All Nippon Airways Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at All Nippon Airways

Business Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at All Nippon Airways (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied for ANA at the Boston Career Forum.
    The 1st step is to apply through the CFN by sending your resume (in Japanese) and take a personality test (multiple choice but you have to be quick to answer).
    I then had an interview at BCF, 2 interviews (one to one, 20mins each).
    People who pass the interview would go to a 2nd round in Tokyo.

Interview Questions

• Why am I interested in the industry.
      Why ANA.
      Why do I want to work in Japan.
      How I see myself living in Japan.
      Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at All Nippon Airways (New York, NY).

Interview

Two interviews - fairly standard hiring process. Why this position? What is one of your strengths? Why this company? The questions were all fair, nothing unexpected or out of the ordinary. I got an immediate callback for a second interview the same day.

The second day of the interview was basically exactly the same as the first, same questions, just with a higher level of management.

There was also a very basic Microsoft Word test. Unfortunately the secretary did not explain the test all that well, but the employer luckily could tell that I still knew how to use the software.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what my favorite Japanese food was.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Was presented with a contract, take it or leave it. Really can't negotiate at a Japanese company, not for an entry level position.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at All Nippon Airways (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Interviewed in person with 3 of the management team. The senior manager seemed hungover. I was sure that I didn't get the job, but in the end I got this job. The company has a stellar reputation, but I hated working for them. A great position for Japanese living in the USA or people who geek out over airplane stuff.

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at All Nippon Airways (Torrance, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

You meet briefly with the upper management of the Accounting Department who are very nice and welcoming. Afterwards you get an hour to take a brief accounting test. Four questions that aren't very difficult, even if you're not an Accounting whiz.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Machinery Specialisht Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at All Nippon Airways (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

I got the interview for a bilingual Japanese English machinery specialist position at the office in Torrance, LA Metro Area, CA. I had a two part face to face interview with the people who would be my direct superiors, which I appreciated. I also had a skills test translating materials from Japanese to English that was of average difficulty I would say--and also pretty indicative of matierials one would encounter in a corporate environment.

Interview Questions

• How would you feel working in a culturally and majority ethnic Japanese office?   Answer Question