American Sugar Refining Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 20, 2017

2.7

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Sugar Refining (New York, NY).

Interview

Human Resources interview was only five minutes long over the phone. Met with hiring manager and hire level manager both in person on the same day for about two - three hours. Was given a brief tour of the office space.

Interview Questions

• What challenges have you recently faced that you think will help you here?   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Sugar Refining (New Orleans, LA) in December 2016.

Interview

Good behaviioral interview following a phone screen. Interviewed with Manager and HR Rep and was shown the work area and shown the general premise of what the position would entail.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult co-worker   1 Answer

Human Resources Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Sugar Refining.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the Corporate Recruiter almost two weeks ago. She asked me some questions regarding my background and said that she would review my information with the hiring manager and be in touch early next week. I still have yet to hear back from her which is incredibly disappointing. I won't be applying to this company ever again.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my experience at each of my previous employers.   Answer Question

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arabi, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Sugar Refining (Arabi, LA) in November 2015.

Interview

Multi-level interviews included human resources personnel, engineering and supervisory round-table, then two senior management interviews, one of which included a walk-through and tour of the intended work-space. Besides typical questions concerning background and work history, there was curiosity as to how I made the choice to start a new career as a process operator, most likely due to the fact that I am an older woman starting a new career path in a male-dominated setting.

Interview Questions

• Surprisingly, when meeting the final interviewer, the refinery manager asked me to interview him.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I and several other classmates that signed non-negotiable salary agreements according to union guidelines, ended up having to accept or not accept lower offers due to conflicts between the administration and workers union.

control tech Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at American Sugar Refining.

Interview

Interview process was third party directly with upper management via a recruiter. After several face-to-face interviews, some tests, physical and drug screen process to hire is about 30-120 days. Be ready to grab a vest, boots, hard hat, eye protection, hearing protection and gloves. If you love the smell of making sugar this job is for you.

Interview Questions

• (what not to ask) Is Baltimore safe? (2015 riots)   1 Answer
    • Was asked offline, Are you okay with "Shop Talk"?   1 Answer
    • Are you comfortable with stairs?   1 Answer
    • Are you okay with a dirty job?   1 Answer

Process Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yonkers, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Sugar Refining (Yonkers, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online, then was called in for 2 interviews and a Plant Tour:

1- Interview with HR Rep, Process Dept. Manager
    2- Interview with Refinery Plant Manager, Plant Tour
    3- Interview With HR Regional Manager

Interview Questions

• Discussed my experience, position details, various questions on how I would handle certain situations.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I interviewed at American Sugar Refining in May 2014.

Interview

I found the company at a career fair. I was later contacted by HR for a phone interview. About a month later, I was invited for an onsite interview. There were a few others interviewing on the same day. We went on a tour of the sugar factory at the same time. The smell of sugar was very strong, which may or may not be a good thing. After the tour, we all went for lunch. That was followed by one on one interviews. A total of 3 short interviews, one of which was with the HR manager. Any job from this company requires a 2 year rotating training period. Come prepared with many questions to ask, otherwise the interview would seem short.

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be the most challenging part of this job?   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Sugar Refining (Boca Raton, FL).

Interview

Applied online, then received request of phone interview with corporate recruiter. From there, was invited to campus for an in-person interview. It was a small scale innovation center and the atmosphere was welcoming. I spoke with the team I would work with of about 3 people and the head of the department. It was a little nerve-racking since I had to speak with so many people including the head of the department. I was there for about 2.5 hours. It was clear that they wanted to have someone who would mesh well with the team. The only thing was that they did not give me a decision for over a month later. I was told this was because of scheduling conflicts, but that was quite a lot of time not knowing.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a shelf life study for a corn syrup?   1 Answer

Laboratory Supervisor Interview

Interview

Very dysfunctional, accepted the offer - because of financial needs.

Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yonkers, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Sugar Refining (Yonkers, NY).

Interview

My interview was long time ago...

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotation