interview. After phone interview, I was asked to come in to complete an assessment and in person interview. Met with 3 people.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AlixPartners (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I spoke with someone in HR as a first round interview. The interview process is very long and can take up to 6-8 weeks. It involves doing a case study and a Skype call at the end.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AlixPartners (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Met several Managing Directors, took an IQ test and a few personality test. Time-frame was 3 months. The HR/recruiting staff were friendly and very informative. Overall pleasant experience

Interview Questions

• 3. ¬¬Describe a situation where you convinced a customer to take a particular strategy or course of action.   Answer Question