Alta Devices Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Alta Devices

2.8

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Alta Devices (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through campus job fair.

It took a week or two to hear from them. Phone interview was reschedule twice(once without notice ). All questions were related to experience and job description. It was all easy nothing more on technical side

Simulation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alta Devices (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

The manager kept asking me about fundamental concepts in regards to cfd analysis. It was more of a test to see whether or not I'm actually qualified for the job.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me your experience with cfd? What is your background? What is it that you do in your current title?   1 Answer
    • Difference between fundamental concepts in regards to a particular application.   1 Answer
    • Do you have any questions for us?   1 Answer

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alta Devices (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

A 30 minute presentation of the research experience that I have, specifically technical experience and in depth knowledge of the topic of your choose. Followed by 5 individual interviews with managers of different departments, 30 minutes each. People are polite and easy to talk to. Overall a very good interview experience.

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Alta Devices (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I had a total of four rounds of interviews. There was a phone interview, a one site screening interview, a full day interview with many people and had to make a presentation. Finally there was last interview with the CEO. It was quite a long and intensive process and sees like everyone will have input on the hiring.

Interview Questions

• Having to make a 1 hour presentation was a surprise but I had about a weeks notice to put something together.   Answer Question

Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alta Devices (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied online actually for another position, however HR contacted me with this development engineer position, saying my background was more suitable for this role. OK, I thought the position I applied was filled and this position he offered is also within my capability so went with it. Due to NDA I cannot say too much of the interview, only thing I can say is final round is not on site, they just did a skype interview with a lot of people, which might be just budget issue. Got the offer 3 days after the skype interview and here is the dramatic part: The HR was so arrogant that she not only didn't answer any of my negotiation, but also not even answering any of my questions about the details of the offer. What she only did was rushing me into signing off the offer within 3 calendar days, and that's Friday Saturday and Sunday lol. Not answering email, not answering phone calls, just demanding you to sign the offer. Come on, I wasn't born yesterday, how can I sign off anything without knowing the details whatsoever. Had an all in all OK impression about the company, but the HR really kills the deal. A company with that kind of irresponsible and stupid HR in charge of deciding hiring intellectuals will never have a chance to grow. The upper management seems losing control of the HR and losing control of what kind of employees they are able to get. AVOID THIS COMPANY if you want to make any difference.

Technical Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alta Devices (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview began around 9am and with an introduction and 30 minute presentation given by myself, to all the interviewees of the day. Following the presentation, I had a total of 8 or 9 interviews with various team members, each lasted roughly 30 minutes in length. The day concluded with a dinner and time for me to ask questions/converse in a more relaxed environment. All in all the team made great impression on me.

Interview Questions

• What are the different sources of energy in the United States? What is the percentage of each source?   Answer Question

Application

I interviewed at Alta Devices in March 2015.

Interview

Fair Interview, smart and easygoing people. I talked to different people, they gave a good review of the company's needs and future objectives.all of them are highly educated people, there is no industrial or ignorant businessman attitude.

Process Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Alta Devices (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

I had two interviews there and took Alta more than three month to get back to me. They kept interviewing new applicants for the same opening in whole three months! Something I never heard of it in any other company.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alta Devices (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn and got a phone screening 2 weeks later. I was then invited for an in person interview 2 weeks after the phone screen where I gave a presentation and 1:1 interviews with managers over ~5hr period. I was invited for a 2nd in person interview (1:1 interviews with different team members) and site tour a week after the 1st in person interview. I received an offer 2 weeks after the site tour which I accepted. The Alta Devices team were professional, engaging, fair in their questioning and friendly throughout the entire process.

R&D Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alta Devices (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

A presentation and then group interview with 5-6 people from prospective colleagues, direct hiring manager to VP. It lasted around 3-4 hours with a working lunch provided by the company. Very friendly and smart team, good working environment.