Alnylam Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

2.9

Acccounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alnylam (Cambridge, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with HR and then on site interview with hiring manager. The interview went well and people are easy to talk to but the job wasn't I expected.

Executive Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alnylam (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

I met and exchanged views with a good spread of senior management that only wanted to listen to someone who cherished them and wholeheartedly agreed to their views. I personally found it to be an extremely inept, arrogant, and seemingly incompetent leadership that was clueless to, both development of a prudent R&D strategy or understanding of the basic market dynamics. Most of them had virtually no seasoned or big pharma experience and their high rise appointments clearly seemed to be an outcome of culture of nepotism and favoritism. But funny and interestingly they play it out to be very selective when it comes to hiring and vetting candidates to see if a good fit.
    If you are based in Boston, you should (or would) know soon to NOT to interview there, as the word is out there about the toxic environment, shady management, arrogant attitude and taking candidates for a ride when it comes to hiring. I knew about it from several folks who interviewed there but still decided to go ahead and meet the team. In all of my interview interactions, in the guise of the catchy terms they use to describe their company like “scientific excellence” “entrepreneurial” “out of the box thinking” “patient centric” blab bla, you would see a scared but arrogant management in search of utmost subordinates and yes men who could toe their line and just follow their prescribed path. If the past/present is any predictor of the future, you don’t need God to know where you would end with this company/leadership. Stay far far away…..

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alnylam (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Phone interview that went well and was left feeling positive. Promise to contact with further details in a week but was not contacted again, even following two polite follow-up inquiries.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Alnylam (Cambridge, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

2 phone calls, 1 in person with 5 one-on-ones. mostly probed experience and knowledge of the company. will ask you in depth questions about how specific protocols were carried out at previous labs

Interview Questions

• wanted to see if i understood the company platform and RNAi technology   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alnylam (Cambridge, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online on their website and was contacted to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was brief 20 mins top talking about background and job description. Then was scheduled to go into a in-person interview. I met with 6 workers in 30 minute intervals. It was a long interview day but was better than having to go in multiple times.

Interview Questions

• How has your background prepared you for this position?   Answer Question

Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Alnylam (Cambridge, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

Hiring took ~3 months but it was worth it. Interview was intense but I had no issues giving honest answers and receiving honest feedback. I clicked with my now boss but I didn't think I would get the position because of a lack of experience. They saw my potential and hired me as a contractor. Full time within 6 months.

Interview Questions

• Why are you here? (I had little experience in this field)   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Alnylam (Cambridge, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR was 45min, seemed to go great. Came in for a 5+ hour final round interview with the members of the team and that seemed to go great. Was told I was a great fit for the job. I was shuffled between 3 different recruiters during the 2-month interview process. It's been 7 weeks since I interviewed and I still haven't heard back about the position. HR keeps telling me they will get back to me, but still haven't heard anything. Very frustrating.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alnylam (Cambridge, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR was 45min, seemed to go great. Initial phone interview with the hiring manager was also 45+ min, and also seemed to go great. Came in for a 7+ hour all day interview with the members of the team (other associates, other scientists, director of the dept, etc) and that seemed to go great. Was told I was a great fit for the job. Then I didn't hear anything back for 2 weeks, and when I did hear back (after contacting HR myself), I was told they were going to hire someone with more experience in a different skill. I would have not spent the time on that interview if I had known they were hiring for a different skill set. Very frustrating.

Biological Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Alnylam (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Overall, very pleasant experience:

Phone interview was quite short (5-10 minutes) asking background/experience in lab.
    In person interview was 1.5 hours. Asked about skill set in lab, background (academic/lab). Although I did not have prior industry experience, I received most of the skill sets that I needed for the job through orientation and training.

Interview Questions

• Ask questions regarding:
      - Background on different protein analysis.
      - Background on DNA/RNA extraction.
      - Background on optimization of protocols.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Interview

Rigorous but great experience. They know exactly what they are looking fur in the candidate. Everyone was candid and curious to know what your strengths are and what you would bring to the table.