American Diabetes Association Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Diabetes Association Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2017

2.5

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Diabetes Association.

Interview

Long, nothing face to face. Everything was set up through the recruiter.

Interviewer missed the second interview. Hired me 30 mins after my second interview. I did not meet my hiring manager until 3 months in. I quit shortly after. She clearly had no leadership ability or knowledge of what we were trying to pull off.

Manager, Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Diabetes Association (New York, NY).

Interview

Brief and to the point. They asked questions about the mission and your experience with high level volunteers. They are extremely nice and dedicated to the cause. Make sure you check the website and know a bit about the organization beforehand.

Special Events Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Diabetes Association (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an on-site interview the next week. People there are very nice. One manager and one associate manager interviewed me together in there conference room. The interview lasted about 25 minutes.

Marketing and Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Diabetes Association (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by 2 people. They were very friendly. They asked a lot of questions, but were somewhat laid back. They gave you a lot of questions that you could use to talk about yourself and your skills easily. Be professional and positive, and remember what you wrote on your resume and cover letter because they will ask you about it for sure.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Diabetes Association (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview was done in a very professional manner, yet casual tone. The hiring manager asked relevant questions to the position and did not drift into chit-chat for too long.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Diabetes Association (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Applied online. Got a phone call the very next day. The phone interview was quick maybe 10 minutes. I was asked two question: Why am I interested in working with ADA? When would I be available to come in for an interview? I went in for a face to face interview a few days later. Interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. By the end of the interview I was reassured that I would get a phone call to finalize things. Interview was quick and painless.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions. Tell us about yourself? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Why are you interested in working with ADA? Will I be able to dedicate at least 20 hours a week?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Diabetes Association (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

My interview process was a bit shorter than usual due to a strange situation. I applied for the same position at two different locations within the ADA, one at a closer field office and another at the regional office which is located next to my hometown that I could have also worked at. The online application was not working with my computer so I tried to submit a few times and I kept getting an error. After a week went by, I went into the local field office and asked the manager if they had received my application. It ended up being a spontaneous interview which was short and asked the typical interview questions. About a week later (now going on two weeks since application) I got an email saying I was approved for a background check and needed to send in some documentation. A couple days after being in contact with HR for the background check I was offered an interview with the regional office. I accepted the interview offer anyway and mentioned to the regional manager what was happening in the field office, and that it would be easier for me to work there instead of the regional office. The interview went very well with the regional manager, she introduced me to the office and talked more about the community programs that the ADA works on, as that was the specific internship I applied for. She did not give me the standard interview since I made it aware at the beginning that I already had one, but she did ask about my previous experience as I had other internships. A few days after the interview I received an e-mail from the manager of the field office with an offer and a start date that I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Do you or anyone you know have diabetes? What is your experience with the disease?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Diabetes Association (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

Full day of interviews (lots of fun, actually) with numerous people across the organization and ended up working with all of them and more after getting the job. Offered leftover lunch from a separate meeting. Reimbursed for parking in garage.

Lengthy salary negotiations, as ADA pay is very low compared to other DC area organizations. Still took a significant pay cut to work here because of the mission, but it hurt me financially.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

Interview

The job interview I had was okay, it was not anything unique or special. They didn't ask me to take a test or anything like that. The people I interviewed with were nice, and the building was professional and modern but I had to pay for parking just for the interview, which I didn't like. Would have been better had the offices been closer to a Metro station.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Diabetes Association (Miami, OK) in February 2016.

Interview

The process was quite smooth and quick. I kicked it off by researching project management careers that I could put my masters degree to good use in. This was followed by an email which lead to a phone interview with a very pleasant manager. Then was contacted by HR and the process was smooth sailing.