AlixPartners Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 11, 2017

3.4

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AlixPartners (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Difficult and very professional. Make sure you give clear and concise answers. They're looking for people who are on the more senior side of business. At least 7 years experience. If you're lucky enough to get an offer you do go to the next stage where you're required to take an IQ, personality, psychological tests. You will also be interviewed with at least 4 different directors. If you're not chosen they do offer helpful feedback on what caused you not to be picked. Recruiter extremely professional and everyone was friendly.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AlixPartners.

Interview

It's long and will take a minimum of 3-4 weeks, longer from what I understand if you are applying for an upper management or analyst/consulting role. For my level (admin / HR related) I thought that some of this long-winded process was rather unnecessary, a bit overkill, and maybe even bordering on inappropriate...i.e having me speak with a psychologist, taking a timed SAT-style exam of which had quite a bit of math (kind of made me feel like I was back in high school again.)

I understand wanting to see how someone operates under pressure, but the way that other companies measure this typically is by timing you on written communications tests; something which is more universal. As someone who has dyscalculia, this put me in an awkward situation of wondering if I should disclose that I have a learning disability specifically with math & numbers....it doesn't hold me back professionally, but in educational settings I always had to have assistance. Ultimately, I did not disclose this information, but AlixPartners should take note that *for non-technical roles* and entry-level candidates, they're walking a fine line with some of their interview process... and most importantly, are not necessarily going to narrow down the most qualified candidates based on some of this arbitrary testing & organizational psychology ideologies.

With that said though, everyone I spoke with on a personal level there maintained a high level of professionalism and were very kind, well spoken, and thoughtful during the one-on-one interviews.

Their interview process is probably better for people whom are out of work & can commit to the entire thing! For individuals already with full-time jobs, be prepared to use your PTO.

Administrative Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AlixPartners (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Initially it was a phone screening with the HR division in New York. It went pretty well and days later I got invited into the offices to do an onsite interview. It was a 5 hour long interview mind you, and I had to take a personal day from the current job I have which was not easy especially since I was asking for a personal day less than a week before. I went into the interview and first met with the office manager for an hour. After that meeting, I met with a team of other Administrative Professionals who I found to be a little odd. I was basically put into a room with them and had to ask them questions as opposed to the other way around. It was very strange to say the least. Then after that, I took 3 different tests, an IQ test, a cognitive behavior test and a personality test. In addition to that I had a phone call with an onsite psychologist. It was a very tedious process to say the least! I thought once I left the offices a little over the interview itself lasting five hours, I thought I had done a great job.

A little over a week later, I was told based on my interviews with the other eomployees that my skills were "too light," mind you, I have worked for some of the biggest companies over the world supporting C level executives and Presidents and Vice Presidents. If the team had felt that way during my interview, why make me go through all these tests? Very unprofessional company. I wouldn't recommend anyone interview there unless you are desperate and unemployed.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AlixPartners in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was long but the experience was very positive. AlixPartners wants to get to know the candidate on multiple levels. It is not only about your case performance, but they are very much interested in your past experiences as well as fit with the firm, which is very important.

The first step was a phone interview with recruitment manager. We went through my resume, talked about why AlixPartners, why consulting etc. Since I am already in consulting it was fairly easy interview. She also introduced AlixPartners to me and talked about what makes them different.

Then I was invited for testing. The day involves multiple tests, from problem solving, to personality and behavioral tests. You can't prepare for these. It tests your fit with the firm. Also involves interview with internal psychologist. Be ready to talk why AlixPartners and why you made certain decisions in your career.

Followed by "Red carpet event". 3 back to back interviews, be ready to talk about your resume in great detail. Case is a role play. You have 1 hour to go through a packet of information and to prepare your 15-20 min presentation then you role play and present to two consultants. There is lots of info and you have to be able to sort through what is relevant and be ready to make recommendations. Make sure you quantify what you can. Then lunch with another interviewer.

Followed by 2 phone interviews with MDs.

It's a long process but everyone was extremely nice and professional.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AlixPartners (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

First a call with HR, followed by an analytics challenge to test your predictive modeling skills. Then a technical phone interview to discuss your analytics challenge and your statistics/machine learning knowledge. Then came the personality interview. This consisted of 3 tests (one problem solving and 2 personality) and a call with the company psychologist. This is where I was rejected. Seems like they have a very specific type of person they are looking for. I would have appreciated them doing this interview first, before I did all the technical evaluations.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in the future at this company?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AlixPartners.

Interview

It went well with HR person and she gave me a project which requires me to build a model. The model is about to predict training sample with knowing results of a testing sample with whatever software you are familiar with. Because the independent variables are more than the observations, and that's the biggest challenge.

Vice President Turnaround Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AlixPartners in December 2016.

Interview

Met with an MD. She said I needed to apply online. I did. I was called by a screener in the NYC office. The screener was nice and generally asked questions about my background and the key attribute was formal experience in bankruptcy proceedings. AlixPartners also does extensive personality tests and candidates must do an excel 13 week cash flow forecast. The screener said if I made it past, I would be doing the tests

Interview Questions

• Have you done a 13 week cash flow statement for a bankruptcy proceeding?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at AlixPartners (Washington, DC).

Interview

Initially started the process through a job fair at my university. I began with a basic resume/job interest phone interview with HR followed by a behavioral phone interview with an Associate in the office the next week. I then travelled on site for two tests, another phone behavioral interview, and brief interviews with VPs and MDs in the office. The hiring decision occurred within the next two weeks. Throughout the process, everyone I spoke to was critical of my qualifications but also very friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Need to show familiarity with queries and database work.   1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at AlixPartners (Detroit, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

Apply through the campus website. Have a phone interview first. Asking about your background. Second round was on-site interview on specific day. All the finalists were there for group interview.

Experienced Hire Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AlixPartners (Southfield, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

Completed a phone interview with Recruiter then was invited into office for a 2 hour interview with multiple people in the department. That was weeks ago and they don't have the decency or professionalism to follow up with me. Obviously I didn't get the job but are they really too busy to follow up with me to let me know? I really think they brought me in for an interview only to get information on my current compoany (their biggest competitor). Tacky tacky tacky. Good thing their interview process and the people I interviewed with were a huge turn off and I wasn't interested in the job anyway. Do yourself a favor and don't bother wasting 2 hours of your life at an interview here.

Interview Questions

• Asked numerous questions on how my current company (their competitor) operates. I believe they were just using me for information.   Answer Question