Ambius Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Ambius CEO John Myers
John Myers
Pros
Cons
  • "Long hours during the holiday's including weekends and no extra pay if you're a salaried employee(in 4 reviews)

• "Upper management makes poor decisions when it comes to staffing and management choices(in 4 reviews)

1. "Plant Care Specialist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo Grove, IL

I worked at Ambius full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company vehicle can be kept at home. Company IPhone.

Cons

Sometimes routes can start at 4:00am

Ambius2018-11-26
  2. "Specialist"

Current Employee - Specialist in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Ambius full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is a lot of good benefits.

Cons

There are many chances for overtime.

Ambius2019-09-04

"Nothing but long-term headaches"

Former Employee - Plant Health Care Technician

I worked at Ambius full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Traveling, caring for unique indoor landscapes

Cons

The management does not listen. They will cut corners to save money, but it always ends up showing to the clients who are paying a lot of money for these products, which end up looking sub-par at best. Any changes they implement that end up not working, they will ignore everyone telling them otherwise, leaving the tech to bear the anger of the client day in and day out. They refuse to work on maintaining client's... interiorscape until it looks so horrid that the client has to repeatedly complain directly to the company to get anything fixed. All in the name of saving money and making numbers look good. Which results in the tech once again bearing the brunt of the clients' anger. Because of the not listening, situations are created in office for months on end where people are constantly running about trying to fix another person's "lack of care" created problem. Everyone who tries to fix things outside of management end up so behind on their work or unable to wholly fix things that it brings no short term relief and still long term grief.

Advice to Management

Listen to those who work in the field. Just because they're low man on the totem pole does not mean they don't see the consequences of your choices. If they're constantly telling you something(s) isn't working, don't ignore them. FIX it. Ignoring will only exacerbate the problem and the clients will always see all the "lack of care" and they will always yell at the low man on the totem pole who is the face of your... company. Ignore the constant demand of making numbers look good for corporate. Take care of your employees, and they'll take care of your clients. Your numbers will reflect this.

Ambius2019-06-27
  4. "Great team of employees"

Current Employee - Customer Service and Plant Tech in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Ambius full-time for less than a year

Pros

I work with a really amazing team of Ambius employees. Going to work with plants and flowers is lots of fun. Lots of hours to be had.

Cons

My branch is amazing. Sometimes the national sales team sells ideas to customers that are almost impossible to achieve (as long as the company is willing to allow me the hours I am willing to try and make it work)

Advice to Management

Management does a great job at the Anaheim location to not stress out their technicians, because the customers and the schedule can get stressful sometimes.

Ambius2019-03-18

"Sinking Ship full of bugs"

I worked at Ambius for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice benefits packages offered to employees

Cons

Unfortunately, it's a sinking ship with no real direction. the pest control people have taken over the plant division. The two divisions don't jive

Advice to Management

Sell off the plant division and cut your losses.

Ambius2018-11-03
  6. "A Content Long Term Employee"

Current Employee - Design Specialist in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Ambius full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

A corporation that is actually bringing some good to the world through its lines of business. Great supportive people-culture, stable environment. Proud to be a part 23 years later.

Cons

As with any corporation, change is the operative word. Some of the tools given to employees do not work as well as they should. People come and go because they are promised raises with new position titles and responsibilities that do not materialize. Being able to adjust your sail in the wind is a must at this company (as with any company)

Advice to Management

Come through with what you promise regarding position and title changes. I have seen some valuable talent leave because promises were not kept.

Ambius2018-07-20

"Sales & Design Consultant - Lack of Training and Support"

Sales and Design Consultant

I worked at Ambius for more than a year

Pros

Great software if you can get proper and timely training on it.

Cons

For my Sales & Design Consultant position as an SDC, it took over 7 months before I was sent to official training with Tamera on how to use the design software. Prior to that, I was only given 2 hours of training and had to figure the rest out for myself since none of my managers knew about the Unique brand software or new how to troubleshoot it. While I agree that training with Emma and Sue was helpful,... again, it came about 11 months too late and I had all kinds of quotes due while I still had to attend class which was very stressful. When my computer crashed during the middle of class, I had to wait until I got back to my main office in order to get the computer fixed. I had several angry customers and some opportunities lost because of this. In addition to the Sales people learning this training, the biggest mistake that Ambius does is by not giving upper management access and training to this same Unique software so they understand how long it takes to actually source and make a quote. When I was new, my manager could not help me with basic quoting or system questions. So what it really comes down to is how can you manage what you do not know?!

Advice to Management

Have upper management actually get and learn Unique so you are more realistic with your expectations. It is impossible to meet the same sales measurements as the Pest side of the business that can hand quote everything without the Unique sales software that takes a lot longer to do and gives overpriced Ambius quotes.

Ambius2018-05-17
  8. "Outstanding Line of Business Training Program"

I have been working at Ambius full-time

Pros

Great care has been taken to set Ambius Sales and Design Consultants up for success. With a refreshed line of business training curriculum, provided by Emma Galvez and Sue Wieland, not only do team members receive inspiration to sell plants, green walls, holiday decor and scenting, but they also receive presentations templates, calculators, images, and detailed instruction. It makes all the difference to know that... Emma and Sue are available to support the team at all times! Knowing fellow team members across the country is yet another valuable result of the training program. A+!

Cons

Training takes the SDC out of the field for a short time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the excellent support!

Ambius2018-04-02

"Operations manager"

Former Employee - Operations Manager

I worked at Ambius full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Creativity can thrive in this industry. Working with plants can be therapeutic. Get to be out and about town every day. Never boring.

Cons

Upper management makes poor decisions when it comes to staffing and management choices. They don't ask the proper questions to make informed decisions. Quality suffers for the sake of making high profits. Buying out other businesses, but can’t handle what they already have. Front line employees underpaid. I worked there for 15 years and was told my job was eliminated during a five minute phone conversation,... without an ounce of empathy. Company has no direction whatsoever.

Advice to Management

Hire people suited for the job, not your friends and family.

Ambius2018-03-26

"Style Design Consultant"

Former Employee - Style Design Conultnt in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Ambius full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people were wonderful to work with

Cons

They tried running their plant division the same as their pest control division. Didn't work very well.

Ambius2017-11-16