Allegis Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Allegis Group

2.8

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allegis Group (Baltimore, MD) in May 2011.

Interview

I initially received an email requesting a phone interview with one person, who I spoke to on the phone for ~30 minutes. We discussed my school background, what positions I was interested in, travel requirements, as well as when we could schedule my in-person interview. Afterwards, I was sent an in-person interview confirmation email. During this interview, I was seated in a conference room with the two women interviewing me, and we discussed everything on my resume and everything that the job would entail. In order to reach the conference room, I was walked through the main work space, where people were in shorter cubicles (than I expected). I asked about community interaction, and I was informed that you won't necessarily be working with people in that office; you may be in a team of people that works across the country.

All in all, the experience was positive, but I didn't receive any further contact from my phone interviewer or the women I met for the interview, so I marked it as "neutral."

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply for this position? / What interests you about recruiting?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Allegis Group.

Interview

-phone interview with internal recruiter
    -face to face with office director and senior sales individual
    -half day interview with recruiters and panel interview with 2-3 sales reps
    -Process at office will last for several hours

Interview Questions

• -Personal history
      -Accomplishments
      -Coach-ability
      -Success and failures
      -Resume review
      -Mindset   Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allegis Group (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process involved phone screening for a consulting position with their client. The discussion very quickly focused on compensation and very little was about the role was represented. When we agreed to a compensation "range" for an offer, the communication became less frequent - and in the end, they did not respond despite having committed to get back o me with followup. I reached out to get final disposition and received no response.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question as to when I can start without having confirmed job specifics.   Answer Question

Area Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allegis Group.

Interview

Very informal interview. Met with and talked about past experience. Nothing unusual.

Interview Questions

• How will you be able to produce with such a large territory?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was presented a salary for this position. Take it or leave it.

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allegis Group (Hanover, MD) in July 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from one of Allegis's sister companies and screened on the phone about job skills, salary requirements and given info about the potential growth of the position. Took about 3 phone calls total for them to set up an interview. The interview itself lasted only about 45 min. I was interviewed by the manager of the department I was to work. We talked about the position, what the first project I would work on would be and when I could start. The recruiter told me to bring my portfolio along, however the manager never asked to see it. I offered him to take a look at it and he glanced at it for less than 5 min.

Interview Questions

• Name situation at your current position which you failed?   Answer Question

I liked the department I would have worked for, however I disliked the recruiter and how disorganized they were. I was only given 24 hours to accept or decline the position, which is not nearly enough time to decide. In the end, the pressure sales tactics and the fact that accepting the position would have given me an hour commute each way sealed my decision.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allegis Group (Troy, MI).

Interview

Several phone screens and then an in person interview. Was told multiple times in the phone screening process that work from home was possible. At the final stage of phone screening we confirmed that yes the managers were on board with work from home. Met with 2 managers for a face to face interview and they acted shocked at the work from home option, as if it was never discussed. Continued the interview anyway to see what they had to say. Got a call the next day from the recruiter asking if I would be interested in speaking with their client about a recruiting position. I mentioned the work from home misunderstanding and the recruiter acted shocked that this happened. He told me he would go speak to his managers and get right back with me. It's been about 4 weeks and I'm still waiting for that phone call back! Totally unprofessional and a complete waste of my time! Both managers were dressed very sloppy for an interview, unbuttoned wrinkled shirts, no ties. Overall very bad impression!

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allegis Group (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

A Recruiter contacts you to discuss your work history and skills to make sure you are a good fit for the position. Then a phone interview was set up with the hiring team before an in person interview was scheduled. The recruiter keeps in touch throughout the whole process and is an advocate on your behalf if an offer is extended. They will help negotiate your starting salary and advise you on paperwork. The background and drug testing may be a two-fold process if the host company requires more background information than Allegis does. This process was rocky and lead to an extra two week wait.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allegis Group (Hanover, MD) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview process was quick and thorough. It lasted about 2 hours and each half hour was with a different panel of 3 people. The odd thing was that I was asked about my background, experience and asked about situational questions, but was not offered the job due to "inexperience" in an area that I was not asked about. Also, they have continued to post this job with the same description. There must have been something else they were looking for that wasn't covered in the description or interview.

Interview Questions

• After the typical background questions, most were situational and covered by my experience.   Answer Question

Data Entry Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Allegis Group.

Interview

I was contacted via e-mail telling me to contact an interviewing manager via Google Hangouts. I did so and was interviewed, briefed and hired on the spot and told to meet with a training supervisor the next day.
    However, said supervisor along with the manager were most likely scammers as they refused to answer any questions about my job or the company and spent an awful lot of time asking about the check I was supposed to be getting for equipment, which they wanted me to print out on check paper and deposit.
    While I'm certain that the company is legitimate, the scammers themselves are not. If you are contacted through e-mail and are told to contact someone via Google Hangouts, be careful.

Interview Questions

• Are you seeking a part time or full time job and  are you currently employed ?   Answer Question
    • Do you have a printer, scanner and fax machine  ?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe yourself during work ?   Answer Question
    • Do you have an idea of how to use ms excel and  what is your typing speed?   Answer Question
    • At this company, we like to think of ourselves as a team that works together towards the same goals. How do you feel about working in a team environment?   Answer Question
    • What computer skills do you have and what programs are you comfortable using?   Answer Question
    • Do you prefer to work independently or on a team?   Answer Question
    • What was it like working for your supervisor?   Answer Question
    • How would you feel supervising two or three other employees?   Answer Question
    • What do you understand by privacy & code of conduct?   Answer Question

Customer Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Allegis Group (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

They had me do the interview on my phone at google messenger worst I didn't know it was a trap I was so excited too about it so when I got to the bank they tell me the check is fake and they have to cancel my account I got upset I texted the guy that told me to withdraw it then he tried playing it out by saying I had the money in the account I was upset

Interview Questions

• If I wanted full time how I wanted to get payed   1 Answer