Alphabet Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Alphabet Media

Editorial Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alphabet Media (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Applied online, called for interview, get the job after couple of days.

Interview Questions

• nothing :) , I had great interview session with the director .   Answer Question

Negotiation

as usual salary , just be firm on that :)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Alphabet Media.

Interview

It differs for every person, for myself, I had only one round of interview and was offered on the spot. They are in desperate need of people with the high turnover and people leaving them so the interview will be fairly easy as long as you are sufficiently capable.

Note: They are in favor of university graduates now.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for negotiation. Everything was set out in the contract clearly.

Sales Interview

Interview

Sounded nice. They said lots of nice things about the environment and the people. Asked about my sales experience and they were happy. Not too difficult.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Government IT?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate

Conference Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alphabet Media (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2013.

Interview

Got a call back quickly - within 2 days of submitting my application. Had to do a pre-interview assignment - draft a conference agenda with topics. Once the assignment was approved, they rang me up for an interview with the CEO, Conference Director and Marketing Director. Subsequently, I had a second round with the other Managing Director.

Interview Questions

Interview

Did not apply for the position (was gunning for the journalist role) but due to my background, was asked if I was interested to apply. A week later, I was interviewed by the MD - it was a somewhat informal setting, so I did not feel any pressure. We talked about my background, what I knew about events, all basic stuff. I was then told that the directors in Singapore would interview me and provide me a test case where I could showcase my capabilities. Did that and was offered the job the next day.

Interview Questions

• If you are someone who has not had much exposure related to IT (aside from your smartphone or tablet), then any question related to IT would be difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Alphabet Media (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2011.

Interview

Quite basic - I had experience with another conference company. They asked me about clients I sold to how much I sold reasons for leaving etc etc. They tried to pitch the company as being a young and vibrant place with a fun atmosphere. I found out that it was quite different when I joined - that everyone wanted out and was tired of the cancelled events, favouritism of senior staff and not getting paid commission that was promised etc

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate hard - they will tell you there is a fixed range for the position. I found out when I joined that there were all ranges from very high pay (girlfriends of senior management) to very low pay (especially non-Singaporeans from Asia. Preferably don't work here at all. everyone from sales seems to have been cheated in their commission

Journalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alphabet Media (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2010.

Interview

Quick reply to my application.
    Arranged a talk on the phone. It was nice talk and they invited me in for an interview.
    The interview was not too scary and they asked simple questions like:
    Questions about my background. What articles I have written. What do you know about cloud computing?
    They were nice people and they liked that I'd read the website.
    Advice for people who want to work for the company, read the FutureGov website and learn about IT stuff like cloud, data analytics. Learn about the company Alphabet, read that website too.
    I learned a lot at Alphabet, you have to learn a lot about technology fast. The people are friendly and you get to talk with lots of government types. For the negatives, you can read the other reviews here.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was happy with the offer and did not negotiate

Delegate Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alphabet Media (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2009.

Interview

Bear in mind this was back in '09. Came across AM blog & seems like a great place to work. Wrote in to MD & spoke over the phone & subsequently had an interview with MD in the Beach Road office. After that had a 2nd interview with the Sales Director. Notice that hiring criteria was much harder than it is right now.

The questions were all similar & usual as to what you experience in other interviews. Tell me about yourself, what events had you sold before, etc. I was asked by the MD to pitch to him the current program that I was selling to, aced it & was there for over 3 years.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, negotiate. There is no salary structure or HR for clearance etc. If the MD likes you, chances are you will get what you ask for on paper. Getting it into your bank is another story.