Ambius Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 8, 2017

2.5

Plant Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Souderton, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ambius (Souderton, PA).

Interview

Interview was conducted with two people in the room. At that time it was a very relaxed interview process - this was previous to the company becoming what is now Ambius. I had experience and was familiar with the job and territory.

Interview Questions

• Time and experience on the previous job.   1 Answer

Plant Technician Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ambius.

Interview

After speaking with the recruiter in Chicago, I met with who would be my supervisor in Seattle Washington and interviewed with her. The interview was her telling me about the job since she already knew about my experience

Interview Questions

• I was called by a recruiter from their main office who asked me a lot of the pertinent questions about my resume. He then forwarded my information onto the office in Seattle, Washington   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you don't have an impeccable background, beware. ITS LIKE THEY GIVE YOU A BITE OF A BIG FAT JUICY CARROT AND THEN THEY TAKE IT AWAY!! I interviewed for the job, and they offered me the job. I received my offer email, welcoming to Ambius, with the start date, my pay rate, and all of my new hire instructions. I did as instructed, and proceeded to prepare my life for my new job. 3 days before I was supposed to start my job, I got a letter in the mail from the company who did my background check telling me that it " may have adversely affected my employment". Having no idea what this meant, and being scared to death, I emailed my new boss and got no response. I also tried calling her, with no response. Another email would also not get a response from her. Assuming the worst, but hoping I had a job, and yet knowing deep down I didn't, I looked on Glassdoors and saw the job that I was supposed to be starting in 3 days, posted; and it had been posted 4 days earlier. No one bothered to tell me that I didn't get the job. They just threw me to the curb.
    I'm not a felon, or anything close to that. Just some stupid things in my past which I take full responsibility for. Had I known about a background check, I wouldn't have applied. Most employers state this up front!
    This was the most callous, hurtful, process I have ever been through in my life!! And I also know it happened to someone else before me. So PLEASE PLEASE BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ambius (Columbus, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for the parent company almost immediately after submitting my application. I wasn't really prepared for them to call right away but we had a small phone interview and then she told me she would forward my application to the hiring manager in my area. I agreed and shortly thereafter was also contacted by the hiring manager from nearby. She asked me what I knew about the company, and I shared what I knew. Up to this point, I considered this a normal interview. I wanted the position and had thought I had a pretty good chance of getting it.
    After she asked me that, she proceeded to pull out a packet of "12 things I wish someone would've told me before I took this job" and starts listing off reasons why I wouldn't be a good fit for the position. I understand that when you're hiring somebody, you want to make sure that your prospective employee knows exactly what they're getting into and can do that job well. However, it was clear that she immediately didn't think I was a good fit for the job and repeatedly started challenging everything I said.
    Honestly at this point I was a little intimidated but more annoyed considering the position they were looking to fill really wasn't a big of a deal as she was making it seem, though I'm a small female I can still lift 30 lbs of water... Thank you.
    For some reason they still offered me to ride along with a technician for a day, and I still didn't have a job, so I agreed and set up a time. I met the tech in a big building downtown and she showed me what it was like to do that job for a day, which was basically finding where the water was and watering all the plants. It was exactly what i thought it would be despite their feverish attempts to stave me off from working there.
    I finished the ride along and got the same feel from the woman "training me" as I did from the hiring manager, they didn't think I was right for the job and challenged everything I said. Why you would put someone that far through the hiring process of you thought they were a bad fit is beyond me.
    It's been a week since the ride-along and I haven't heard anything back from them despite a promise of a reply within two days whether I got the job or not.
    In retrospect I don't think I would've wanted to work for people like that anyway.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ambius in February 2016.

Interview

I was first screened by HR person at parent company, then referred to Office Manager at local office. Interview was very relaxed and Melanie took the time to answer all of my questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I am at the point of submitting to a background check and was offered the opportunity to do a ride along with a tech. So technically I haven't been made a formal offer but I feel confident.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ambius (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in September 2014.

Interview

Good phone interview with immediate manger and office manager. They did a good job of explaining the position and some expectations. One in person interview locally with the branch manager. Somewhat laidback, but very professional. Hired during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you wanting to leave your current position after less than a year?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with a client who was upset?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Ambius (Orlando, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied on line, did 2 phone interviews with HR then 3 interviews in person, took 8 months to get the job, was extremely happy at first, but for the last 6 months it has been THE worst job I have EVER had!! Extremely stressful! No leadership, respect or help!

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ambius.

Interview

Fine on a local level, had a good boss who hired me

Interview Questions

• I'm a professional in Interiorscape, no difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy, I had professional experience.
    I would not recommend even approaching this corp at this point.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ambius (Arlington, VA) in January 2012.

Interview

It was the basic interview process, interviewing with 3 different managers. All of the interviews were in person. If you are in sales, account management the questions are familiar. The interview was conversational and comfortable. I was able to ask questions and get a sense of the position. To learn what it is like in the position working day in and day out.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crayford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ambius (Crayford, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

2 x telephone interviews with Patrick Over. Very searching questions and detailed phone interviews - but that no doubt helps filter unsuitable candidates.
    Interview with Terry Burrows & Sarah Walker .
    Meeting with Sarah Hockman - senior field sales consultant
    Meeting with Scott Friday & Toby Ellis

I have to say that seeing such a broad spectrum of Ambius personnel really does ensure any concerns or issues raised about taking on a potential candidate are discussed internally before any offers of employment are made. It looks a sound process from my view point.

Although I have stated the process took "weeks", it spanned a couple of weeks but the entire interview process was linked together and co ordinated very professionally & very swiftly for the number of people I saw.
    Both feed back and the next steps were always updated by Patrick very thoroughly & swiftly - by phone and e-mail - which is fantastic.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for this role?   1 Answer

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ambius (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call a few days later. Went in for a 10 minute interview with area manager. Basically discussed my past jobs and what this job entails. Very short interview as it was for a seasonal position. I had no idea it was for Christmas decor. I was considered because I have a liberal arts and sciences certificate from humber. Also asked if I have ever decorated before which I have.

Interview Questions

• How are you working in your own   1 Answer