Amherst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amherst Interview Questions

Interviews at Amherst

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amherst (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, second phone interview with multiple people, 2-hour on-site interview. The CTO told me I was the only person who had made it to the third phase. I thought the third interview went well, and the recruiter told me he would get back to me within 1-2 days. I followed up with a thank-you email. After a full week, I received a cookie-cutter rejection email. Several employees including the CTO described the office culture as "locker-room," which was simply not appropriate.

Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amherst (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

The recruiting department at Amherst is friendly and organized. They provide great feedback and follow-up. The company is complex and they really take the time to discuss the various parts of the organization.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amherst in April 2018.

Interview

I reached out. Recruiting manager set up 40min phone convo. Good small company but Very particular culture. He told me about what he does and and the company. Asked specific questions regarding my resume. clever recruiter. I had to reach out again to receive an answer about my interview.

Interview Questions

• Resume questions. Why did you pursue computer eng. Experience in real estate. What kind of data you worked with. How large was the dataset, (it needs to be big TB). Why did you do sql - was on my resume.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amherst (Austin, TX).

Interview

2 Phone interviews and 1 face to face. Phone interviews were interesting asking to demonstrate how I can deal with real world conflicts. However, face to face was more brief than expected. The interviewee stuck to just one question and did not attempt to explore other knowledge areas. Moreover, after the interview there was absolutely no communication from the HR regarding the result of the interview. I mean, come on, the company needs to respect the time and effort of the candidate as well, at least by acknowledging with a follow-up email.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflicts in a team
      Describe Agile methodology   Answer Question

BI Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amherst.

Interview

Unfortunately another firm that states one thing in a posting for a job but wants something different. Claimed to want a grad with quantitative BSc with professional experience using SQL and Excel to get information from complex and convoluted datasets seeking out the root cause of issues and developing solutions. Although I have multiple years doing just this I was rejected. Only thing I can figure is that the mention of “Familiarity with real estate” under “Desired skills but not required” should really be placed under Requirements; this clarification would have saved my time and theirs (if they are even hiring and not fishing).

Interview Questions

• How many mortgages and real estate deals have you closed? and other real estate questions   1 Answer

Asset Managee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amherst.

Interview

Interview was strange. Interviewer didn't have prepared questions and had no knowledge of my resume contents. Interviewer yawned through entire interview which I found unprofessional. Interviewer apologized repeatedly and said he didn't get enough sleep the night before. Was unprepared to answer my questions. At the end of interview stated there were others he would like me to meet, but they were all absent. Indicated there would be second interview. Three weeks later and after following up I was advised that the position was filled.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aust, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amherst (Aust, England (UK)).

Interview

Hiring process was disorganized. Nobody greeted me upon arrival until finally the interviewers grabbed me and apparently didn’t know where the interview would be held. I was moved from room to room across the building which is unusual. Several people I interviewed with seemed like they didn’t know they were scheduled to speak with me and seemed unhappy to be there. Was very turned off by the culture off the bat. Many employees I spoke with seemed unhappy, overworked, and came off arrogant. I was even told there is drama in the department. I felt very uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• Many “describe a situation when” questions. Seems like they want to stump you   Answer Question

Amherst Response

Jul 24, 2019 – Amherst

Thank you for your review and we apologize you did not have a positive experience. We value your feedback to improve our interview process and best practices so that all candidates have a great... More