Alliant Techsystems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alliant Techsystems Interview Questions

2.5

Strucral Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alliant Techsystems (Hampton, VA).

Interview

Show up on time and present myself well. I am very experienced and great with interating with others as well as completely competent. I would actual say above sverage, actualy not to brag but extremely competent and a great asset

Director of Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Alliant Techsystems (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

One day visit to talk with the Vice President and then joined a group meeting. I had met senior people in my previous position and they asked me to come to for a visit to their headquarters. The visit was not structured and was treated as a formality. However, the team could never get final approval to make an offer. This went on for several months as they tried to get the position approved.

Interview Questions

• How do I know that you are going to work hard.   1 Answer

Scientist IV (Propellant Aging) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bacchus, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alliant Techsystems (Bacchus, UT) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied to ATK because I previously interned at the Rocket Center location for 2 summers during my undergrad. I received an email rather quickly from the department manager. Since I'm in my final year of receiving my PhD in Polymer Chemistry, I informed him that I would not be able to start until December (I applied in February). He said that the start date wasn't a particular problem (I'm assuming this is due to the role of the position), and that they were "excited looking through [my] resume". After a few unsuccessful attempts at a phone interview, we finally talked (about 2.5 weeks later). The phone interview lasted about 1 hour, as I was somewhat familiar with the company. We talked about the conference I recently attended, the specifics of the job. It was an initial screening. I didn't hear anything back (he was on a business trip for a week and a half). I had to keep checking in with him via email. The whole experience, though a bit frustrating because of the timeline, felt promising toward employment. About a month after the process started, I was informed that someone internally applied for the position (with 15 years experience) and that they were no longer considering me. It was kind of a let down.

Interview Questions

• General screening questions. Asked about my research, topics in my research group. General science discussion. Most of the time we talked about the company. I asked questions about location, living, the area, the others I'd be working with and their backgrounds. We knew some of the same people from the time that I'd interned at a different location.   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer I Interview

Interview

Applied via ATK careerlink, received phone screening questions, these were essentially basic questions asking specific details about the position I had applied for, and how my experience correlated. I then undertook two phone interviews. Interviews were very basic, essentially explain each milestone on my resume, in great detail. Was then informed they were going with a candidate with more experience in the direct field. Process took 2 months.

Interview Questions

• General questions related to position, none unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Pfogram Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alliant Techsystems (Mesa, AZ) in November 2014.

Interview

It was a board type meeting with various members from leadership, HR, etc. Met as a group, spoke freely, asked various questions about work history, etc. The ATK team was dressed very casually, odd for an interview process.

Interview Questions

• various about work history   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beltsville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Alliant Techsystems (Beltsville, MD).

Interview

I submitted an application on line and was contacted by the recruiter in about 2 months for a phone interview with the hiring manager. This went well and an in-person interview was scheduled about a month later. From submission to offer was about 4 months.

Interview Questions

• I had 4 individual interviews and the questions were general in nature for this level of position   Answer Question

Analysis Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearfield, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alliant Techsystems (Clearfield, UT) in October 2014.

Interview

After submitting your resume online, if they're interested, they'll call you for a possible phone interview, or move directly to one on-site structured behavioral interview. The interviewer will often offer a tour of the facilities after the interview. The questions are highly standardized that often starts with: "Tell me about a time when you X". X being "dealt with a insurmountable challenge", "deal with management", etc. The interviewers like stories. You'll need to take a drug test (they have a zero tolerance for drugs), in addition to filling out an online form where they'll ask an outside firm to check your education, criminal record, and previous employer(s) (basically background check). After you're hired, they may conduct additional background checks if you need access to the classified programs.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question is what are your weaknesses. The interviewer will often dig deeper and expect a candid response. What they're looking for are: are you cocky or arrogant? do you have a hard time following orders? do you play well with others? how do you deal with conflict? do you get bored easily? A lot of employees have either left, been fired, or been laid off in the past -- now that the company is rebuilding after 2008, they want to avoid future problems.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They'll give you a phone call and e-mail you a salary/wage and a packet describing the benefits. The benefits is: take it or leave it (you can't decline to benefits in order to get more salary). Since this is a large company, pay is highly standardized, basically a cut-and-paste from websites like salary.com. HR are the ones who put together the offer, if you want to negotiate, they're nice people and will work with you. You have about three business days to call them back after they make the initial offer.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alliant Techsystems (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2014.

Interview

On campus, standard behavioral questions, prepare to ask intelligent questions yourself. Really great intelligent people interviewed me, I did not feel nervous because they make it very comfortable. Prepare to understand the nature of their business, have a clean look.

Project Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Alliant Techsystems.

Interview

Spoke with the recruiters at a campus career fair. They called me that night to schedule an interview the next day. After about 2 months I got a couple calls from different groups within the company, just trying to see where would be the best fit for me in the company. Got an official offer a week or two later.

Interview Questions

• Very typical behavioral questions. Nothing difficult or out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alliant Techsystems (Plymouth, MN) in April 2014.

Interview

They contacted me as I applied with them prior and they told me to apply for the position. I wasn't looking but they thought with my experience I would be a good fit. First interview was the basics and background. Second was with 3 managers and they did a round robin questioning table. At the end of the day they hired internal but very interested in the company.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to do something you knew was wrong and did it anyway because it was best for the company.   1 Answer