Alro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alro Interview Questions

Interviews at Alro

Laser Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Alro (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2016.

Interview

IQ tests and a brief sit down interview with a walkthrough of the steel processing area. The interviewer was no nonsense and a bit aggressive but looking back he may be the nicest person in the entire building.

Laser Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clare, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alro (Clare, MI).

Interview

First got an email. Then had to take the Wunderlick test. Then got another email stating that my interview would be scheduled. Then had to take a physical. After that got another email offering me a job. The whole process is kind of impersonal but I understood their logic behind it. Wasn't a bad experience at all.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alro (Louisville, KY) in April 2014.

Interview

Typical interview with little to no surprises. Drug test was mandatory at time of interview, as well as Intelligence test, math test. Required to be able to read a tape measure.

Warehouse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alro.

Interview

Applied online and got a call about a week later. Came in for an interview, was shown the warehouse and introduced to a few senior warehouse employees who explained that as long as I showed up for work on time I'd always have a job. Then was introduced to a senior manager who interviewed me and warned me that I wouldn't see my family much while working at Alro. I said when can I start, the rest is history.

Interview Questions

• How will you explain to your daughter that you will not be able to make it to her dance recital that she had practiced for the whole year because you have to work instead?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation, they tell you what the pay is and you must pass a math test, tape measure test, personality test, drug test, and a physcal (only 1 out of 100 applicants pass all the above and actually get hired).

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alro (Lansing, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

Had an interview with the plant superintendent and discussed the position. Then I was given a tour of the facilities before I was sent out to get a drug screen. When the results came back I was called and offered a start date.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Alro (Orlando, FL) in October 2018.

Interview

Quick meeting with inside sales manager followed by Wunderlick and IQ tests. Came in the following week to meet with GM. Fairly easy interviews. Received an offer a couple weeks later.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Alro (Fort Wayne, IN) in March 2019.

Interview

I applied online and within 2 weeks the assistant GM reached out for an interview. During the first interview I took a drug test and took two online exams. The first exam was a critical thinking exam and the second was a math test. After these exams I had the interview with the assistant GM. I was called a week later for the second interview. this interview was with the general manager the assistant general manager the inside sales manager and a member of the inside sales team. After this interview I was contacted with a job offer a number of weeks later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Earth City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Alro (Earth City, MO) in December 2017.

Interview

Wunderlich test, Personality test, math test. Then you interview with the GM, then the Area sales manager, then you take a drug screening, then you meet the inside sales manager. Two plus hour process so that they can send you a email stating you weren't selected..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Battle Creek, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alro (Battle Creek, MI) in May 2017.

Interview

First - Math/Reasoning and Drug Test
    Second - Meet the Management Team
    Third - Meeting the Higher Ups from Corporate and another District (this is scheduled, but not sure what happens beyond this point)

Interview Questions

• Sell me that clock on the wall, etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alro (Jackson, MI) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process was not that bad. You come in for two interviews minimum and the second one is the main determination if you will get hired or not. The second interview is with all the upper management.