Alton Towers Resort Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alton Towers Resort Interview Questions

Interviews at Alton Towers Resort

2.8

Junior Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alton, West Midlands, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alton Towers Resort (Alton, West Midlands, England (UK)).

Interview

Half a day of group tasks at their head office based at the Theme Park itself, followed by one on one interviews (free to leave after the interview, lunch was supplied in their staff canteen. After unsuccessful interview feedback was given on request.

Interview Questions

• Gave us a creative test asking how we would design/market a ride that was to be reopened soon.   Answer Question

Kitchen Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alton Towers, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Alton Towers Resort (Alton Towers, England (UK)) in July 2018.

Interview

Just asked questions on what job will be like what i have to do how much i have to do and rate of pay/ start time finish time. Asked me for my availability said was very flexible and willing to cover all hours. Was a pleasant experience would recommend to others.

Interview Questions

• Do i have any previous experience   1 Answer

Food and Beverage Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alton, West Midlands, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alton Towers Resort (Alton, West Midlands, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online filling in an application form, this included scenario questions
    Within 2 weeks attended a group interview
    A group of about sixteen were present
    A lot of team work tasks were done..design a new ride, restaurant
    What animal would you be
    10-15 minute personal interview
    Shown round the site with the opportunity to have a go on the rides
    This was followed by 3 induction days including a food health and hygiene test

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here
      What can you bring to this job
      What relative previous experience
      Why do you want to work here
      What do you know about Merlin   Answer Question

Food and Beverage Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alton, West Midlands, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alton Towers Resort (Alton, West Midlands, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

I completed an online interview, taking various tests facing different scenarios,, group assessment day presenting group ideas, working as a team but showing your own personality, one to one interview, different scenarios.

Ride Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alton Towers, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alton Towers Resort (Alton Towers, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

If your application is successful and you will be invited via email to attend an interview at a certain room in either the hotel or the main headquarters at the resort (very easy to find!). You wait in this room alongside some other interviewees and fill in an availability sheet for if you are successful. NOTE: They will tell you these dates won't be set in stone and changes can be made but please be aware this is only if you have other serious commitments like education, childcare etc.
     Once everybody has arrived, you will be introduced to the management team and other senior employees of the department you have applied for, and introduce yourselves to others through a quick activity or game. This is where your interpersonal skills will be assessed.
     You will then be split into groups and set a 15 minute task where your team work skills will be assessed and you will present back to the rest of the group at the end of the activity. Make your voice heard, but don't take charge!
     After this activity, you will be sent downstairs to get a quick drink and called back upstairs for a 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: How do you work in a team?
      Q: How would you deal with a guest complaint?
      Q; Describe a time where you stood up for what you believe in?   1 Answer

Retail Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alton Towers, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alton Towers Resort (Alton Towers, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

You will start off by doing an ice breaker to get to know everyone in the room then you will swiftly move into groups for the group assessment this changed from each assessment. Finally you will be told to wait in the waiting room for your turn to be interviewed by management once this is over it's about a week till you hear from the Resort.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Alton Towers Resort?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever experienced good customer service? And where was it?   Answer Question

Retail Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stoke-on-Trent, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Alton Towers Resort (Stoke-on-Trent, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

At my university was quick and fairly informal, once I had the job I went to a couple of training days at Alton Towers which was a really fun process with group work and also getting to ride the rollercoasters! The only cons were that the interview process involved alot of people through the day so it meant the interviewer seemed unfocused and just waiting for stock answers that were jotted down

Interview Questions

• Have you visited alton towers resort?   1 Answer

Customer Service Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alton Towers Resort.

Interview

The Interview Process Was Split into group activities (while being observed) and one-to-one interviews.
    The People going for the job where all very friendly and very nice people, I think for two of them it was there first ever interview. Every one seemed to get along and the Interviewers seemed very nice

Welcome Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alton Towers, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alton Towers Resort (Alton Towers, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was comprised of 2 stages: Group activities and one-to-one interview.

First, you're put into groups or 4/5 and asked to do team building exercises. On some of the tasks, you're asked to present your ideas back to the whole group.

After, you do a one-on-one interview withe the interviewee and they ask you questions.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work for Alton Towers, a time whether you showed initiate, define a role model, what are your best skills etc.   Answer Question

Entertainments Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alton, West Midlands, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alton Towers Resort (Alton, West Midlands, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

We hold an assessment day, this involves an ice breaker, two piratical tasks, a theory task and then 1-1 interview, all broken up with a few games and coffee/tea. We like to ensure its lots of fun and get you relaxed so we can interview the real you.