Ambius Reviews | Glassdoor

John Myers

1. "Service Technician"

Current Employee - Plant Technician
    Current Employee - Plant Technician

I have been working at Ambius full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

company vehicle, full benefits, great support

Cons

I dont have anything to list off the top of my head

Advice to Management

None

"Completely discouraged from poor business practices"

Current Employee - Service in Des Plaines, IL
    Current Employee - Service in Des Plaines, IL

I have been working at Ambius full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with plants and customers that believe in adding enhancements to the work place is very rewarding.

Cons

Ambius does not provide what we need to properly service our customers. Most technicians and operations managers are over worked and underpaid. High unrealistic expectations that in the end affect the customer. In the past year when someone leaves their work is absorbed by others and they are not replaced causing more stress out in the field and it shows to the customer and the bottom line. No support for those that are in direct contact with customers. Back in the day we were like family, encouraged to support one another now the culture is fend for yourself. Management lies and does not listen. They say they will hire and don't. They say it will get better and it's gotten worse. Worst holiday season every....was an embarrassment to present product to our customer and most of us were overworked. Not safe to push some that hard.

Advice to Management

If you take care of your employees, they will take care of your customer and your business will thrive. Don't treat Ambius like pest control because it's different. Stop just focusing on the bottom line and implement good business practices like training (managers and technicians), support (efficient and timely admin and billing), incentives to build team culture back, quality product (don't skimp to save a buck), support ops management (they seem so frustrated). GIVE US WHAT WE NEED TO TAKE CARE OF OUR CUSTOMERS AND ASK US AND LISTEN TO US.

"Worst company I ever worked for. Period."

Former Employee - Senior Service Technician in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Service Technician in Boston, MA

I worked at Ambius full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have nothing positive to say. This particular branch was horrific. Beat down the employees,mentally and physically.

Cons

The whole Boston branch is laughable. The hiring of management without any horticulture background is ludicrous.Treated long time,and I mean employees of over 25 years-horrible.

Advice to Management

Get a horticultural background. Take some management classes. Take an class on etiquette.Learn how to treat all people with respect,not just your management staff.

"Good Company"

I worked at Ambius full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company provides vehicle (including gas and maintenance), phone, work supplies, and lets you dictate your own schedule.

Cons

I can't see this company lasting much longer with their current customer satisfaction, higher than normal prices, and lack of leadership (lower end). There really aren't any set standards. There are MAJOR communication barriers between different levels in the company.

Advice to Management

Communicate with each other. Listen (no ..I mean REALLY listen) to what the technicians/installers are telling you. They are the ones out there hearing what the customers are really saying (not what they are saying to some random telephone survey that asks very vague questions)

6. "Service Tech"

I worked at Ambius full-time

Pros

The job is very flexible

Cons

I don't have any thing bad to say about the company

"Upper management hasn't a clue!"

I have been working at Ambius full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Vehicle, flexible schedule. Meet interesting people.

Cons

Overworked, low wages, no room for growth, will suck the life out of you if let them. Since the change over with JC Ehrlich it has been a slide towards the bottom. Sense of Community was destroyed, Big Brother was employed. They haven't a clue how to merge the two together. A few years ago the CEO sent his monthly news letter out addressing the hectic summer months and reminded us that if you have to make a choice between vacation/family time or taking care of customer needs, take care of that customer...

Advice to Management

Have a clear and realistic vision for the Ambius brand. We are not Pest Control. Instead of making the focus on the money, make it on the employee, the money will follow when you have employees who feel valued and appreciated.This is what you fail to see. Its scary to see how quickly you are replacing managers with experience in our plant business with managers from Pest Control. Unless the desire is to dump the plant side of the business. In that case, it does make sense.

"plants"

Current Employee - Plant Technician in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Plant Technician in Chicago, IL

Pros

Car, phone, diverse duties, providing a service most appreciate.

Cons

Changing Managers from pesticide hire relatives and friends know 0 about plants. Overloaded routes, no or little raises. Backbreaking work. Run.

Advice to Management

Plants are different than killing pests. Your employees are your wealth and should be respected. Company being run into ground

9. "Good place to learn"

Current Employee - Learning and Development Intern in Des Plaines, IL
    Current Employee - Learning and Development Intern in Des Plaines, IL

Pros

A good place to start your internship and it's excellent working environment too. Friendly people around you and you can work at home sometimes as an intern.

Cons

The company is part of Rentokil Initial, so the headquarter is in Pennsylvania, sometimes is kind of tough to work with virtually with other colleagues in the different state.

Advice to Management

Better Corporate Management Systems and maybe focus on internal management more than seeking for exclusive business opportunities

"Really not worth it!!"

Current Employee - Plant Care Technician in Kansas City, KS
    Current Employee - Plant Care Technician in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at Ambius (More than a year)

Pros

You don't spend money on gas or wear & tear on your vehicle. You use the their vehicle.

Cons

No advancement and it's back breaking work.

"Misogny rules this company!"

Former Employee - Tecnnician in Souderton, PA
    Former Employee - Tecnnician in Souderton, PA

I worked at Ambius (More than 8 years)

Pros

Some great people to work with,unfortunately not the people in management. New management company cleared out many of the knowledgeable experienced workers for easier to manipulate newer trainees or flunkies. Continue to learn and love working with plants.

Cons

Poor communications within the company. Misleading information, set up for failure with overload of work on the willing and able. No good deed goes unpunished. Never a real productive conversation with management more of a patriarchy " Father Knows Best" approach. Very disturbing now that I think about it. Uneven pay scale throughout the company.

Advice to Management

Shame on You! Get a conscience!