American Superconductor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at American Superconductor

Principal Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Superconductor (Boston, MA).

Interview

Met the hiring manager at a conference, where I was giving a talk. After the talk he approached me asked whether I was seeking an employment in Industry. I said yes, and the process started. I sent him my resume and he informed me of his interest. After a week or so, I was informed that I will be called for an onsite interview. I was there within a month, gave a talk and met with key team members who talked about the challenges and rewards for joining. They asked me some generic questions and enjoyed that conversation. I answered the questions with optimism and confidence. I had the offer within a month.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach a scientific challenge and come-up with a solution ?   1 Answer

Electronic Manufacturing Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Berlin, WI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Superconductor (New Berlin, WI).

Interview

It had to be a day that a manager that was located at different facility to be there. I used a vacation day to interview but the manager was not there. It was only one interview and relaxed. I was offered a position within a couple days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was really no negotiation because everything was fare.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Berlin, WI

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Superconductor (New Berlin, WI) in June 2010.

Interview

The HR recruiter cold-called me based on a recommendation of a friend. He offered bery little info about the company, but listened well. I had most of the experience they seemed to be looking for, yet I never made it to the engineering management. I was surprised.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked general questions about my experience and then let me talk.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Devens, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Superconductor (Devens, MA) in May 2010.

Interview

It was very thorough. I was interviewed by 5 people, representing different departments.

Interview Questions

• Some of the technical questions were challenging, concerning processes at previous employers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was simple. I started as a temporary employee, and when they asked me to go permanent and offered a raise, I accepted.