America Works Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Corporate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at America Works (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

After applying on line I was screened on the telephone by the recruiter who had the job.
    I think reported to an America Works Site and had a one on one interview.
    I was asked to fill out paperwork for the background check.
    I then met with the Director of Operations for a second interview.
    After that I was asked to interview with the CEO and then was offered the job.

All employees meet with a recruiter, then the Director of Operations, a Site Director and then the CEO.

Interview Questions

• Why did I leave a teaching career to pursue corporate training.   1 Answer

Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at America Works (New York, NY).

Interview

The CEO asked if i was jewish, and a week later i was asked to work for two hours as a trail. I was told that i was going to be able to make up to 5,000 a month because some of the sale staff are producing high numbers. Staff with less experience, but who look different than me were hiring for more promising roles instead.

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at America Works in November 2015.

Interview

The first interview was fine. I basically got the rundown of what the company does. The second interview was what was awful. I had to wait two hours to speak to someone because there was no coordination between the different offices. The interview was then about 2 minutes long. Then I had to wait 3 weeks to hear an answer.

Interview Questions

• Q: are you willing to work with dangerous homeless and mentally disabled people?   1 Answer

Intake Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at America Works.

Interview

Sent resume and cover letter through indeed.com and two weeks later I was contacted by a staffing agency that did a phone screening and told me about the position. One week after the phone screening an in person interview was set up. The interview went really well more of a description of the position as well as different challenges that would arise. The questions were not difficult. I had to complete online tests to prove typing skills, microsoft word and excel competency.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work with convicted felons without judgement and prejudice?   Answer Question

Site Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at America Works (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Three pone interviews up the chain, finally talked with the CEO. Each interview was preceded by an email to arrange the time, and one thing that really impressed me is they kept things moving at a good pace. Decisions were made quickly, and the whole process seemed fair and well deliberated.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience levels working with people of various struggling demographics   Answer Question

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at America Works (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

Met with the director and one of the other higher ups. They also brought in an employee to share her day to day experiences and duties. It lasted about an hour or so. Also, it was later requested that I meet the CEO prior to working, and that was an ordeal within itself. SMH
    The interview overall at the location was fine.

But the entire process in terms of follow up and hiring was absolutely ABYSMAL and I would not recommend to anybody. Completely ridiculous, unprofessional, sloppy, etc. Over 2 months later after I was told I had the job, NOTHING has happened. If they called tomorrow, I wouldn't even answer the phone. The irony of a company that has goals of getting people employment, yet can't even hire employees, amazing. If you apply for this location, prepare to have a Plan B, C, and D, while dealing with complete lackadaisical attitudes, unapologetic demeanor, and above all else, NOT WORKING. DO NOT AND WILL NOT EVER RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY.

Interview Questions

• What can you do for us as a company?   1 Answer

Completely unprofessional process. A director that clearly shouldn't be one because the lack of follow up is astounding. Having to wait to basically get the 'ok' from the CEO (which can take weeks with her schedule and the times you may have scheduled with her, most likely will be cancelled and rescheduled, thus pushing your start date even further back). An absolute nightmare for somebody who really wants to work and literally can't because you aren't given a tentative start date, nothing. Will never recommend this company or recruiter to anybody in my life. EVER.

Trainer Interview

Interview

A meeting with management - they will haggle and sell you on the job. This is a big RED FLAG!

Interview Questions

• Personal and unnecessary questions from a CEO that wants to speak with every employee!   Answer Question

Negotiation

They initially offer you a higher salary and then offer you much lower than what you initially expected.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at America Works (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Hired through college fair.

Another job opportunity.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at America Works (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Multiple interviews with different Directors at the company. CEO gets way too personal in interview and is a terrible interviewer. She asks very personal questions that should not be asked during an interview.

Interview Questions

• There are no difficult interview questions. They are your basic standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at America Works (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I had to interview with three individuals,including the CEO of the company. The first one was with the office manager, the second was with the director. The company really wants to make sure that you are a good fit for the organization. Just make sure that you do your research on the company.