Allen & Overy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Allen & Overy

3.4

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allen & Overy (London, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

one round interview on case study - you just cant prepare and the texts are quite long. I cant digest all the information within this short space of time.

Interview Questions

• questions on case study. your opinion of the transaction. what issues need to be addressed   1 Answer

Trainee Lawyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allen & Overy.

Interview

A lot of scenario-based questions and the interview is awfully long. For example, tell me about a time when you hold a minority viewpoint in a group. A very thorough interview. The case study was relatively easier for me. The interviewer was very personable and guided through the case. Learned a lot from the case interview.

First Year Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Allen & Overy (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

I spoke with two partners. Conversation was easy and friendly as I had gone to the same alma mater as one of the interviewers, and I had previously summered at the same office as the other.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you would be able to contribute to our team?   Answer Question

Client Services Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allen & Overy (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by 4 Business Services representatives. Took more than 2 hours. Reps did most of the talking. They were worried about if you were going to call out more so than if the personality fit and if I had the skills needed to perform the required duties. They reiterated that you needed to be available at any point to come in which could range from 7:30 AM - 8 PM which made it a tough fit, I feel, for anyone's schedule. Overall it took a long time to get through everyone and they repeated the same questions over and over again in different ways which made me feel that they didn't talk to one another beforehand or they should've had the interview as a group. They are also very concerned with appearance and require full make-up and to "look the part."

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allen & Overy (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Before the interview, there was a short proof reading test.

The questions were based on competencies and I was asked to go into more detail about my CV.

The overall process lasted 3 weeks.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Allen & Overy (Sydney (Australia)) in January 2017.

Interview

There was an application, which involved submitting a CV and a cover letter, and other various personal details. I was then contacted by phone and invited to come into an interview, which took about an hour.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allen & Overy (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Delayed process. You have to chase up HR and the recruiting team regarding the progress of the application. The management are rude and do not consider the individual as an individual, but just a meat number.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Allen & Overy (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2012.

Interview

Pre-interview with HR - standard questions. Interview with partner and SA via video conference. Post-interview coffee with other SAs.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Took a long time to get a formal offer.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Allen & Overy (London, England (UK)) in December 2018.

Interview

The process was very straight forward. The recruiter put my CV forward, I had two rounds of onterviews at the London Office, each with 2 partners from the Real Estate team and it was very relaxed and informal. Most of the interview was asking me about the experience I had had on my CV and then asked how I would advise a client in particular situations and finally a series of questions designed to test my legal knowledge. It felt like an Oxbridge interview in that it seemed the questions were designed to go beyond what they expected me to know to see how I responded and applied knowledge to unknown situations.

Interview Questions

• If you were acting for a company buying a portfolio of pubs, what would be the key things you would be looking for when carrying out your due diligence?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allen & Overy (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

Two rounds of interviews [via video conference as I was in Australia]. The first was to build an understanding of my general experience and what I was looking for. The second interview was technical questions related to the practice group.

Interview Questions

• General behavioural questions - what could I contribute to the team beyond technical skills, what was my knowledge of the market in the UK, explain a key legal issue in negotiating contracts specific to my practice area and then describe how this issue was drafted in the resulting contract.   Answer Question