Allied Wire & Cable Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Allied Wire & Cable

2.0

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Collegeville, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allied Wire & Cable (Collegeville, PA).

Interview

Have to take a standard test before the interview process starts. The interview was approximately 30 minutes long based heavily on my previous sales experience and my overall personal attributes. Very friendly and relaxed atmosphere and management made me feel comfortable from the start

Interview Questions

• What do I love about sales?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Allied Wire & Cable (Tampa, FL) in February 2018.

Interview

I was scheduled for a phone interview with them at a specific day and time with the Tampa sales manager through a temp service/recruiter, after applying online, meeting up with the temp service, and taking their hilariously simple sales skills "assessment." When that scheduled time arrived, no one called. I had to wait until three hours later where the call was returned by a guy who wasn't even in sales. I took time off from work for this?

He seemed like he rarely did interviews. He had no clue how to conduct an interview for a professional sales position, and he clearly just cut and pasted interview questions he found on Google ten minutes before he called me.

Having received offers at two Fortune 500 companies since, and having been in sales training/recruiting myself, I know I do a very good job with interviews. These guys never got back to me, the staffing service, they just disappeared.

They stated that specific experience wasn't required, but once I told the guy interviewing me I didn't have experience specific to that field (but I do have extensive construction and retail electronics sales), he seemed to mentally check out the interview.

Based on what I'm reading in the reviews about this company, I'm really happy I didn't get this job...so in a way, thanks Integrity Staffing and Allied Wire and Cable! They are now seeking only experienced wire and cable salespeople now because as other reviews have stated, they're too lazy to train. Hell, they're too lazy to even have a sales manager/recruiter interview for their open sales position!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer
    • Do you have experience in wire and cable sales?   1 Answer
    • Is a $40,000 base salary acceptable for you, even though you may not build up commissions for four-six months?   1 Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Collegeville, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allied Wire & Cable (Collegeville, PA).

Interview

Was brought in by an outside recruiter who did 2 phone screens. After that I went in for an inperson interview and met with Chris and Gene. Both seemed very knowledgeable and asked some tough questions. I showed them my portfolio and they both spent a good bit of time reviewing it and asking about the thought process involved.

Picker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Allied Wire & Cable.

Interview

informal

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Allied Wire & Cable in August 2014.

Interview

fairly straightforward, sent resume, in person interview with two people, then skype with VP of Sales, skills test, then second test (personality Review) discussed compensation plan, and what would be expectrd of me for the job.

Interview Questions

compensation was far below market average, and frankly I was insulted that they thought I would work for them for that amount

Spooler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allied Wire & Cable (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

Was made to wait because they were "running late" for 40 min in the loby .when I finally got into the interview it was two managers in a very small office almost like a renovated closet I'm not joking. It lasted 10mim then I was showed out. I got the job but making me wait that long for 10 min is not right let alone I already sent them a resume and cover letter.why make my fill out a application like at target when I get there.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions they probably got off of google.   1 Answer

Copywriter - Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collegeville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allied Wire & Cable (Collegeville, PA) in July 2014.

Interview

After submitting a cover letter and resume, they scheduled an in-person interview. They only asked three questions and spent most of the time describing the job and responsibilities. At the end of the interview, they said they'd get back to me with the results in about 2 weeks and I never heard back from them. I thought the interview went well, so I was surprised. I think they could have did a phone interview instead of an in-person interview...would have wasted less time.

Interview Questions

• The only question that was unusual was this question: How well do you know HTML? The job post didn't emphasis that it was a requirement, only an additional bonus. At the interview, it seemed like they cared about this more than originally expressed on the job post.   1 Answer